Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 6

Posted

post-12648-0-65044900-1328300807_thumb.j

Okay..Am I right in saying this is the PPN falling out the sky...SO if this is correct..That's a bit more than 10cm for London area...

This would back in the old thread that guy saying upto 30CM ??

That middle precip chart, that purple blob is right over my head ..lol.. hmmmm East Mids coming out on top? :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

This time tomorrow we will all be very very excited, like kids in a candy store!

I'm excited already:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Based on what I have seen so far this evening, here is my second punt. This is as clear as I can make it.

post-15503-0-83927400-1328301361_thumb.j

Oh yes i like your one. :clapping:

Posted

If anywhere gets 20cm I'll eat my bobble hat!

5-10cm as an average. 10-12cm in Jackpot zone is my prediction.

Posted

Yes...1mm of rain = 1CM of rain APPROX! depending on conditions! I think this snow in the first 30 mins it will be light (of course) then as the heavier PPN pushes over I expect some HUGE! snow flakes to fall for about 10 mins..then the heaver snow for a while..

Interesting point you bring up there

I would actually be surprised at seeing big flakes to begin with until things become a bit more marginal (ie the snow becomes a bit wetter). The snowfall running into the dry air we have across us is likely to give some very powdery falls - particularly the further N and E you head

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

If anywhere gets 20cm I'll eat my bobble hat!

5-10cm as an average. 10-12cm in Jackpot zone is my prediction.

The front will take time to fizzle into nothingness. I'm taking total rainfall which is upwards of 17mm in some places and transferring them to snow which to my calculation will be around 19cm, but yes as a general consensus I would say 10-12 falling anywhere.

Posted

post-12648-0-65044900-1328300807_thumb.j

Okay..Am I right in saying this is the PPN falling out the sky...SO if this is correct..That's a bit more than 10cm for London area...

This would back in the old thread that guy saying upto 30CM ??

surely if anything it would weaken heading south east, this is showing it intensifying?

Interesting point you bring up there

I would actually be surprised at seeing big flakes to begin with until things become a bit more marginal (ie the snow becomes a bit wetter). The snowfall running into the dry air we have across us is likely to give some very powdery falls - particularly the further N and E you head

SK

My point...Due to the moisture where the Mild air is closet to the cold air..I think this is where it will happen..Only ever seen it once..I have never seen snow flakes so big, think it was 2010? Where as in the east..It will be dry snow as you say...It sticks better too..

Posted

Based on what I have seen so far this evening, here is my second punt. This is as clear as I can make it.

post-15503-0-83927400-1328301361_thumb.j

Il bank that please lol, looks good enough to me, I do think the metoffice just saying 5/10cms is understating the fact that not everyones at the same height etc, so wouldnt be suprised if those with height in the most favoured areas get 20cms.

Posted

So do I ...Got my "misses" sleeping over mine tomorrow night..GOD HELP ME if she gets all assy with me lamp post checking ;)

I made my girlfriend understand my obsessions with the weather and any involvement of her trying to distract me lamp post watching will result in pure ignorance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

So, how do you all lampost watch?

Do you sit at the window staring at the lampost? Or do you get up and look out of the window every 5-10 minutes?

I made my girlfriend understand my obsessions with the weather and any involvement of her trying to distract me lamp post watching will result in pure ignorance.

Well I have explained to her that it is my hobby and that went all tits up LOL she called me wired and not normal...LOL

Do you sit at the window staring at the lampost? Or do you get up and look out of the window every 5-10 minutes?

I would say... every 10 mins...BUT if it is really coming down 2-5 mins.. ;) till I pass out..

Posted

If it's snowing I generally sit there for a good hour like a dog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So do I ...Got my "misses" sleeping over mine tomorrow night..GOD HELP ME if she gets all assy with me lamp post checking ;)

If I was her I'd be lamp post wathing as well. Assuming she's not like me I would get you to make it up to me in the morning :winky: (actually that is like me!).

Edited by Lauren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Well I have torch now as I don't have a near enough lampost! But it doesn't look like I'll be doing any tonight.

Posted

The front will take time to fizzle into nothingness. I'm taking total rainfall which is upwards of 17mm in some places and transferring them to snow which to my calculation will be around 19cm, but yes as a general consensus I would say 10-12 falling anywhere.

Fair enough mate. Think the front will be weaker than currently predicted though, by the time it reaches us. Which is usually the case when it comes to Atlantic fronts, nudging a cold block. I'll take 5cm if offered now though. Baring in mind how awful this winter has been so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

I'm a five minute looker. Hoping for a surprise if i give it five mins....

Posted

Well I have explained to her that it is my hobby and that went all tits up LOL she called me wired and not normal...LOL

You aren't twisted mate. You're the same age as me near enough and people say I'm like an old man being interested in the weather. Well no...It's not, it's because I always have been interested in it, I used to sit there and watch the rain fall down when I was 3 years old, I used to sit out in the rain under an umbrella watching the roads fill up with water. I still measure the snow depth every hour and get excited when it reached -5C, it's not an obsession really, it's like a passion, everyone has a passion, some weirder than others, this isn't weird, this is an interest and I'm glad I am unique compared to anyone else, don't listen to your girlfriend, whether or not shes joking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

normally i am up and down like a strippers knickers,but if its snowing i will stand and watch for as long as it takes sometimes i will even go out in the street ( neighbours think im strange as i have even been known to let the kids run up the street at 10 at night in there PJS ) lol