Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

With the experiences we've had here, I'm not too sure what to expect. It's fair to say I am a little over-excited, and I do hope we see at least a few centimetres here, I shall keep my fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

on this output yes you should see some snow..........worth baring in mind that there are signs of a trend westwards for the frontal system....this may continue, it may not.....but if it does, it's good news for the midlands, bad for the SE

Posted

With cov just being east of birmingham can we expect a good dumping??

Current output suggests yes

PS Ohhh I do love that word:

xJBdL.png

Edited by Macey

Posted

i think the current trend East midlands will do very well i think areas such as coventry bham west will be abit more marginal! but im praying for a decent dumping in cov!

For Coventry, it appears to be very marginal. But if the front stalls over the Midlands, we could be in for a dumping of snow.

20 miles here and there can make the difference. It appears that the model is shifting everything westwards for Saturday so it's a case of looking at the models to see what they're saying as we get into a more reliable timefreame.

Edited by fourseasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Latest BBC News Weather from just now, Still looking good from Birmingham Eastwards .

post-2826-0-17215000-1328202093_thumb.jp

Same graphic they have been using all day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GFS is good enough with snow pretty much all the way from a line of about Shrewsbury eastwards on Saturday evening. :D

Elevation around here should be fine imo. Right now id say the best spot is somewhere around Coventry to Leicester. Models still pushing things slighlt west each run though it seems. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Same graphic they have been using all day

Yeah , its a nightmare but were just going to have to wait until tomorrow night to have any idea where is going to be most at risk . The models can only guess what might happen until the front gets closer and it can model the extent of the Warm sector and the extent of the Block .. I am not rulling out something kicking off quite a bit further West as were all in -10 850's prier to the front approaching .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Looking great!

But then it has so often in the past few years, and often ammounted to nothing. I would go on the side of caution here, I want this to come off just as much of the rest of you but the number of times it has all came crashing down to a non event in under t24 hours far outweighs the amount of times it hasn't.

If the forecast is still this good late friday evening, I might be a bit more optimistic.

But heres hoping :good:

Posted

If everything is fine and dandy and the same tomorrow evening, that is when I get hyped up.

Especially as we can switch to the high-res models like the NMM and NAE then for greater accuracy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

If the weather's mission of delivering snow all goes to plan, and if everything does go a little further West, then a lot of us could have our snow shields broken, without the risk of them powering up again. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, a bit of advance warning...I'm going to open up a new thread shortly, so will be looking to close this one in say, 20 minutes :)