Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Looks like a little East Kent streamer going there, showers could be a bit wintry.

Looking at the overnight models, as they stand, I would expect snow showers getting into our region later on Weds as the -10 850s approach with a favourable flow a little north of east. Off to work, please, please have some good news for me when I get home!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

will change my profile um very new to this,im in essex so fingers crossed

Posted

Convection off the North sea is producing showers which are moving into the SE :D

The heavy shower band to the West might edge further East later today. Let's see how this pans out 8)

Posted

Surely for any of us in the SE (IOW east) we want that band of rain/sleet/snow to stay in the west? Isn't it best to stay in the colder air from the continent rather than risk a marginal risk of something wintry from the west?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

7 day forecast gives mostly dryness for my area but Friday -Saturday constant snow . Is this reliable? Are there good chances for precip. Developing.

Fingers crossed I get snowed in !! (on a weekday tho!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Sarah, there is some precip heading your way.... may only be rain thou ...

Posted

If the GFS snow charts came off as is, then my particular area would be in for quite a few hours of snow over the next couple of days and even more so at the end of this week

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=snow;sess=

It's a nice trend and the specifics are now down to some pretty sophisticated monitoring equipment that no real snow watcher should be without:

lamp-post-and-snow-flakes-by-halley.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

I got in touch with my local council as my lamppost stopped working looks like they fixed it just in time! :clap: Thank you Dover District Council!

Posted

Probably the biggest most difficult job to get nailed.. the farming forcast today.. i reckon all you going to hear is the words "were guessing" or "were not to sure".. suppose everybody's going to be glued to that??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Hint of uncertainty in the model thread this morning.

Without a doubt it's going to get colder over the next 3 days and chance of snow for some, beyond that it can still go either way.

Posted

Sunday 29 January Published at 06:37

UK Warnings

Weather Warning

Sunday 29th January 2012

There is a YELLOW WARNING of SNOW in force for parts of northwest England, Wales, West Midlands and southwest England.

Rain pushing in from the west is expected to turn to snow with the potential for accumulations of several cm, especially on hills. For Wales and southwest England the snow is expected to begin on Sunday, whilst further east it will begin on Monday morning.

There is a risk of disruption to transport.

This forecast has considerable uncetainty around the eastern extent of the snow, please continue to check for the lastest updates.

Valid 1200 Sunday to 1200 Monday.

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Looking at the overnight models, as they stand, I would expect snow showers getting into our region later on Weds as the -10 850s approach with a favourable flow a little north of east.

Wednesday for snow in se? What happened to the cold and snow showers we were due today, Monday and Tuesday? Seems that despite all the hype we are left with what is normal winter weather ! Checked out Ian fergusons tweets last night and he mentioned that meto were not calling any "super cold"weather ATM.

Posted

Look foward to Steve Murr reporting on this thread, in my book he is top of the class and says it how it is.

When you read doubting posts on the Model forum I always look to see what Steve posts, majority of the posters, although with good intentions, don't really know whats going on.

Posted

i look for ward to Steves comments,if any one knows he will,come on Steve where are you when we need you :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Just been informed its hailing in Whitfield Dover

Posted

Thinking my radar is colour blind and only knows blue :cc_confused:

Posted

Well things are a bit exciting aren't they. Some advice I took long ago which is a bit obvious to some is to look at both the snow risk and precipitation charts. While I think there is quite a high risk of snow for the SE the problem is that the amount is for the next few days likely to be little more than an icing sugar covering at best. Monday midday to Tuesday evening I wouldn't be surprise to see a bit of snow but no snowball sized amounts as we are stuck between the atlantic battle ground to the west and the dry air which is coming largely from the continent. However Friday and Saturday things could well get more tasty as the wind swings North Easterly, the air will be damper and the land so much more chilly brrr, perfect for a SE snow battering in my opinion.

Having said this , we have been caught out before by convection events.

As a wise sage once said on this forum the best way of telling if it is going to snow is to look out the window, or better yet use the radar, or webcams from around the uk or europe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Got a 70% feeling we may miss out largely in the SE snow wise, and by the time late next week comes, the poxy Atlantic will make inroads and give a messy ending to a cold spell that has all but promised the world!

It's just the Met Office are sitting on the fence despite some incredible charts across the board on most occasions, but now as we enter the crucial period where the models give 80%+ confidence, it's wobbling, and that's why the MO have not come off the fence.

I hope my doom and gloom gets replaced with renewed optimism because all this chopping and changing in the models with lack of agreement etc, etc, is turning me grey!

The other 30% I am hoping fingers crossed we end up with a dusting tonight from the precipitation that is hitting Wales & SW, and then some flurries this week, and by Friday onwards we end up with all sorts of snowy scenarios as the models have clearly indicated. :nea:

Posted

a054.gif Should be interesting driving home tomorrow......

post-6667-0-09967700-1327831490_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-60631600-1327831492_thumb.pn

I hope my doom and gloom gets replaced with renewed optimism

So do I!!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Very foggy this morning.

Posted

Anyone fancy some light reading this week? :rofl:

385121-L.jpg

post-6667-0-41813700-1327832943_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-85148300-1327832946_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-47296200-1327832951_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-87697100-1327832954_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-54294100-1327832958_thumb.pn