Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

Does anyone think there is any luck for my location benefitting from any bands of precip again tonight? I want to put my mind at rest there before I hit the sack!

Posted

This is unbelievable reading these reports. here it's about 1-2C, overcast with light drizzle. I really DETEST this town's weather! Memories of December 2010, come on, December 2010, it made up for all the 09-10 letdowns, the snowless 07-8, 99-0, 91-2, 92-3, the no 30C for over 5 years...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Does anyone think there is any luck for my location benefitting from any bands of precip again tonight? I want to put my mind at rest there before I hit the sack!

Yes, a big blob east of us over Lincs could potentially strike us and give us a little dump of snow.

edit:

Actually looks to be lining up with Northants not leicester.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

This is unbelievable reading these reports. here it's about 1-2C, overcast with light drizzle. I really DETEST this town's weather! Memories of December 2010, come on, December 2010, it made up for all the 09-10 letdowns, the snowless 07-8, 99-0, 91-2, 92-3, the no 30C for over 5 years...

yea makes you laugh when people are moaning about only having an inch

Posted

Yes, a big blob east of us over Lincs could potentially strike us and give us a little dump of snow.

edit:

Actually looks to be lining up with Northants not leicester.

Do you mean this?

post-15841-0-34887300-1328830185_thumb.p

And typical of tonight that it looks to be benefitting Nortants instead of Leicester. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Only crappy sleet a thin coating on top of the dustbin lid here by the villa ground. What a crappy winter this is turning out to be. Last week's snow didn't even last 24hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

I think if the main band was just 30 miles west I would of had a good inch or two like Oxford had but there you go not even 1cm

Posted

TETIS - I know you alternate between the Midlands and East Anglia thread - but what do you make of the intensification of "showers" following on behing coming in via the Wash likely to hit Peterborough and Northants?

I always find it strange that the radar lies in advance of frontal snow, yet behind it carries on regardless behind for several hours. Still moderate snow here, but if you flipped it around and took the radar at face value, its an odd one. But that stuff coming off the Wash, yippee - a good inch in that I reckon. Might yet get 10cm tonight. I'm like a pig in s**t, and i'm 36 years old, have a PhD and a serious job and p**sed off my wife because i'm back to a child like state. And I have the day off tomorrow, so my toddler won't be going to nursery in middle of nowhere, he's staying with me to repair the snowman and go sledging. This time last week I was in 27C in Texas. Haha. Love it.

Posted

Yes, you didn't need a crystal ball or a pat on the back for anyone today. I tried to tell people at work that it was a very complicated situation & that it was unlikely that we'd get anything significant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Moderate freezing rain here, sounds heavier than it is.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snowflakes a little larger now. Still fine snow but moving towards Light snow now.

Posted

Measured 4.5cm fresh lying snow as of 2330GMT. That's the minimum depth as it's more like double that in places where there was existing snowcover from Saturday's event. Pic attached.

post-5649-0-57435300-1328830656_thumb.jp

Great night! That band over Lincs well worth watching as it is STILL intensifying.

Posted

TETIS - I know you alternate between the Midlands and East Anglia thread - but what do you make of the intensification of "showers" following on behing coming in via the Wash likely to hit Peterborough and Northants?

I always find it strange that the radar lies in advance of frontal snow, yet behind it carries on regardless behind for several hours. Still moderate snow here, but if you flipped it around and took the radar at face value, its an odd one. But that stuff coming off the Wash, yippee - a good inch in that I reckon. Might yet get 10cm tonight. I'm like a pig in s**t, and i'm 36 years old, have a PhD and a serious job and p**sed off my wife because i'm back to a child like state. And I have the day off tomorrow, so my toddler won't be going to nursery in middle of nowhere, he's staying with me to repair the snowman and go sledging. This time last week I was in 27C in Texas. Haha. Love it.

Certainly intensifying and im desperate for my bed. :lol:

Latest radar update suggests its coming right for me. Have to be honest I wasn't expect to see this intensify!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

is it game over for brum? Guys can any1 tell me. Thanks.

Posted

is it game over for brum? Guys can any1 tell me. Thanks.

yes sadly, its game over for leics to. Its been a bit of a shocker less than 24 hours ago the met office seemed to have the band missing us to the north east down through birmingham into the sw. as its turned out its been a good 100 or more miles further south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

No sign of any snow here in Malvern, just been light rain all evening.

Posted

yes sadly, its game over for leics to. Its been a bit of a shocker less than 24 hours ago the met office seemed to have the band missing us to the north east down through birmingham into the sw. as its turned out its been a good 100 or more miles further south

I'm quite distraught about how we've missed out. The lack of snow cover means higher daytime temperatures in the sunshine tomorrow than the Met Office originally forecast, as well as higher minimum temperatures too for tomorrow night. There goes the potential ice days on Friday or Saturday.

Anyway, time for me to hit the sack now. Byez.

Edited by Tellow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ive just found out via picture on facebook that Hednesford the town 3 miles away from me has a nice thick layer of snow and here its freezing rain and ice pellets :(

Posted

Heavy snow now falling again. The latest radar is amazing to see.

Nice one! Enjoy. I'd love to stay up to see what happens here but work beckons at 7am so I'm off to bed.

Good luck for the rest of the night folks.

Posted

is that it? looks like the weather warnings were a waste of time, as the snowfall total depths from tonights severe weather is zero ( so far)

Posted

Coventry is predicted to have heavy snow on the MO website from 12am onwards. . Looking at the radar, I don't see how that's possible to be honest. The information has apparently been updated at 11pm.

Edited by fourseasons

Posted

why can't the met office/ bbc just admit they were wrong, they are just carrying on like normal

Posted

Ive just found out via picture on facebook that Hednesford the town 3 miles away from me has a nice thick layer of snow and here its freezing rain and ice pellets :(

yep we are in the same boat mate, trust me my 1cm is of no consolation