Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Just got him to look and then when he said no I looked myself LOL. Nowt at the lamp post :( Sorry chaps. I would love to ramp it but nothing so far. Must be ruddy close though!

2.3c ~ 0.9 dew point

http://www.winchesterweather.org.uk/

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The southern base currently over northern France seems to be rotating further east if that pattern continues then I think we could capture something from this one well into the morning.

Posted

Just noticed that there is rain/snow spreading east. Doubt it will get to where I am but oddly the local forecast earlier said snow showers!

We did have some sleet at around 5 this afternoon.

Will probably fizzle out quite soon. But some will wake up with a layer of Snow in the morning. Temp here is currently 0c

Posted

Wow, I did not know that. Thanks SnowMania, I guess that explains a lot of the reports in this thread and other regionals. :good:

Our time will come and it may well yet be this morning.

Its strange how it happens because in might be snowing/raining in one place, and not the other! I see it happen every year and this is no exception!

I'll give the radar a few more runs before we all get too excited, again seen all this before get hyped up to only disappoint :fool:

Temp: 2.6c DP: -1.8c WIND: ENE 6mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

We best all buy one of these then!

http://ohbrothercomics.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/QPN20081222.jpg

Oh dear.

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Its strange how it happens because in might be snowing/raining in one place, and not the other! I see it happen every year and this is no exception!

I'll give the radar a few more runs before we all get too excited, again seen all this before get hyped up to only disappoint :fool:

Temp: 2.6c DP: -1.8c WIND: ENE 6mph

Mind you SM, I'm not worried at the overall trend in the forecasts though, hell no! :clapping:

One thing I would add is not to wish for TOO much progress EASTWARDS with this system, then the projected COULD end up far warmer. :wallbash:

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Mind you SM, I'm not worried at the overall trend in the forecasts though, hell no! :clapping:

One thing I would add is not to wish for TOO much progress EASTWARDS with this system, then the projected COULD end up far warmer. :wallbash:

gottolovethisweather

I don't think we need to worry about too much movement towards the East GTLTW... Its already grinding to a complete halt now and its fighting against a 1060mb High over Siberia! The cold air has only just started really advancing under the warm front in the last few hours so its also up against an increasing easterly so I shouldn't worry about the eastward trend! :good:

SM

Posted

He just farted on my feet so I kicked him out of bed. Looking out the window ... same ...

TMI :rofl:

I don't think we need to worry about too much movement towards the East GTLTW... Its already grinding to a complete halt now and its fighting against a 1060mb High over Siberia! The cold air has only just started really advancing under the warm front in the last few hours so its also up against an increasing easterly so I shouldn't worry about the eastward trend! :good:

SM

Good stuff.

Few flakes landing on cars in Oxford now.. Very slight snow.

More good stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Wow, certainly a lot further east than I expected. Sods law the one Monday morning I have a 9am start (it's usually 3pm!) is the morning after the night something interesting might happen. Oh well, off to bed I go. Goodnight everyone!

Posted

I should clear off to bed, but am amazed at that arm of snow heading east. Maybe only a light shower for most but I suspect there will be a lot of people waking up to it.

I have a radar watch fetish........................................lol

I have to be up early, still most people are used to me looking like I have never slept! :lazy:

Posted

IT'S SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWING ...

What did you say to me 2 days ago.......And I quote

"I will believe it when I see it" :rofl::good:

Posted

It ain't that heavy though. Just enough to tell its light under the lampost.

What did you say to me 2 days ago.......And I quote

"I will believe it when I see it" :rofl::good:

And now I believe it LOL.

SnowMania: Owt where you are yet?

Posted

Things are looking up.

upgrade.jpg

Soon time for bed.

gottolovethisweather