Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Significant Snow/Freezing Rain Risk - 9-10th February

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm still not even confident of seeing anything here, but chances are greater than last weekend. Which was an all rain event.

When you've only had lying snow three times in 17 years, you have every right not to be confident. :sorry:

Posted

Can someone explain to me why the air hasn't moistened up here enough yet for anything to fall? Nick L explained in the Midlands thread a few hours ago why nothing was falling from the sky even though the radar may show moderate PPN but Nottingham, Derby, Northamptonshire and Peterborough have snow falling, we have had PPN over us for over an hour now and it's still bone dry, why only here? :huh:

I wouldn't call it snow here in Nottingham. And it has only just started to reach ground level, and we've been under the precipitation about 90 minutes longer than you :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I still think people in the South East are expecting something more than what will occur. Those NAE charts are showing exactly what the MO have said, maybe some light flurries accumulations are a low risk.

Who is? I haven't seen anyone in the SE remotely suggest they might receive anything but a dusting from this, and i myself have said this is heading for East Midlands, not the SE. Although with snow, anything can and does happen, nothing would suprise me!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Got to say there has been no ramping in the SE Thread, just level headed posts about maybe a dusting and possibilities of something a little more up towards the M40, Bucks etc.

Dont even want it tbh :rofl: Sick and tired of it already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's days like this when I wonder what I'm letting myself in for with my career path choice!

Posted

Can someone explain to me why the air hasn't moistened up here enough yet for anything to fall? Nick L explained in the Midlands thread a few hours ago why nothing was falling from the sky even though the radar may show moderate PPN but Nottingham, Derby, Northamptonshire and Peterborough have snow falling, we have had PPN over us for over an hour now and it's still bone dry, why only here? :huh:

it will be the Leicester dip Andy, the precipitation has further to fall bud. Looking good for u later though mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Got to say there has been no ramping in the SE Thread, just level headed posts about maybe a dusting and possibilities of something a little more up towards the M40, Bucks etc.

Dont even want it tbh :rofl: Sick and tired of it already!

LOL...... I know what you mean Paul. Still 3" on the ground at the moment....... more to come huh....... damn stuff :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The Met Office need to drop the idea of heavy snow for here, it just ain't gonna happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers /snowy winters

Seems strange but the met office have downgraded my area again

Posted

This was all pretty obvious to anyone with capable of looking at a radar image as far back as last night.

At the time I and others were accused of by IMBY, but frankly, I couldn't give 2 hoots if it snows or not.

You can't trust any model if it's t0+ start point is so far from reality.

Disruptive snow line now looks like being areas in between Humberside to Hunstanton on a line heading south west to Isle of Wight to Brighton. West of that looks marginal and elevation probably wont help because the coldest air is at the surface. East of it will be flurries, perhaps a covering to 1 or 2 cms by morning. Central London will miss the worst of it.

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Currently raining in Sheffield city centre - Temp 1.4 C atm ... so is the idea the temps will fall ??...as we are'nt going to see snow at these temps currently...this rain currently thawing the piles left from Saturday. :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Days like this are why I like being a pessimist so much. Expected a sleety mix or snow which wouldn't lay and we are approaching two hours of heavy snow which has covered all surfaces. Expect the worst and you'll always be at least pleasantly surprised :p

Posted

This was all pretty obvious to anyone with capable of looking at a radar image as far back as last night.

At the time I and others were accused of by IMBY, but frankly, I couldn't give 2 hoots if it snows or not.

You can't trust any model if it's t0+ start point is so far from reality.

Disruptive snow line now looks like being areas in between Humberside to Hunstanton on a line heading south west to Isle of Wight to Brighton. West of that looks marginal and elevation probably wont help because the coldest air is at the surface. East of it will be flurries, perhaps a covering to 1 or 2 cms by morning. Central London will miss the worst of it.

A line from isle of wight to brighton puts London slap bang in the middle of it, I think it will be further west than brighton.

Posted

Sorry for stating this again but getting quite heavy here in Beverley now.... For those interested in how things are progressing

Posted

Followed the original forecasts and remained in Weston Super Mare. Wish I had decided to visit my parents in Leicester now, Its my birthday as well.

Freezing rain here in notts

is it pretty?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I still think the NAE hasn't got this PPN in the right position even though it shifted Eastwards on the 12z run. Compare it to the ACTUAL radar at this moment in time..

It really hasn't picked up the PPN over the North sea or what's developing over East Anglia!

12020918_0912.gif

post-2115-0-78241600-1328804787_thumb.jp

Posted

It's raining but not getting rid of the existing snow, which is frustrating as I can't get back to running on slippy pavements. I hate in between, either heavy snow or rain please. IN all seriousness, the METO are still confident of snow in our area so I expect as the night wears on a bit we will see some later, which was what was forecast really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I still think the NAE hasn't got this PPN in the right position even though it shifted Eastwards on the 12z run. Compare it to the ACTUAL radar at this moment in time..

It really hasn't picked up the PPN over the North sea or what's developing over East Anglia!

12020918_0912.gif

The NMM has the same problem as well, the distribution of the intensity is wayyy off.

Posted

Followed the original forecasts and remained in Weston Super Mare. Wish I had decided to visit my parents in Leicester now, Its my birthday as well.

is it pretty?

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Snowmadchris UKKKKKKKKKK, happy birthday to you. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: