Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Weather Discussion Part 5

J10

Posted

Anyone notice it was -2.5 this morning (when I stepped outside the house at 6am today) but no frost whatsoever on the car

Bone dry here in the Rhymney Valley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

a tropical 5.2c here in Rhoose ..skies filling in with cloud now, doubt we will see much snow here on the coast ..i may be wrong though !

Posted

it was -5 here this morning with a frost covering temp now +1 but still feels freezing. Feeling very left out of the will it won't it snow this weekend as I am too far West :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Arghh i hope these temps drop soon! Still a balmy 5.0C here with a dewpoint of 0C, not as positive about this as i was thismorning!

Posted

Well outside temp is showing a balmy 8c and they say we are going to get Snow here in the South East , well if the man from del-monti he say yes then i say Yep bring it on .Hope it pushes West though so our neigbours get some .

Posted

Arghh i hope these temps drop soon! Still a balmy 5.0C here with a dewpoint of 0C, not as positive about this as i was thismorning!

It will start out as light rain - but will turn more and more to sleet/snow as the evening and night wears on - amazing piccies coming through of that nasty freezing rain further north - that is a bugger of a thing to get - turns the whole of outside into an ice skating rink - nasty accidents cars, people falling over - A & Es fill up fast! nasty stuff! :diablo:

Posted

Not looking so good though is it Andy for snow? wouldn't the met have had us on orange by now? ohhhh I am getting nervous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

What does the NMM Model show for us? apparently that is closer to the mark currently in terms of precip distribution? started picking with rain here! Temp dropping tho now 4.7C

Edit: Also as im sure some of you have read in other threads, looks like the heavier precip is going to be further east, which is not good news for us?!

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

Just read this on Bbc Wales website ,

The weather will turn milder for the weekend, although it is expected to get colder again next week.

Ms Akhgar added: "Late afternoon into this evening the rain band is turning to sleet or snow across eastern counties. Anywhere from Cardiff right up to Wrexham.

"(On Friday), the snow and rain will continue at first, however it will then become drier from the east during the afternoon."

Wales experienced the coldest night of the winter so far last Thursday with temperatures dropping to -11C (12.2F) in Powys. :good:

Posted

car still showing 6 in bridgend not sure what it is up the valley. feels cold but cant be with temp at 6 ha ha,also light rain/drizzle. temps may start to fall soon

Posted

Apparently not good now according to the latest charts, even East wales appear to miss out now :doh: We are always so close and yet so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Well guys im downbeat now (again) so frustrating looked like sure upgrades this morning even for western wales. But going by the excitement of the east biased on model threads etc theres been a big shift east with even the west midlands missing out im off to cry :(

Posted

Just about the most depressing weather imaginable here. Cold with thick persistent drizzle.

Posted

Well guys im downbeat now (again) so frustrating looked like sure upgrades this morning even for western wales. But going by the excitement of the east biased on model threads etc theres been a big shift east with even the west midlands missing out im off to cry :(

Yes this is mad isn't it? 6 hours out and it has all totally changed. I will come with you if you like to the pub and we can cry together.

Posted

Think you're all being a touch premature about this event - as with all "marginal" set ups - will not be sorted till it actually arrives - snow is progged for later this evening and into tomorrow for us - I still believe that is what will happen!

gfs-2-12.png?12

Posted

Yep, the downgrade continues, NAE ppn charts are horrendous for all of Wales now. Hoping for some upgrades on the 12z's for next weeks northerly as our best chance of snow.

Posted

yes just been looking at radar and others in another thread think this is going a lot further east than first thought. i myself dont have a clue but does look pretty east to me,unless ov course it will swing around

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

I think its much warmer than first though too, temp is tropical 4.6c here....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

The NAE is very bad:/