Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

thanks for that purplepixii haha as i live in the same place i know the temp and dewpoint now :-)

Lol no worries, although Fareham is a fairly large place - I'm nearer the M27 than Gosport :)

Posted

Whats everyones temperature and Dew point at the moment? Would be good to have a general Idea of what locations are coldest right now :clapping:

Currently here in Havant:

Temp: -2.4c DP: -11.5c

SM

Posted

-2c here now and dropping fast! this time yesterday was above freezing so I reckon maybe

could drop to -5c here wow that would be a new record!

I really think that it will be game on for us.

We have very cold DENSE air pushing West at the same time saturated mild air pushing East. There is only really one way that this will go, The Atlantic push is going to go up over the top of the cold, this will happen overnight. The result of this will be a snowfest for all, including coastal districts. Including here, in Southampton, where all too often we miss out because of our wierd microclimate, a 1/2 inch here means that just a few miles in any direction there will be a couple of feet. But not this time, we will be joining in with the fun.

Edited by Greybird

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

I really need a weather station! Nearest station is a couple of miles away from me and a little more rural. But the readings are:

Temp -3.1c

DP -9c

Humidity 62%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards of Dry Powdery Snow

Here's hoping that we will finally get some snow here in Ferndown. Almost always misses out on any snow event; usually rain. Has anyone got any further details on the Westward extent of the snow?

Posted

So currently it's

Temp -2.8°C

DP -14.2°C yes that's -14.2°C :clapping:

Rh 41%

That air is really dry, at one time earlier we hit 20%!!

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

So how much snow are we going to get over the weekend here in Portsmouth, could it be the same as a few January's ago :good:

twitter.com/jumblgram

I think Portsmouth will be okay with this event, will take a look at the next few model runs before I poke my neck out :80:

And thanks for everyones temperature updates! My DP is insanely low actually, currently reading -12.4c :fool:

SM

Edited by SnowMania

Posted

-1c and -8.3dp at Newport IOW

Fingers crossed for Saturday night, allays a bit sceptical about a predicted snowfest for the Island but have been proven wrong the last couple of years.

Posted

So we are all going to be snowed in for weeks and weeks and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks on end. Have we all stocked up on salt, bread, milk, tinned food, candles, matches etc etc etc ... ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Here's hoping that we will finally get some snow here in Ferndown. Almost always misses out on any snow event; usually rain. Has anyone got any further details on the Westward extent of the snow?

Hi Agenda109.

Welcome aborad and can you please in your profile location as this will help if you are about when we track the snow.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Hi Agenda109.

Welcome aboard and can you please in your profile location as this will help if you are about when we track the snow.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Does Guildford come under central southern? If so do you think the band pushing down sat night will affect us thanks....

Likewise.

Welcome aboard and can you please in your profile location as this will help if you are about when we track the snow.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

So how much snow are we going to get over the weekend here in Portsmouth, could it be the same as a few January's ago :good:

twitter.com/jumblgram

Likewise

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

So what depths will we see potentially in

Newbury

Reading

Guildford

Poole

Portsmouth

Any thoughts?

Poole =rain probably! We never get snow down here. It's almost like a once in a decade type of thing and we had it in 2010/2011. So another 10 years to wait lol.