Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Still think it'l be mostly rain here if tonights chats verify, especially in a marginal situation from an IMBY perspective, it'l be 99% rain here. That radar thats showing PPN over the western midlands must be broken - its bone dry and has been all night. Dont take much notice of thoose showers from the east me thinks.

trust you to put a downer on the mood...lol......don't look at the chart, look at the trend! tonights GFS will not verify as shown, almost certainly the PPN will be further west...in fact just pray that it's not too far west...underestimate the strength of the block at your peril

Posted

SHOCK !

In my enthusiasm for plenty of snow action could this scupper the big, big game in the east midlands this week, Derby v Forest. Been looking forward to it all year, could have real problems on my hands

if theres 6 to 10inches of snow and the fun it brings, or going to the match ??? Thats if I could get to the game, or its even on ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

SHOCK !

In my enthusiasm for plenty of snow action could this scupper the big, big game in the east midlands this week, Derby v Forest. Been looking forward to it all year, could have real problems on my hands

if theres 6 to 10inches of snow and the fun it brings, or going to the match ??? Thats if I could get to the game, or its even on ???

when is it? snow looks like arriving sat at 6pm, most matches at 3pm, so should be okay

Posted

kick off sunday 1.00pm, snow could arrive midnight Sat through to Sunday morning.

could be on pitch clearing duty, or stop at home enjoy the snow, have a break to watch it on sky, ha ha.

no what am I saying, must get to the game.

Posted

Models look a little better this evening. Sat night event well worth watching, definitely some potential there.

Yes very much so, typically quite a few parts of the Midlands do well in these battleground set-ups. Will remain to be seen here how it all evolves but the models have somewhat moved away from the snow-rain solution and now are more and more moving towards it staying as snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

dunno, meto seem to be going for light rain, were going for sleet earlier

Where are you sourcing from Mark?.......please don;t tell me from the graphic on the meto west midlands forecast?....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

So what are the chances of snow in the midlands sat night?? Are we going to see snow?? If so would cov get anything decent??

Only time Coventry looks decent is under a cover of snow...... about 30 ft of it. :rofl:

Posted

Morning! What a shame we don't have a stronger easterly flow right now. The wind direction for those showers over the wash would be perfect for us!

Posted

Looks to be a Wash Streamer currently going straight for the East Midlands http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Going in the wrong direction for us macey. those showers need to coming in at a South-West-South direction. at the mo, they are going in a South-West-West direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

The bbc 24hour forecast got snow shower at 9am and lite snow from 12pm today for brum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Slight shift west on 00Z model, E midlands still favoured spot, but bbc seemed to have the whole front as snow, but lasting longer as it slows down over the east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Is it Snowing in Leicester ?> Any settled Snow ?

It's just clouded over and there are flurries falling again, there is a very very fine dusting here from the odd shower overnight but it's a very sparse dusting.

Posted

It's just clouded over and there are flurries falling again, there is a very very fine dusting here from the odd shower overnight but it's a very sparse dusting.

Ok not sure whats happening , all the PPN that was over the area as 7am seems to have died back well East of Leicester.. Hope this won't be the end of it ..

Posted

Morning!

Well here we are again in the morning looking out of the window to a very green scene staring back at us!

No snowflakes at all here and the high is sinking now, that's what's killing off the showers in the wash.

Well, next stop saturday I suppose?

Did you guys get anything?

Posted

Slight shift west on 00Z model, E midlands still favoured spot, but bbc seemed to have the whole front as snow, but lasting longer as it slows down over the east

Actually trend has been eastwards slightly on the 00z models both the ECM/UKMO have shifted eastwards, GFS is about where it was yesterday.

It doesn't make a huge amount of difference though to amounts, the front may slow down over the east but it'll be stronger in the west so any loss in time of snow will be made up for stronger intensity.

Still plenty of time for things to change, a ciuple of the GFS ensembles for example barely have it past W.Midlands.

Posted

First flakes of the winter in Chilwell - 09.51. Clouded over, then very light flurry. At last! Maybe the weekend holds some real promise, although the Nottingham snow barrier will doubtless be raised...

Posted

With the front moving further west on the latest runs, what are the chances of West of Birmingham seeing anything this weekend? I'm in Stourbridge along with a few other regular posters such as blizzards?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Bright blue sky's here.....however small flakes falling from the sky!! I am so undecided about sat/sun....I think I will be looking a few miles to the east (leicester) with heavy snow falling...then looking back west a few miles (Lichfield) with rain falling.....and I will be getting a mix of rainy/snow the worst scenario!! But If I think like that and get snow then bonus!! What do other east/west midlanders think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

I know it's still early days, but does anyone think Northamptonshire stands a chance of some decent snowfall this weekend?

Posted

Due to the mrs thinking she is doing me a favour for my birthday, I now have to spend the weekend in some stupid little backstreet hotel in Torquay. I could Screemmmmmm