Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Probably had a couple of cm last night here in north Hants and although it turned to wet snow and then probably sleet/rain after midnight, there is still a good covering of wet snow on the ground. The temperature has fallen half a degree to exactly freezing over the last couple of hours. I can't tell whether it is cloudy or foggy at the moment, but if it is the latter we can expect the temperature to drop by a degree or so by 8am. If this does happen there is a good chance we will keep the existing snow cover for a couple of days at least.

On the hills in this area I would imagine there is at least 5cm of lying snow; maybe more. The hilly areas could retain the snow cover for the next week and of course there is the possibility of more snow to come.

Overall a little disappointing in this area. By the sounds of it there is more substantial and drier snow further north and east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Ok im jealous of you all :(

When is the next precipitation expected?

Heard their could be some cold temperatures for the south next week, although thats not what the Met Office are predicting?

Edited by liam300

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Morning all. Temp here 1 and dp 1

It must of warmed up significantly last night as we don't even have any ice which I was very surprised at.

Hope the people who got snow get out and enjoy it today! Be safe and have fun xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Morning all. Temp here 1 and dp 1

It must of warmed up significantly last night as we don't even have any ice which I was very surprised at.

Hope the people who got snow get out and enjoy it today! Be safe and have fun xxx

Yes, the temperature rose to 6.6C in the early hours before falling back. Still above freezing though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Yes, the temperature rose to 6.6C in the early hours before falling back. Still above freezing though.

Makes sense why no ice then. Tbh I am grateful as we are going to kimmeridge today so glad it's not all icy etc.... Was going to cancel if it was.

Oh well roll on next weekend where we hope the coast-ers will be in with a shout!

Posted

anyone in north hampshire still got snow? ie petersfield, alton etc??

my daughter wants to see some lol

Edited by smoggyjester

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hi joneseye, yes agreed a mucky few cms. Gonna go to see the horse and see what it like near the oxon border. Still they say something is a brewing next week.

Pb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

anyone in north hampshire still got snow? ie petersfield, alton etc??

my daughter wants to see some lol

There is still snow lying here, but I think it's has thawed slightly since last night. It is dripping off trees and roofs! Should be enough for a snowman though!

Posted

There is still snow lying here, but I think it's has thawed slightly since last night. It is dripping off trees and roofs! Should be enough for a snowman though!

cool thankyou xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A very soggy night here in Portsmouth - no snow :sorry: Family and friends have been sending pics from home (good ol' Essex) of snow so green with envy! Feel a bit green too? Have a go at a weather Jumblgram, and cheer me up by following on twitter :help:

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/15241-weather-special-jg01/

Posted

Plenty of snow lying here and i'm not impressed as some trespassing feline has ruined my virginal snow in the garden :(

I wanted to do that.

Temp here 1.4

DP 0.4

a few cms of snow lying - will measure when I get out of bed :D

Posted

LOLOL! Pigeon's have done that to mine. There is nothing quite like that crunching on it for the 1st time but feeling guilty for doing it too and making it messy. Kinda ties in a bit with the virginal thing really!! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

so alton bordon way then maybe?

Yep, my kids have made a reasonable size snowman and a huge snowball :good: (I'm right next to Alton btw)

What about Butser Hill? There has to be good snow up there!

Edited by lynnsim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's a very good job I decided not to go back to Reading last night...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16891654

Edited by Nick L