Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I wouldn't give up yet Andy. I was originally getting rather frustrated but I feel more confident now. There is still all night for things to turn in our favour, as it just might turn west again. It doesn't look shabby just from looking outside now!

Mate there isn't enough Westward movement in it to give us more than the dusting we have. It would have to move North West back up the M1 to give us anything decent!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

The precip definitely has some westward movement as some of the heavier pulses have clipped me. I have a fresh covering around 2cm :)

Posted

Lots of precip here in Shropshire, but as yet still all rain... looks like a band if rain up to the west of Wolverhampton, then Freezing rain between Wolves abd Brum and then snow Brum eastwards - accoriding to the Netweather radar (v6)

This is what I'm interested in right now...we know the cold uppers were in the western suburbs of Birmingham when the last bit of precipitation was falling...hopefuly its extended a bit more west since. A bit hopeful I know but its all we have!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The precipitation to our north west is actually pivoting around on top of us...if those cold uppers can get in we might salvage something from that.

They'll have to be quick about it! I'm watching that line of precip on the radar too, but I suspect it'll be rain when it gets here. Blimey, how can any of us stand these events?

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Here you go for those that missed it.... bugger all for me!!

post-1596-0-97605600-1328820341_thumb.jp

Linky for the broadcast.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/hi/news/newsid_7760000/7760863.stm

but as I posted earlier.. "Now-casting" is probably more appropriate for these moveable snow events and this transmission is already a few hours out of date!!

Posted

Mate there isn't enough Westward movement in it to give us more than the dusting we have. It would have to move North West back up the M1 to give us anything decent!

How ironic though Andy. The forecasts suggested this would be a W Midlands event and it turned out that the main band was to the east of Leicester/Notts. Still I wouldn't give up just yet because the radar can bring a surprise.

Posted

Peterborough down through Bedford........lucky so and sos for this

not much here mate your not missing out

Posted

Very wet snow now falling here. A bit of sleetyness to it at times.

Posted

Meteox +3hr just keeps it coming in from the North Sea throughout the run

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Few flakes blowing in the wind here. Fingers crossed

Posted

Turning back into sleet and rain here. Those cold uppers are just not making it!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still rain here, despite the temp being down to 0.2 °C. I just spent a full minute squinting at the local lamp-post and saw not so much as a single blob of sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Given up trying to predict this one!

The radar shows Solihull firmly in the void, & yet all my weather apps, plus the MetO are still indicating heavy snow for me for the next few hours.

It's just started snowing lightly (after raining all evening), so who knows what's coming along....!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Turning back into sleet and rain here. Those cold uppers are just not making it!

Sleet in the lightest ppn it seems then more snow in the heavier bursts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Game over for Leicester, Warwickshire, Coventry, Nottingham and Derby, mark my words.

Snowing here in Warks. :clapping: