Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Significant Snow/Freezing Rain Risk - 9-10th February

Posted

Freezing rain in west manchester,[and other parts of north west I believe]causing lots of accidents ,then rain all day ,top temp is now ,1.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Heavy snow in northampton now , just starting to cover the pavements , thanks for the radar link , looks like for once Northampton may

do well out of this if the radar is to be believed...

things are looking great for us mate! Northamptonshire snow shield of december 2010 is dead!

Posted

Heavy snow in northampton now , just starting to cover the pavements , thanks for the radar link , looks like for once Northampton may

do well out of this if the radar is to be believed...

don`t forget there is around 15min delay on that radar.

All the best

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Update on snow forecast tonight by Simon Keeling:

http://www.weatherwe...pics/uksnow.jpg

He admits that the snow was grossly over estimated.

iM REALLY NOT SO SURE THAT STUFF IN THE NORTH SEA IS STILL DEVELOPING TO THE EAST OF IT HAVE A LOOK? I thought it was sleeting outside so i took a drive only to see it was actually snow and everywheres goin white!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Thats a load of rubbish, the snow was vastly enderestimated, not overestimated.

Posted

It's an interesting situation. The light stuff that passed over Reading delivering some flurries is developing and heading for Southampton/Portsmouth. To me, it looks like the PPN is starting to move SSW than South as it has up to now. Hopefully it won't start movng too far West before it hits here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A mixture of freezing rain, frozen raindrops and sleet here this afternoon, never more than light but everything is covered in a thin coat of clear ice. Current temp' is -1.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

rain now, after a very short (15 minutes) of freezing rain this morning, this duly melted (the ice), and it's been rain all day. Fairly typical of this location really

Posted

Believe it or not but moderate snow here in SW Essex right now.Whilst I can't blame the Met Office, I think this has been obviously a possiblity all day, looks like they've been caught with their pants down somewhat.

Incredibly poor forecasting.

The updated forecast for my region at 15.46 remained unchanged from this morning and yet a simple glance at the radar suggested otherwise. I believe forecasters these days rely too much on computer models.

Amazing scenes here at the moment with heavy snow and already an additional cover on top of what we already had. Much more to come aswell based on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Looks like we'll just miss this one by just a few miles! All precip skirting east past Nottingham with it just falling lightly here.

Those in the firing line - enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

I notice there is a cold front approaching from the East. Will this produce anything for EA?

Posted

Nearly 2 fresh cm here.....you wouldnt have believed it looking at the met and bbc forecasts yet the radar has been showing this path all day!

Posted

Currently dry now after earlier rain and 0.2C and quite steady. Disappointed because I am currently in the gap between the two masses of PPN, to my E and W!

Will have to wait and see if the PPN pulls W/SW as it should?

Posted

Steady light snow here on the Kent/Sussex border for the last half hour or so - a very long way SE of the earlier forecasts.