Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Cold Spell Part 2

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

It's certainly developed a unique species up there now then!! :lol:

Aye, and we're multiplying.

I personally think that any cold that is still around will still skirt past us, and we will get only fleeting glances, but I am no expert.

In other news... A pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox. Police are trying to determine whether it was a hostile act or a takeover bid.... :rofl:

Six of one or half a dozen of the other perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Still cold enough this morning for the powder to stick to things other than sinuses

Great photos. :good:

My grandparents on my dad's side retired to cromarty - wee/old fishermans cottage near the sea; spent many days there with cousins etc exploring the suters, catching crabs with a lead weight in the harbour....

Secret Seven/Famous five stuff and all that! :D

Posted

Looks increasingly like 'summer' is going to be short lived. Don't get the BBQ out quite yet.

t850Aberdeenshire.png

Posted

Not got the rain yet but it's warm & windy alrighty. The 2 day winter is but a dwindling memory already.

Edit: a red text band proclaims Cold Snap Underway below my post. Should I check something here :huh: ?

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

It's 5.5c here blawing a gale and pelting doon! Miserable, horrid day so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

5.2c and rain! Got up this morning to the boiler flashing red lights all over the place and the house is freezing. Someone must have picked up that it was going to be mild this week and turned the thermostat down. HELP!!!!

Posted

morning all. yep, breezy here too and the wind is still very cold. Snow patches left where there was shade from yesterdays sun. But I expect they will all be gone by lunchtime - except perhaps for the snowman we built (that took a lot of scavenging just to get enough snow!).

So today and tomorrow Spring - Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday Summer - Friday a bit of an indian Summer, and the Weekend back to Autumn. And as SS showed, winter again next week. Hope my Mrs is not reading this. She'll have me up and do to the attic every day to put away winter clothes, get out the summer clothes, put away summer clothes, get back out the winter clothes. sheesh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Looking good again this morning for the end of Feb start of Mar E/NE spell would still be snowy even this late in winter!!

Indeed. 06z keeping the interest going I see. Long way to go, but at least there is something rather than bland model watching until, as usual, a certain part of the female anatomy goes verical! :rolleyes: I did read somewhere that eastern USA, as snowstarved as us this year, is expecting their winter to go out with a serious bang. Perhaps we will cop some of that come beginning of March!

Posted

Indeed. 06z keeping the interest going I see. Long way to go, but at least there is something rather than bland model watching ....

This mornings 00Z ECM ensembles showing a clear general downward trend from T120 onwards:

ensemble-tt6-london.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Blowin' a hoolie here too - 28-39mph at present, acc'g to XC, and forecast to 49mph gusts later on. Bah.

Honestly, how is a girl supposed to quit smoking tomorrow if there's no fresh crisp frosty air to go out and fill my poor little abused lungs with, hmm? I need a COLD SNAP!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

8.3 here and aqually drizzle but feels nothing like 8.3.... i was a bit cauld on my lunchtime wander around the deserted empty retail unit experience that is Perth City Centre

Posted

well, up to 12C here, a wee difference from yesterday and the day before. not been home yet but I think safe to say the snowman has had it.

The winds blowing in from the south west so quite looking froward to seeing how high we can go - particularly here we can see some warm temps in these set-ups. I suspect higher than forecast, and that is already quite high at 15C!!

The week looks set to be dry here so both these combined then I am quite happy with the prospects for this week.

That said I am still keeping a close watch on the longer term models and hope to see some cold interest in to early march.

Posted

Got up to 11C this afternoon and it felt it too as I was sheltered from the wind. Very very little snow left apart from above 600m - astonishing overnight transormation. I saw someone in the model thread getting pounded hounded for saying the weekend's cold was a 'bling blink and miss it' event but I was tempted to leap to his/her defence - this is what happens when the years start to zip past.

Posted

5.2c and rain! Got up this morning to the boiler flashing red lights all over the place and the house is freezing. Someone must have picked up that it was going to be mild this week and turned the thermostat down. HELP!!!!

A spot of superglue would be a short-term fix for that bit of bother.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Blitzen - i think its a sign. Our boiler went caput last night too!! Bloomin frozen last night - went to bed with two duvets any my dressing gown on!! lol

Can't get the plumber to come and look at boiler till tmrw - so sitting with my jumper and fleece on!! Glad its to be mild this week

Posted

Currently 8.2C after a max of 12.8C (mildest since Boxing Day). Dry earlier but now drizzling away.

Posted

Still wet, still windy, and still gash! 9C and horrible

gash is a great word, isn't it!? I am going to endeavour to use it where possible tomorrow. Drizzly and gash here now, 9C.

Models still showing some signs of cold potential, but all over the place so from what i can fathom showing signs of whatever you want to see!

It is most likely there will be some cold shot in March and April - just because there usually is! Although the easterly down south was not great for us up here the models in advance were dire for a while with no hint of it - though some would argue the signals were there. So longer term outlook not necessarily showing anything specific cold-wise to get excited about yet, but still we have time on our side.

I may have to retract my comments about looking forward to this mild week - partiualrly if it is often drizzly. But it seems the forecast, particularly for further east, is to be dry after today. hope so.

Posted

Still wet, still windy, and still gash! 9C and horrible

You should try the Black Isle some time (not just the 'Wildlife Park' [sic]) - mild and dry this evening. Was out inspecting fuel supplies, general state of garden when I got home - jolly pleasant.

Are we now supposed to be praying for Yellowstone supervolcano to erupt so we can get a few decent winters? I suppose it might take their minds off bombing the crap out of the next middle east country not to toe the line...

Posted

You should try the Black Isle some time (not just the 'Wildlife Park' [sic]) - mild and dry this evening. Was out inspecting fuel supplies, general state of garden when I got home - jolly pleasant.

Are we now supposed to be praying for Yellowstone supervolcano to erupt so we can get a few decent winters? I suppose it might take their minds off bombing the crap out of the next middle east country not to toe the line...

Will make a point of exploring a little more next time we are up. I think a a few nights and a pub are in order.

Posted

GASH! PISH! WET! 9C and strong winds.

Same here *sigh*