Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

seen my first snow since 2010 today albeit granules but its snow all the same.

How are things looking for Nottingam this weekend, we appear in the snow band but it appears the heavy stuff will be further west. Please stall over us saturday about time the City of Nottingham got a right dumping of snow, even in 2010 all though we had a covering the deeper/heavier stuff was always to the north or south of us

Posted

So far so good for most of us, let's hope the front stalls over Northamptonshire somewhere :acute:

As in the Peterborough side ;) xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm shocked that the western extent of the Sunday warning is that far west TBH(only 30 miles east of here).......looks like they have some data which suggests the possibility of this being much further west.

It does match up to what the GFS is currently predicting though...

gfs-2012020206-2-66.png?6

Posted

The Northamptonshire and Staffordshire snow shield gets turned on for Saturday...

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/weathercharts?LANG=en&DAY=3&MAPS=vn&CONT=ukuk&LAND=__&ZEIT=201202050600

:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It does match up to what the GFS is currently predicting though...

gfs-2012020206-2-66.png?6

Uh oh....RRRRRRRR (It's starting) RRRRRRR (can you feel the rumbling?) RRRRRRRRR (building up to a crescendo) RRRRRRR (Can't stop now!) RRRRAAAAAAAMMMMMP !!! ......and breathe out....aw.....feel much better for that! :w00t:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

If we see a flake ill be happy and amazed - its the way the winter goes here (mild ramble)...however on the flip side Im looking forward to building my peter crouch inspired snowman! 15cm's of deep cold, lovely snow. (ridicolously unlikely ramp)..

Posted

Just watched the BBC forecast on the news, and it showed snow showers in Birmingham for this afternoon, and what looked like loads on Saturday.

yet go on their website and there is now snow at all for today and 'light snow' for saturday.

Posted

Lets hope it still moves west as want snow in shropshire all day and no rain overwise going to be disappionted, make a nive snowman with my son then :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Meto have finally issued warnings. Quite widely! Even along NW coastlines. Prospects looking very good!

Posted

Getting a bit of stick from those Southern nancys in the South East thread *gets boxing gloves out* :aggressive:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Half the country must be on the METO site aarrrghh it wont load the warnings for me :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Getting a bit of stick from those Southern nancys in the South East thread *gets boxing gloves out* :aggressive:

don't worry, I'll sort 'em...lol

Posted

Half the country must be on the METO site aarrrghh it wont load the warnings for me :diablo:

I think the Hamsters are going into overdrive on their Servers. More Hamsters needed!