Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Weather Discussion Part 5

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

This winter for me is now stinking the place out. No lying snow at all.....one measly fall of slushy rubbish before Christmas sums it up..and now this freezing cold wet muck...in addition....looks like the East and South East of England is going to get snow....again! :angry: Well well...what a surprise eh? Not!

Roll on Spring as far as I'm concerned....the sooner this winter is over the better. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Rant over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

I think its much warmer than first though too, temp is tropical 4.6c here....

Even warmer here in Cenral Cardiff - 5.8C doubt anything wintry for us tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

I reckon we all meet up in a pub each one of us then hires a snow machine each to create the mother of all blizzards? Any takers lol because the way this winter is going thats the best we gonna get !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temp is dropping quickly 4.2c now but pfft this is well I can't swear:)

Posted

Temp is dropping quickly 4.2c now but pfft this is well I can't swear:)

Did try to warn you last night that the NAE was wrong. The radar at the moment and the change from the NAE is no surprise to me or KW who also mentioned this.

Posted

I reckon we all meet up in a pub each one of us then hires a snow machine each to create the mother of all blizzards? Any takers lol because the way this winter is going thats the best we gonna get !!

:good: Yep,,,,, count me in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temp now 3.5C, but thats going to be no use if the precip stays mostly over England - This winter really doesn't like Wales much does it? lol

Posted

This winter has been one big massive disappointment. And to get so close and have it all taken away from us and for it to go in to the SE of England AGAIN its taking the mick

Posted

Just starting with some light drizzle in Newport

Oh. How I love the drizzle. Bring on the drizzle! Drizzle like it's never drizzled before!

Could I take a drizzle day off tomorrow instead of a snow day?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

No worries.....we'll nick all the storms this spring and summer...then when the South East Englanders start howling and whining about missing out, I'll be first in line to point and laugh, then shout "payback for nicking our snow last winter...aint karma a biatch?"

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

LOL have to laugh at how the moods swing in here. As far as I'm concerned the chances of snow for Wales tonight remain pretty much the same as they were 24 hours ago, which is to say unlikely for most of Wales, possible for east mid wales (i.e. here eastwards) and fairly good for SE Wales esp. the valleys and the brecons, but all of this with low confidence in a marginal and fluid situation.

Yes the NAE has shifted east but this is only in line with what all the other models, and indeed the Meto have been saying all along. And yes there is a natural tendency for forum members based in the east of Britain to ramp any eastwards shifts.

I'm not really expecting any snow here except briefly on the back edge, but there is still every possibility of getting that and nothing really has changed today to alter my view of that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

This winter for me is now stinking the place out. No lying snow at all.....one measly fall of slushy rubbish before Christmas sums it up..and now this freezing cold wet muck...in addition....looks like the East and South East of England is going to get snow....again! :angry: Well well...what a surprise eh? Not!

Roll on Spring as far as I'm concerned....the sooner this winter is over the better. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Rant over.

Then we'll be moaning about a lack of storms.......never gets any better for us seemingly

Convinced there is a weather void of blandness that stretches from Wrexham right across to the start of the Pennines

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Looking at the rain today radar, it is like a two way split at the moment, the left hand side of the UK all rain (and lots of it) and the right hand side all red for snow..... lets hope this changes for us later.

Posted

Temperature has fallen by 1.3c in the last hour.

Posted

Temp 1.1 down from 1.3 an hour ago with a lovely fine drizzle :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Looking good for us or Eastern England? lol Temp 3.1C and lightish rain

Posted

Latest from the meto updated 15.15

Headline:

Rain, sleet and snow overnight.

This Evening and Tonight:

Rain, sleet and snow will affect Wales overnight. Snow is most likely in the east of the country with accumulations of a few centimetres possible. Western areas are more likely to see rain. Cold, with ice forming on untreated surfaces. Minimum temperature -2 °C.

Whilst there is uncertainty regarding where the heaviest and most persistent snow will fall, accumulations of 1 to 5 cm are likely with a risk of up to about 10 cm in the worst affected regions.

These larger totals are more likely across the Midlands and perhaps southeast Wales.

Edited by andymusic