Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Significant Snow/Freezing Rain Risk - 9-10th February

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

and ppn still isn't in the location progged by the models.

I beg to differ with that. The GFS isn't far out at 15Z, and neither is the UKMO.

This is slow moving remember, everything is looking straight forward from my perspective.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snowing here now lightly in welli. Things still look similiar to some forecasts, but with more heavy snowfalll in the east midlands. Still heaviest in west midlands. Forecast for my area has massively improved, but this is mainly because of a small shift east of where the ppn stalls.

Posted

It does looks like for now that the focus of the heavier precip is still further east, the front itself is close to where it was forecasted BUT the precip distrubution is very different. Probably a good trend for E.Midlands that had been looking like only getting a very small amount going by the 06z models.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

My personal opinion is that all the snow is heading for Sudury in Suffolk :p :rofl:

Posted

It does looks like for now that the focus of the heavier precip is still further east, the front itself is close to where it was forecasted BUT the precip distrubution is very different. Probably a good trend for E.Midlands that had been looking like only getting a very small amount going by the 06z models.

yes 06z were dire for my area. Looking much better now and little time for change. Its not a completely failed forecast as some are suggesting, but the area of ppn definately is, the bbc forecast graphics looks quite wide of the mark as they show a disorganised mostly light snow area. The met have binned this as it goes against their warning and their forecasts Edited by Zakos

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's a better sign for us Leicesterian snow lovers! The NAE is quite a way out with its PPN placement if you ask me.

Posted

I beg to differ with that. The GFS isn't far out at 15Z, and neither is the UKMO.

This is slow moving remember, everything is looking straight forward from my perspective.

Yeah, GFS don't appear too far out at all, maybe a slower but the areas are pretty much correct.

I've been nerdy and merged the the GFS for 15:00 with the last live radar and it shows more or less correct with the darker blue being where it wasn't correct compared to the radar but the purples / pinks are spot on.

gfs_radar.jpg

Edited by trisnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

yes 06z were dire for my area. Looking much better now and little time for change. Its not a completely failed forecast as some are suggesting, but the area of ppn definately is, the bbc forecast graphics looks quite wide of the mark as they show a disorganised mostly light snow area. The met have binned this as it goes against their warning and their forecasts

Zakos... You and me both need this to be further East than the 06z showed :lol: At the moment it does look further East than the NAE PPN charts showed, that is a definite. We have been under PPN for about an hour now though and still nothing is falling, when is this damn air going to moisten up :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

latest from metoffice saying this is a developing situation and keep up to date with forecasts etc etc.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2012/snow-follows-ice

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I would say in terms of marginality precipitation further east is a good thing as it allows more time for undercutting.

High ground around Birmingham is looking very good for about 20cm.

Posted

had some light rain with what you might call frozen raindrops in it-small soft hail or graupel, certainly the ground here is now above zero C as is the air temperature.

Posted

Light persistent snow on the Wolds, gradually becoming a little heavier. Rain and ice pellets in York earlier.

Posted

Zakos... You and me both need this to be further East than the 06z showed :lol: At the moment it does look further East than the NAE PPN charts showed, that is a definite. We have been under PPN for about an hour now though and still nothing is falling, when is this damn air going to moisten up :doh:

its snowing here now :D at least we dont have to worry about rain instead of snow! And things are definately looking better for you and me both, dont worry Im sure it will moisten up soon. NAE looks completely wrong to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

How about more central southern areas?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Still rain here.. temp 0c, dew -1c.. :doh:

Posted

Good news! The latest NAE 12z has the PPN further East

12020918_0912.gif

Just about to post this but at last the NAE reflects the radar.

Posted

12020918_0912.gif

its has certainly done that from both its 00z and especially its 06z idea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers /snowy winters

Well got a few flakes falling here in peterborough ,but no prec over us according to the radar lol

Posted

Whenever I see a sentence starting with "Good News!" It's always this guys voice saying it in my head... :p Is it just me who that happens to? lol

futurama-season-6-20100609103054764.jpg

Posted

Game on for the E Midlands.

http://expert-images...021000_0912.gif

Still without blowing my own trumpet I said last night this would happen.

Currently snowing here.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY