Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Significant Snow/Freezing Rain Risk - 9-10th February

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

I think events like this one can me more exciting as no one really knows whats going to happen. IMO the snow area is going to be much more vast than forecast so there will many more happy people on here this evening.

Good luck to everyone

A bit of good old fashiomed looking up at the sky needed for this lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I still think the NAE hasn't got this PPN in the right position even though it shifted Eastwards on the 12z run. Compare it to the ACTUAL radar at this moment in time..

It really hasn't picked up the PPN over the North sea or what's developing over East Anglia!

12020918_0912.gif

Hi mate

Can assure - despite the radar - no snow is falling in EA either. Its very cold and we still have lots of old snow cover but nothing but a few snow grains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The precipitation has now reached a stage predicted by the metoffice to move SSW. And the last two or three radar runs show this happening. plenty of precipitation towards the NE. Radar looking good. And the intensification has begun.

Still light sleet/ice mix in brum at the moment.

Twitchy bum time for us for the next few hours...will it, or won't it? :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Is the stuff on the radar east of Peterborough at present.....which looks at if it would be great for here.....only "faux precipitation"?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I STILL don't understand why we now have moderate precip over us but nothing is falling still. Yet Birmingham has the same level of precip and has rain/ice pellets falling, Peterborough has snow falling, Nottingham does, Northampton did earlier yet nothing is reaching the ground here? I'm at 75m ASL so i'm not on THAT low ground.

Posted

I STILL don't understand why we now have moderate precip over us but nothing is falling still. Yet Birmingham has the same level of precip and has rain/ice pellets falling, Peterborough has snow falling, Nottingham does, Northampton did earlier yet nothing is reaching the ground here? I'm at 75m ASL so i'm not on THAT low ground.

We have nothing falling out of the sky either, it's just a case of wait and see really.

Twitchy bum time for us for the next few hours...will it, or won't it? :wacko:

Well I am confident with the BBC/METO @ the moment over the NAE. NAE has juggled and been misplaced all over the place today. Had Met man on local radio to confirm BBC/METO Forecast...Obv snow is not easily forecasted esp in a situ like this. If it doesnt, It doesnt. Good Luck to wherever gobbles it all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

thw PPN hasnt really got here yet. But this is really confusing me. Any experts want to take a punt as to roughly when this evaporation will stop?

Posted

The precipitation has now reached a stage predicted by the metoffice to move SSW. And the last two or three radar runs show this happening. plenty of precipitation towards the NE. Radar looking good. And the intensification has begun.

Still light sleet/ice mix in brum at the moment.

Depends which bit your looking at some is still moving sse towards north of birmingham area. looks like centering around nottingham/leics, before sliding south west later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Seen a tiny bit of snow falling but nothing compared to what the radar is showing.. But slowly its getting more moist out there at ground level so can't be long before it gets more intense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

The MetO have updated there warnings for East Anglia http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Edited by Mammatus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The MetO have updated there warnings for East Anglia http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

I think this band is now way further East than anyone predicted. That stuff in the North Sea is HUGE, no model predicted there would be that much that far East. This is good news for the East Midlands, East Anglia and South East IMO.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

It's updated for icy roads, not snow, I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Its updated for both.

Nope. It's ice.

It's just where some parts of the South East are just in the snow watch zone and the ice watch zone. But the latest update was just purely for icey conditions.

It's confusing for many though.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I think this band is now way further East than anyone predicted. That stuff in the North Sea is HUGE, no model predicted there would be that much that far East. This is good news for the East Midlands, East Anglia and South East IMO.

yes, a shift east if ever there was one! Looks decisively better for me and you now!

My advice for tonight: bin all models

:Hand-throwing-ball-paper-bin.jpg

sit next to the window and gaze at the lampost for falling snow, even the radar now cannot be trusted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Its updated for both.

As far as i can see the yellow band warning for snow has not moved,they have however added a band for ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

I dont know where some of these forecasts are coming from. According to the BBC there is no chance of snow for the south or SE. Its angle is towards the SW and its current axis is about 100 miles west of London!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

BBC have just put this about as far west as I've ever seen it!

Looks like a very poor show from the BBC. Sometimes I wonder do they just take the models as gospel and not even bother with the radar?

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I'm beginning to wonder if the rain will return to freezing rain. Temps still dropping but light rain continues. Glad the forecast was wrong here for freezing rain so far ... but sad that snow forecast was wrong for us. Can't win every time though can you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

I dont know where some of these forecasts are coming from. According to the BBC there is no chance of snow for the south or SE. Its angle is towards the SW and its current axis is about 100 miles west of London!

Ah well we're definately going to get some then lol