Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 6

Posted

I know this is late for this fast running thread, but I have to open one of my windows to confirm for sure it's snow - and not all the smears and dirt from our Windows :lol:

I pretend I'm not looking, and have the garden security light on to make sure the dog isn't doing anything amiss in the garden... he's not that keen to keep going out... so then I have to pretend I forgot to turn off the light(!)

Posted

Am i the only one with about 20 different tabs open on this lap top and they are all weather related ??

oh dear :doh:

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

wchris_uk, on 03 February 2012 - 18:33 , said:

temp 0.7

dew -4.3

hum 69%

temp 1.2

dew -3.9

hum 69%

temp 1.7

dew -3.8

hum 67%

temp 1.9

dew -3.6

hum 67%

temp 1.2

dew -1.9

hum 81%

Posted

Am i the only one with about 20 different tabs open on this lap top and they are all weather related ??

Not just you, I have a fair few open :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Kaddy pretty much just said we could see up to 12 hours of snowfall producing 5-10cm of snow.

Posted

I pretend I'm not looking, and have the garden security light on to make sure the dog isn't doing anything amiss in the garden... he's not that keen to keep going out... so then I have to pretend I forgot to turn off the light(!)

Love it! Gotta love lamp post watching for snow - something I discovered when I was 9 years old (January 1987) And again in Feb 1991 and since then every time snow is forecast in night time hours :D

Looking forward to chatting/bantering with you tomorrow evening - here's to some decent snowfall in our region :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Right im off to bed got work tomorrow then no doubt will be up most of sat night hopefully watching snow fall past the lampost.Night all see you all tomorrow night ready for fun and frolics with lots of snow :drinks:

Posted

Anyone remember Jan 1987? Got sent home from work early, parked the car and didn't move it for a week! Tried to walk up Titsey Hill from Oxted with the intent of poly bagging down the North Downs, but only got as far as the M25 and was in thigh deep drifts. Tatsfield, near Biggin Hill was cut off, the pub ran out of beer and a pregnant woman had to be airlifted to hospital. There was a photo of the bus stop on the ridge totally covered with only the top of the sign sticking out. Drifts must have been 8ft at least!

Yep, was only 8 then, dad has it on video from when he was working on the Isle of Sheppey doing car transporting, not seen the video for sometime but can remember some very deep drifts!!! Must dig the video out and get it on YouTube! :)

Posted

Not the only one hun! By far! :)

Posted

Yep, was only 8 then, dad has it on video from when he was working on the Isle of Sheppey doing car transporting, not seen the video for sometime but can remember some very deep drifts!!! Must dig the video out and get it on YouTube! :)

Please do, would love to see it, memory is fading!

Posted

No. I'm the same. Thankfully, Mrs Loafer is as obsessed as me. We're known as Mr & Mrs McCaskill by our friends when the snow comes...mind you, they always ask our advice!

Posted

No Lamp-Posts down my little Street but 2 Pictures from 2nd December 2010! 37cm Level Snow (Thats over 1 Foot in old Money) and my poor fish pond buried somewhere under it all and yes the fish survived!

post-24-0-93409300-1328308576_thumb.jpg - Its under there somewhere

post-24-0-29937800-1328308707_thumb.jpg - Ruler Test

Lets hope for some of the below Charts - Last time was Dec17th 2009

post-24-0-84887100-1328307875_thumb.gif

Posted

Still predicted to be 2-4 inches on the forecast. Hardly worth the excitement. I guess it will be very light in general

I think because this winter has been so mild, everyone is just pleased we might get snow!