Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

temp 5 down to 4 now sleeting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I hope East London gets some snow, even though according to 'Will it snow?' on here it's 0% on all days :(

I wouldn't worry about that, the models never normally forecast convective showers well in these types of set ups. I would put good money on East London seeing at least a dusting by Wednesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

The real cold isn't forecast to hit until Tuesday / Wednesday so 4 -5 degrees today is expected. It looks like it will be a degree or 2 cooler each day as the week progresses but beyond Wednesday is where the uncertainty starts at the moment.

Posted

Morning all

Concentrating on what appears likely for the next few days I think we can say with reasonable confidence that it is going to turn pretty cold. Winds might, however, be quite light and more south-east than east, which is less likely to produce the showers from instability that a direct east or north east feed could produce from the north sea. So at the moment things are looking fairly dry. Night times could be very cold as this set up develops. However, it's important I think to keep in mind that for those looking for snow prospects from the east, the thing to watch for is the cold air getting in situ, and then watching for small developments of wind direction, and other disruptions, that can change things quite dramatically in terms of snow potential. An alternative is for the Atlantic to push in and produce battleground snow, depending on the angle of approach, but this can be risky as a push too far east can mean a snow to rain scenario. If the cold then pushes back, that rain can of course turn back to snow.

Lots to watch, but (if this makes sense) not much to see yet!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Those charts look far to on the fence for me and I'm far to close to the border of the pink stuff.

Posted

Yeah

Not expecting too much in the way of Precip this week for our locations it must be said. I am pretty much as far South East in Essex as you can get but still reckon anything that falls upto Wednesday will be the wintry shower mix of sleet, graupel etc etc and would be a struggle to get anything to settle (Unless there is a hefty Hail shower etc) With a slack continental flow and SE Or ESE Winds as others have pointed out not really condusive to firing up those towering Cb clouds.

Personally areas of Central Kent running across to the far SE Parts of Surrey and the extreme east kent and sussex coasts could do quite well with onshore winds helping anything that does fall to stick about a bit. Problem for my part of the world in an ESE Are the much warmer mixing ratios that go on with the breeze having to come from that angle as opposed to an ENE Or NEasterly.

Here's hoping it changes a bit and the flow becomes stronger on the models.

Although from Wednesday onwards is the time period that gets pretty interesting for our region!

Posted

ENE winds are best for our location as this could set up the classic Thames Estuary streamer, still a lot of model watching needed as nothing is certain after T72 and that's Wednesday, here's hoping :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Apologies if the attached chart has already been posted but I will draw your attention to my post over the CSE thread. :good:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72364-south-central-england-regional-discussion-thread/page__view__findpost__p__2228614

Best Wishes

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I would be happy with a dusting at the moment,still very confused as what is going to happen in Essex :cc_confused:

Posted

Mmm well looking at the more recent charts, Monday midday looks like a possibility of a bit of light white stuff in my location in the far east of Kent. In fact it could occur any time of the day , it just won't add up to anything significant. Saturday / Sunday next week then seems to be the best chance of a more sustained snowy session. However the thick white stuff isn't far away to the east or conversely to the west..

Posted

Apologies if the attached chart has already been posted but I will draw your attention to my post over the CSE thread. :good:

http://forum.netweat...ost__p__2228614

Best Wishes

gottolovethisweather

Yh thats the occlusion that i mentioned on the Model Thread last night, apparantly not much on it and fragmenting all the time so little snow expected unless this has changed overnight ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Best Wishes

gottolovethisweather

I had to go and check the Met Office site to work out what the symbols meant but am now guess you are talking about the weakening occluded front spanning across East Anglia and the SE (the line with the triangles and semi circles on it with plus signs in between.)

If I am reading all of it correctly then we have the 528 damn line ahead of it (to the West) so what we should get is snow shower activity from midnight Tuesday into Wednesday in our area however it will be dying out as time progresses.

Posted

Best Wishes

gottolovethisweather

just watched the countryfile forecast

they showed the chart for saturday

which looked to me have the block even

further west

i think we could get some wintry showers up

to wednesday

from wednesday on is when it should get interesting.

again though stating the obvious

snow fall is very hard to predict :cold:

Edited by john pike

Posted

just watched the countryfile forecast

they showed the chart for saturday

which looked to me have the block even

further west

i think we could get some wintry showers up

to wednesday

from wednesday on is when it should get interesting.

again though stating the obvious

snow fall is very hard to predict :cold:

That's a very poor poem, I have to say!

AS

Posted

Looking for Bftp or mr s murr to bring some calm and hope to this thread - hoping they will give some snow prospect info this week / hint

Anyway in the meantime I have stocked the cupboards and got my gloves at the ready !

Hoping to need a snow shovel too this week not just the de-icer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

cloudy dull cold

temps 2.2c

dew point 2c

humidity 97%

cant see it get to 5c today as forcast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

We are still in a "jam tomorrow" situation. We keep hearing of mind numbing temperatures and deluges of snow...but what do have ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,5c temp 2c DP fog and drizzle. The Met offiice have mentioned a mainly dry week, a few coastal wintry showers with a potential return to milder weather next weekend. This is not record breaking cold and huge dumps of snow. As far as I'm aware no councils have been forewarned of Heavy Snow in our area either.

GFS/ECM & UKMO throw out loads of eye candy but its always at T144 to T384. Yes its colder than last week, yes it might Snow in the SE but not till the temps and DP's drop and as for T850HP of -20C ...well it might be a record ...but then again it shows how rare an event it could be, so I think we should put some perspective into the sensationalism thats been written in some parts of this site, lower our expectations to a realistic level ( Some snow and marginal temeperatures as ususal ) and hope for the best.

Maybe then I can get some sleep and stop rushing to my IPAD every 6 hours for my latest Fix of model hysteria..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

3.5 here in Biggin Hill.....would so like a bit of the white stuff; love the frenzy it brings to the forum too :winky: