Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 12

kold weather

Posted

Loks like London is getting a surprise snowfall, sadly the Met Office have done a very poor job with this one...we have been saying all day this is evolving further east than the models are expecting...thats another one to add to the growing file of NAE westerly bias...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Slighly heavier here now. Just managing to stick to cars, but the pavements etc are just getting wet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It looks possible that Kent will get some snow and east Kent could get a large shower later this evening, ignore the TV forecasts they are out of date for this system, its changing too fast, if you get it make a snow angel and smile, if not just huff and puff! :rofl:

Thanks for replying

I want more but if I wanted I still have a foot deep snow in back garden for a snow angel !

There is a 15ft snowman in next village too

We have barely had a thaw away from roads and sun facing banks

Posted

Metoffice now showing Heavy Snow for London.... interesting. Radar says yes!!

yep seen that as well... i said earlier that they have cocked it up... again

Posted

please steve

OK my take on what has happened is as follows and this is from looking at the satellite only.

1. The pivoting westwards has happened, but it happened much to the west of the UK over Ireland and North Ireland over the last 4 hours it comes up beautifully on the satellite.

2. What we have and why I kept telling Steve M to look at the radar is a conveyor (a fast one at that) out of Norway crossing diagonally across the North Sea with much of Southern UK in its sight. What it must have pushed in front of it was very dry air hence why no reports of precipitation reaching the ground on that eastern quadrant of the radar band.

Now that it is taking effect snow is being reported in the east but that is from a different system to what was supposed to pivot as that system has already pivoted way way to the west as stated above.

http://www.sat24.com

Lastly there is a huge stream of this Norwegian stuff to follow. and this could explain why in Leeds for example they are so surprised that what was a few hours ago very wet has been replaced by rapidly settling DRY SNOW.

This could be a ramp, and I could be talking absolute bollo cks but Steve please look now at the Satellite or anybody else so inclined and give me your thoughts on what I am saying please.

You are right in what you say, the question really is whats going to happen in the next 6 to 10 hours as to me it seems a lot of changes are occurring and with temps dropping too I think a lot of people will get caught out tonight, because the TV forecasts dont really pan what we are seeing develop, well not 100% anyway, there is a lot of things happening all at once tonight! Its rather active!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Level 5 snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Metoffice now showing Heavy Snow for London.... interesting. Radar says yes!!

thet really do talk rubbish........all they do is nowcast lol

Posted

Loks like London is getting a surprise snowfall, sadly the Met Office have done a very poor job with this one...we have been saying all day this is evolving further east than the models are expecting...thats another one to add to the growing file of NAE westerly bias...

I told you kold earlier that we will see a upgrade the bbc and meto cannot forecast what there having for dinner let alone snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Snow steadily getting a bit heavier. Moderate falls at the moment. Already giving a dusting on cars and some roofs. Ground temps and dew points not quite as good as Saturday as some of the snow is melting, particularly on the roads and pavements.

Posted

nothing like Saturday but its an interesting little insight into just how poorly models can perform even just 6hrs out, the models were way off!

Temps profiles not the best along the Thames Estuary, pretty typical in an easterly airflow to be fair...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Yep, small flakes now falling here

Posted

Thanks for replying

I want more but if I wanted I still have a foot deep snow in back garden for a snow angel !

There is a 15ft snowman in next village too

We have barely had a thaw away from roads and sun facing banks

I am sure you will get something down your way at some stage tonight. The way its panning out though could be late at night, but it would be nice to wake up at 5am and see something moderate!

Snow showers are likely across this region through out this evening and into the early hours of Friday morning however the far East mainly around the coasts is looking to dry for anything wintry.

Here is a map showing the chances of snow,

Hope this helps and enjoy the snow if you get any :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

anybody got a link to a radar? any chance of me getting anyhting on the coast of Essex?