Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

Posted

Where have the Northants posters gone? Surprised there's not more excitement at what's showing on the radar. It looks to me as though there's quite a bit of snow with our name on it over the next few hours, and heavy snow too! :)

i'm here! Excited at the fresh covering and currently setting up a bed for Mother In Law who cant get home to Long Buckby so is staying the night instead!

Posted

BBC weather have ignored the snow in the south east and the graphics start at 1am in the morning

a case of egg on face

The supercomputers weren't so super this time. I guess they couldn't use the graphics pre-loaded for earlier due to how wrong they are.

Posted

According to radar snow should start picking up a little here soon. Wouldn't be hard.. these are the smallest flakes ever witnessed, millions of the buggers, but they're sub mm in size. Barely even see them using a lampost.

Haha i know its like a mist its been doing it since about 6.30 and the car has only just got a thin covering on it, you really do have to look hard to be able to see it, whats the radar showing them kmanmx ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cant believe how lucky me and Gord have been! Very localised area. Still, im not complaining! :D

Posted

Ugh the ppn coming off the North Sea is already starting to disintegrate before it even reaches Yorkshire.

My local Met Office forecast states "Overcast with a chance of snow and rain showers, then snow after midnight" - not bloomin likely.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Win some you lose some - today was a loss. But the next winner probably wont come for 12 or so months. In that case, its more than just a loss. The only time events change at the last second are ones that downgrade snow for the midlands. If this was northern scotland for example and snow was forecast, snow would fall perfectly in line with all forecasts. The SE were told they'd get the heaviest falls of snow last weekend and just about, they got them. Tonight we're supposed to get the heaviest of the falls and in particular going by yesterday MO tweet the west midlands and OF CORSE the changes are shown on the day, the forecasts given are not accurate and most parts of the west midlands are left despondant with Icy bloody rain and then clear skies. Its just not good enough from the forecasting team and its harsh from the weather gods!

Its taken such a bite with me tonight because I cancelled plans and have had my birthday presents put on hold. Certain other things such as its 8 years since we burried my grandma tommorow and 5 since we burried my best friend (yes both died on the 3rd of feb and both got burried on my birthday as luck should fall) I was kind of hoping i'd be able to take a snowy peaceful walk tommorow - but no. Its the midlands, its rugeley, its snow and its ANOTHER DOWNGRADE.

Yes we did well on Saturday but thats beyond the point. During the harsh spells of 2009 or 2010 the SE had one event, after another, after another, whilst we sat and suffered the same old cold and dry drivel constantly forced upon us every season. Sadly for you lot in this thread, my pessimism is going to be increased 10 fold if we get another potentiallly snowy period, or marginal event. I apologise for constantly moaning, but im sick to the back teeth of the constant steaming pile of ablution luck or the urinal like poor forecasts we get here it just grates on me after a long period of time.

Despondant tonight - really despondant.

BREATH..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

we're still here but watching the snow falling. feel bad rubbing it in everyones faces. sorry guys, i would be really peeved myself if i didn't have any. i'm just enjoying the moment. gonna upload a video later on to prove just how much we've had this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Alright, alright. No need to rub it in.

I'll just stare at the light dusting we've got on the path.

Hurrumph.

lol I am sure you turn will come :)

Posted

OMG Huge flakes here in Droitwich - I'd given this up but in last 40 mins it's hoofing it down :D I know it won't last but everything white over despite the earlier rain :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Heavy snow last 3hrs settled everywhere 3.5 inches right place for once

Posted

Its been perfect, I left Houston late Friday afternoon in Thunderstorms and 26C, arrived Heathrow Saturday Morning -6C. 4-5 inches snow saturday into sunday. Had monday off. Most snow still left on the ground, fantastic snow tonight, off tomorrow. Brilliant timing, if I do say so myself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Win some you lose some - today was a loss. But the next winner probably wont come for 12 or so months. In that case, its more than just a loss. The only time events change at the last second are ones that downgrade snow for the midlands. If this was northern scotland for example and snow was forecast, snow would fall perfectly in line with all forecasts. The SE were told they'd get the heaviest falls of snow last weekend and just about, they got them. Tonight we're supposed to get the heaviest of the falls and in particular going by yesterday MO tweet the west midlands and OF CORSE the changes are shown on the day, the forecasts given are not accurate and most parts of the west midlands are left despondant with Icy bloody rain and then clear skies. Its just not good enough from the forecasting team and its harsh from the weather gods!

Its taken such a bite with me tonight because I cancelled plans and have had my birthday presents put on hold. Certain other things such as its 8 years since we burried my grandma tommorow and 5 since we burried my best friend (yes both died on the 3rd of feb and both got burried on my birthday as luck should fall) I was kind of hoping i'd be able to take a snowy peaceful walk tommorow - but no. Its the midlands, its rugeley, its snow and its ANOTHER DOWNGRADE.

Yes we did well on Saturday but thats beyond the point. During the harsh spells of 2009 or 2010 the SE had one event, after another, after another, whilst we sat and suffered the same old cold and dry drivel constantly forced upon us every season. Sadly for you lot in this thread, my pessimism is going to be increased 10 fold if we get another potentiallly snowy period, or marginal event. I apologise for constantly moaning, but im sick to the back teeth of the constant steaming pile of ablution luck or the urinal like poor forecasts we get here it just grates on me after a long period of time.

Despondant tonight - really despondant.

BREATH..

Normally I'd have a moan at you having a moan...lol.....but I agree with you..Today's non-event has cost me a lot of money with cancelled customer deliveries, money I can ill afford to lose...So if the weather gods are listening, you owe me big time!

Posted

lol radders i thought i was hacked off

who knows this could be the last "snow" event for years now

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

Stopping here now, not a lot but can't complain - it was unexpected 4 days ago! Been good to have two snowfalls in the space of a week, let alone in a month. Don't see why everyone is complaining when we had such a good event on Saturday night. (Leicestershire/Warwickshire)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Going to have to agree with Radders too.

Midlands ALWAYS gets shafted. Apart from far south west we must be by far the most snow dry part of the country. Especially Northants/Leicester/Notts.

My only chance for tonight to redeem it self is a few blobs of ppn heading for leicester that could potentially bring a cm or two if i'm really really lucky.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Around 3.5cm lying here! Still snowing quite lightly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

What's recently moved from Stourbridge to Droitwich is now reaching Worcester, but it looks like it will pass just to the east of Malvern :cray: Tewkesbury and Cheltenham are looking nicely placed though!

Edited by Snowmoon

Posted

lol good event yea right, saturday in the 8 hours of snowing we had 3 cms soo that was crap and sunday it all thawed and tonight nothing but rain in ludlow

Edited by Matty23