Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Looking very likely that the low will develop later on this evening according to the NAE with the Isle of Wight being under the centre.

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Might head inland tomorrow to find some more snow.

Posted

Frustrated by these non events :(

Don't worry Liam, one day it will be a BIG event and it is usually a more unexpected one. It is the marginal event here that bring the biggest snowfall. Sadly they can disappear just a quickly but sometimes we get lucky. Patience is the only word to describe it and Nil desperandum. :80:

Posted

I think the problem is we are all snow nuts BECAUSE we live in the snow desert!

:fool: Got it in one SOTONSNOW. :rofl: I take it you didn't get any then? My twin brother lives in Soton so at least I wont get a taunting phonecall tomorrow!. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

:fool: Got it in one SOTONSNOW. :rofl: I take it you didn't get any then? My twin brother lives in Soton so at least I wont get a taunting phonecall tomorrow!. :p

YET! ;)

Posted

Still drizzle in Southampton, it hasn't even been sleet/snow at any point and it's not even heavy rain....just boring and depressing ''light drizzle''.

Temperatures are now rising again too, so I'd guess that's it for us.

Anyone shed any lights on what we can expect next week? Haven't been following the models today so I wouldn't know where to start/what is coming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Looking very likely that the low will develop later on this evening according to the NAE with the Isle of Wight being under the centre.

SM

Sorry being thick but wot does that mean for us? Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Still wet sleet and just watched news with all the snow we will still have the lethal ice to deal with I expect

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Still 0.3c AT, -0.2c DP with a rapidly falling barometer reading of 1024.3hpa in Newbury, Berkshire.

Most of the frontal stuff, bar the poor ole coast is SNOW and with a couple of hours left I think the worst most folk well inland will get now is SLEET.

There appears to be showers following up behind the frontal band too.

Still all to play for but even here it could turn sleety but thankfully won't affect the snowcover.

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

We had rain, then wet snow which isn't sticking around due to the already wet ground. Temp now down to 1.5c, windchill -0.4, pressure 1069.9 and dew point 0.0c. All in all a wet non-event :(

Posted

Now, now GTL. remember your manners. :acute: LOL. and goodnight from me. And here is hoping for a :cold: new week.

:oops: yes, yet! It could still happen. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow
Posted · Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 4, 2012 - Possibly but you don't need to ignore the professionals
Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 4, 2012 - Possibly but you don't need to ignore the professionals

Winters over for us :-( mild temps beginning of the week.i can see that carrying on myself.a downgrade on the charts will happen.it usually does. Very disappointed

Posted

What's that based on? All i'm reading is that we're back in the freezer next week, all the charts show a prolonged easterly attack, followed by a northerly. There is nothing in the models to suggest winter is anywhere near being over.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Well, I must say it SHOULD be clearing most of our region in the next few hours and the MetO forecasted this very well IMO.

The downside was that it NEVER stalled as we hoped and the offshore winds down the coast have spoilt things thus far.

As others have said, plenty of weather to come for our region throughout February and it could well be a case of LOOKING EAST once again.

BTW I am not writing this off just yet as some surprise SNOW is still likely but where it has layed it will stay and where it hasn't that is most probably it for now.

Good luck all and well done to those that were lucky.

gottolovethisweather

Posted

So does anyone know in Hampshire where rain becomes snow? Winchester across to Romsey maybe? I am 5 miles north of Winchester and its still snow, about 3 cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

We had rain, then wet snow which isn't sticking around due to the already wet ground. Temp now down to 1.5c, windchill -0.4, pressure 1069.9 and dew point 0.0c. All in all a wet non-event :(

I think that pressure reading might be a bit off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW
Posted · Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 4, 2012 - Removed original post. I'm not saying you are wrong, but proper weather model analysis suggest otherwise.
Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 4, 2012 - Removed original post. I'm not saying you are wrong, but proper weather model analysis suggest otherwise.

Winters over for us :-( mild temps beginning of the week.i can see that carrying on myself.a downgrade on the charts will happen.it usually does. Very disappointed

I feel your pain! V v disappointing!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

What's that based on? All i'm reading is that we're back in the freezer next week, all the charts show a prolonged easterly attack, followed by a northerly. There is nothing in the models to suggest winter is anywhere near being over.

I get where your coming from mate.but that Model output always are chasing another day.its frustrating.i do hope you are right mate.but with England getting hammered with snow we are getting the sand bags out to stop the floods caused by heavy rain :-(

Posted

:oops: yes, yet! It could still happen. :drinks:

not this side of midnight tuesday!!!

snow easing off now , not looking like much more tonight, unless the ilusive lp being mentioned appears!!!

still got around the 4cms migh tbe thawing alittle , my hope now is clear skies and a frost!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)
Posted · Hidden by slb97, February 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by slb97, February 4, 2012 - No reason given

IOWpompeylee......................my prayer for you is coming true, might not get a dollop, but a "smidgeon" is better than nought!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

We seem to have much larger flakes now and it's still relatively heavy. Must be around 3cm now. Temp is 0c and DP -1c. Off to bed hoping that a couple more cm will fall before it turns to sleet. My kids are looking forward to building a big snowman tomorrow and I wouldn't want them to be disappointed!