Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

So, how do you all lampost watch?

Do you sit at the window staring at the lampost? Or do you get up and look out of the window every 5-10 minutes?

leave the curtain open enought to see the lamp post sit and wait lol

Posted

Ok.. hands up who will be doing this... goto bed tonight... but sleep in tomorrow morning as long as possible, so you can stay up as long as possible watching the snow fall.. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Do you sit at the window staring at the lampost? Or do you get up and look out of the window every 5-10 minutes?

Welll if im at home i security light watch every 10 mins with a fag and a voddy by the back door,if im around my fellas i just watch all the time until i burn my legs on his radiator

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Ok.. hands up who will be doing this... goto bed tonight... but sleep in tomorrow morning as long as possible, so you can stay up as long as possible watching the snow fall.. :good:

got work tomorrow so no lay in for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Ha Ha thats exactly what my sister said to me 1 hour ago on the phone :acute:

Not sure what tp post other than have been an avid reader of the posts for last 2/3 years am addicted to the weather, particularly snow, Keep beig told I should have been a weather forecaster! Just hoing this snow event finally turns up so can go out on the sledge! I'll be lamp ost watching tomorrow night with my vodka!

Posted

Hey Danny - I look out the window every so often...the ratio of looks per hour goes up as radar echoes get closer :rofl:

Oh and it is snowing here! Now much but snow all the same

Edit: Stopped already

Edited by snowgirlkent

Guest QuantumSnow

Every few minutes, depending on the intensity of the precip. No lamp post so it's a torch job, but once it's switched off the 'is it snowing harder yet?' question gnaws at my mind until I HAVE to turn it on again. I even keep the torch next to my bed for those late night 'just checking' moments.

So all totally normal really :crazy: :lol:

Edited by QuantumSnow

Posted

Any ideas on timing for Saturday's main event ?

My wife is working at E Surrey Hospital until 19:30 and I'd like to make it home to Caterham without too much drama !!!

Then the fun can begin.... :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

My point...Due to the moisture where the Mild air is closet to the cold air..I think this is where it will happen..Only ever seen it once..I have never seen snow flakes so big, think it was 2010? Where as in the east..It will be dry snow as you say...It sticks better too..

i have seen massive flakes once, a few years ago, i went food shopping at Tesco in Pembury, in Tunbridge Wells, i was walking back to the car and something hit me on the head, then all hell broke loose for about 5 mins as huge wet snow flakes(clumps) fell you could actually hear them hit the ground with a thud lol, never seen it since!

Posted

Any ideas on timing for Saturday's main event ?

My wife is working at E Surrey Hospital until 19:30 and I'd like to make it home to Caterham without too much drama !!!

Then the fun can begin.... :rofl:

possibly flurries around that time.. wont know till we see radar in morning then we be guessing by that.. id say 8:30pm at mo

Posted

[Not me gotta be early to get to Wembley for Olympics Volunteer Orientation training, what's the betting I get stuck trying to get home.]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

possibly flurries around that time.. wont know till we see radar in morning then we be guessing by that.. id say 8:30pm at mo

I'll say 7:38pm.

Posted

normally i am up and down like a strippers knickers,but if its snowing i will stand and watch for as long as it takes sometimes i will even go out in the street ( neighbours think im strange as i have even been known to let the kids run up the street at 10 at night in there PJS ) lol

What, like this you mean?

post-11069-0-91093200-1328303754_thumb.j

Posted

I'll say 7:38pm.

yeah im just going by met graphics at mo... whats the betting the radar fails with all the watching? or severe lag!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

i have a lampost right outside my flat, as its only 1 bedroom, when my son stays over we sleep in the frontroom, and during 2010's event i made my wife and son sleep with the curtains open just so if i woke up during the night i could see if it was snowing!!! thats how hardcore i am, i make others suffer so i can watch the snow! lol :rofl:

Okay That's it time to come out of the closet and stop lurking , as i have discovered many kindred "lampost watchers " like myself are out and proud. Complete novice really when it comes to weather but every winter i find myself lurking on this site as i know there is a lot of clever weather types here. In East Kent and peeking through my blind'd every 5 min's or so, nowt yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

BECMG 0418/0421 4000 -SN BKN010 TEMPO 0420/0424 1200 SN BKN005 PROB30 0422/0424 0500 +SN VV///

Not bad then, I'd take that... PROB30 haha!

Posted

Just thought id pop in here to say how ive noticed the bbc website has upgraded londons snow potential, now upto light snow at 6pm followed by 9hours of heavy snow before back to light snow for 3 hours. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743 there was about two snow symbols earlier on.

Thought id mention i dont trust them btw. but you never know

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Every half hour I'll go outside and check how deep it's getting, haven't really got a lampost outside my windows, the nearest one is at a funny angle.