Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Heavy snow now falling again. The latest radar is amazing to see.

Just had a look at radar, and there is an area pf ppn developing out of seemingly nowhere spreading southwestwards, wonder how big that area will become?? I still have moderate snow even no nothing showing on readar, alhough my hight plays a part i think. The what was once a big area of ppn a few hours ago has deminished into nothing according to the radar as it crosses central mids(leimington,stratford on avon) i work in stratford and can tell you now its because it very low ground there and ppn always struggles over there and very rarely has large snow events, and i think thats a massive reason why its dissapeared only to reappear again the further it southwest it goes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

well it's still snowing in northampton after several hours and i really want to stay up and see if we get that heavy ppn, but i've had enuf excitement for one evening and bed beckons. Will be up early to take some great photo's i hope. Needs to freeze hard now. Night all

Posted

why can't the met office/ bbc just admit they were wrong, they are just carrying on like normal

The precip between bradford and hull will explode over the next two hours giving snows to us all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

The bbc had brum down for heavy snow from 9pm and lite snow from 12am. Havent seen jack yet.

Posted

The precip between bradford and hull will explode over the next two hours giving snows to us all

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and then we woke up, it was just a dream

Posted

Measured 4.5cm fresh lying snow as of 2330GMT. That's the minimum depth as it's more like double that in places where there was existing snowcover from Saturday's event. Pic attached.

post-5649-0-57435300-1328830656_thumb.jp

Great night! That band over Lincs well worth watching as it is STILL intensifying.

Parts of my garden I have 8 inches (tonight on top of last weekends completely unmelted areas)! I have to be careful because of the various vintages of frozen whippet turds interbedded. The whole area is looking like moguls with all the fresh snow on the mounds of snow. Even where I put rock salt down, we have 2 inches of fresh on top. In bound heavy snow from the Wash. Yonkers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Managed to get a slushy dusting of white stuff in the end. Admittedly think the Met Office exaggerated the event a little with the text summaries they dished out for the West Midlands. But I guess it's better to be over cautious about a possible severe weather event than be under cautious incase if it those significant snow accummulations had come off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Parts of my garden I have 8 inches (tonight on top of last weekends completely unmelted areas)! I have to be careful because of the various vintages of frozen whippet turds interbedded. The whole area is looking like moguls with all the fresh snow on the mounds of snow. Even where I put rock salt down, we have 2 inches of fresh on top. In bound heavy snow from the Wash. Yonkers!

Looks like Northants, Cambridgeshire , North Oxfordshire have done well tonight, Cork not so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Managed to get a slushy dusting of white stuff in the end. Admittedly think the Met Office exaggerated the event a little with the text summaries they dished out for the West Midlands. But I guess it's better to be over cautious about a possible severe weather event than be under cautious incase if it those significant snow accummulations had come off.

Prepare yourself Rainbow, according to TheWeather Channel app on my phone (isn't that an American TV channel?), we Silhillans can expect 1-3 inches of snow on Friday, followed by 2-4 inches on Saturday!!!

Think these computer weather models have been on the cooking sherry this last 24 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Prepare yourself Rainbow, according to TheWeather Channel app on my phone (isn't that an American TV channel?), we Silhillans can expect 1-3 inches of snow on Friday, followed by 2-4 inches on Saturday!!!

Think these computer weather models have been on the cooking sherry this last 24 hours!

Ar wow. Sounds encouraging. :') Just when I was about to get out a big hammer and try re-brake the Solihull snow shield... Though I may still leave the hammer out just in case the snow fails to break it. ;-)

And yeah, I think you're right about the models - they have sure been acting a bit odd recently.

Posted

Morning. Just looked outside and nothing of course. There's still a light snizzle falling though.

So was that the let down of the winter so far?

Posted

Plenty of snow here.

The forecast was spot on. Well pleased.

Really ??? I ive 5 miles away & have 4-6cms MAX !!

Just got the wife defrosted, de-iced & down the road to work - good girl. Coffee anyone ??

Posted

Let down of the winter? Let down of the decade I reckon, never known a forecast so far out!

Morning. Just looked outside and nothing of course. There's still a light snizzle falling though.

So was that the let down of the winter so far?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Morning all, well it looks like the weather gods did feel a small amount of pity for me, as I've just got up, looked outside and everything's white!.......no real accumulations to speak of, just a light covering, but hey, anything is better than nothing.....the radar archive suggests it happened between 0200 - 0300 thiis morning as the frontal system pulled away to the SW allowing colder upper air to follow on behind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well, we had a mere sugar dusting from that, I can't believe the models got the precip so far out at just t6, never seen all of them get it 100-200 miles out at that timeframe. NONE of them predicted that the main bulk of PPN would go down through East Anglia and the East Midlands, they all had it going through the central Midlands into West Midlands and then Wales.

Anyway, here's my street about 20 minutes ago...

post-2115-0-93004300-1328859605_thumb.jp

Posted

We have a sugar dusting here too, as to suggest that the weather gods have indeed felt a 'little' pity, oh well..............next! (oh wait! is there time for a next??? *looks at models* erm............ :unsure: :unsure:

Posted

We have a sugar dusting here too, as to suggest that the weather gods have indeed felt a 'little' pity, oh well..............next! (oh wait! is there time for a next??? *looks at models* erm............ :unsure: :unsure:

If we finish our snow quota this Winter on that pathetic sugar dusting then I won't be happy. I thought Leicester would be right in the firing line but we missed out on about 3 inches of the stuff by about 30 miles, gutting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

If we finish our snow quota this Winter on that pathetic sugar dusting then I won't be happy. I thought Leicester would be right in the firing line but we missed out on about 3 inches of the stuff by about 30 miles, gutting.

Me too Andy, I had been looking forward to the snow all day yesterday too! I went to bed thinking the bulk of precip over Lincoln could finally deliver but no! I guess you were right about it being 'game over' for us. :(

Posted

Me too Andy, I had been looking forward to the snow all day yesterday too! I went to bed thinking the bulk of precip over Lincoln could finally deliver but no! I guess you were right about it being 'game over' for us. :(

I knew it mate, I could tell by the Net Weather 5 minute radar that it was still moving straight South and wouldn't turn SW until it had already passed us. Such a let down, I expected at least 5cm from that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

I knew it mate, I could tell by the Net Weather 5 minute radar that it was still moving straight South and wouldn't turn SW until it had already passed us. Such a let down, I expected at least 5cm from that.

Looking at your pic it looks like I had less than you too, due to being marginally further west most likely. :(

Well, we had a mere sugar dusting from that, I can't believe the models got the precip so far out at just t6, never seen all of them get it 100-200 miles out at that timeframe. NONE of them predicted that the main bulk of PPN would go down through East Anglia and the East Midlands, they all had it going through the central Midlands into West Midlands and then Wales.

Anyway, here's my street about 20 minutes ago...