Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 12

kold weather

Posted

Well my friend who works at Heathrow Airport, has just told me they have just gone code red! Which means severe disruption certain.

416916_10150535127333341_735173340_8866640_455829336_n.jpg

Its moving SW not due south

Posted

Joydens Wood near Bexley, moderate snow, back garden white again, cars covered, roads and pavements just wet

Posted

Well my friend who works at Heathrow Airport, has just told me they have just gone code red! Which means severe disruption certain.

416916_10150535127333341_735173340_8866640_455829336_n.jpg

that'll be why i had the text from the driving agency this afternoon for urgently required snow-plough drivers!

Posted

Still fairly light here, big flakes blowing around. Still not expecting much, London will certainly not get 'hammered' as some seem to be predicting. A dusting widely, perhaps a covering in western parts of our region - pretty much what the Beeb have been saying.

While I'm at it, let's top slating the BBC for what was a hugely difficult forecast. They nailed the weekend's event, this was a far harder call.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow snow

Just sttarted snowing In Worcester park surrey 😄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

700hpa Wind vectors atm are pretty much nne, turning gradually ne as we move on tonight, and so the main counties in your region affected tonight should be Surrey, Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire and Norfolk. London, Suffolk, Essex, Kent and Sussex should see some snow early on tonight before the main action shifts towards the west of the region. The regions in bold should see anything between 2-10cm lying, most likely 2-5cm around the London area, with the areas un-bolded seeing small accumulations or around nothing.

Best place to be is Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Dorset imo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

OK I've spent so long staring at the lamp post that I'm beginning to hallucinate , time for a coffee break me's thinks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Proper snow now, light to moderate, decent sized flakes, starting to settle

Posted

Light snow now in Crystal Palace, SE19.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

And for those moaning at Netweather about the radar, someone who did proper meteorology training just told me it's spoking. So it's not Netweathers thought really? http://www.aea.net/AvionicsNews/ANArchives/Aug06WeatherRadar.pdf

Posted

Still fairly light here, big flakes blowing around. Still not expecting much, London will certainly not get 'hammered' as some seem to be predicting. A dusting widely, perhaps a covering in western parts of our region - pretty much what the Beeb have been saying.

While I'm at it, let's top slating the BBC for what was a hugely difficult forecast. They nailed the weekend's event, this was a far harder call.

London does not have to get hammered 1-3 cms is enough to cause chaos

I will slate the bbc as since around 11am this looked very simple to me and i come home to view the 18:30 forecast and them saying no snow in the south east it was pathetic forecast looking at the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

OK I've spent so long staring at the lamp post that I'm beginning to hallucinate , time for a coffee break me's thinks

me too starting to go nuts now,bloody everywhere apart from us ,WHY?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Snowing in Dartford and Bluewater, but not here in Rochester.

So close yet so far.

Posted

Light snow now in Crystal Palace, SE19.

light in c.palace just up the road??? you should pop down here.. enough to start throwing snowballs from the parked cars

Posted

The radar is suggesting this area is barely moving at the moment, perhaps slight motion to just west of south (185 degrees or so)

Very much a nowcast event...I'm not fully expecting much of the SE to get 1-3cms...

what do you mean it looks like it is moving rapidly