Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Autumn Weather Discussion

J10

Posted

Great how a few miles makes a difference hail and thunder driving through west Swansea,central Swansea dry and sunny all in 1 and half miles difference.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted

well guys been a while since i been on but just had to come on and ask when the hell is this rain going to fly away ha ha,looks like a very bad night tonight and into tomor as reguards to rain and lots of it. bring on the sun and warm please. until the next time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well the Bridgend storm shield seems to be in place as normaly with the storms going north of me, i seem to be on the very southern extent of the clouds from the storms going from Swansea to Cardiff.. Im sure one day I will get a storm!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Well the Bridgend storm shield seems to be in place as normaly with the storms going north of me, i seem to be on the very southern extent of the clouds from the storms going from Swansea to Cardiff.. Im sure one day I will get a storm!!

Heard thunder from a storm that was passing north of Swansea this afternoon, most of the showers were north of the M4 like they have been for the past few days with coastal areas staying dry. Very nice looking clouds and thundery skies today though...let's hope for something better than just a rumble soon!

For the past couple of weeks, we have missed the worst of the showers, with far more inland. Saying that though still around 50mm of rain so far this month, mostly in the past 2 weeks, with another inch of rain at least (maybe 2 inches) likely by the end of the month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

25.3mm of rain here in the past 24 hours, was expecting more however.

Posted

11.7mm here since midnight. The largest part of that was in the main rain band this morning (when it got quite gusty too) but since then it's been intermittent showers, some heavy, some light.

@herefordweather - there were some reports of localised flooding earlier, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17837119.

The ground here is wetter than it has been since early January, getting back towards its normal state after 3 months of dry weather. Even this month has been fairly dry here with just 65.4mm so far including today's rain, much of the rain in coastal areas in the past 3 weeks has died away inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

11.7mm here since midnight. The largest part of that was in the main rain band this morning (when it got quite gusty too) but since then it's been intermittent showers, some heavy, some light.

@herefordweather - there were some reports of localised flooding earlier, http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-17837119.

The ground here is wetter than it has been since early January, getting back towards its normal state after 3 months of dry weather. Even this month has been fairly dry here with just 65.4mm so far including today's rain, much of the rain in coastal areas in the past 3 weeks has died away inland.

Your so dry yet here it seems to have been quite wet! I have had 22.2mm of rain in the last 24hrs bringing my yearly total to exactly 300.0mm so far which isn't too bad considering we have also had some weeks with no rain atall!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Today is starting to look like a non-event.

Hindsight being the wonderful thing it is, the forecast should have been : Cloudy with outbreaks of showery rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

how about rain, with brief outbreaks of non rain? Ceiriog river is thundering past the bottom of our garden, through the grey curtain of rain everything looks green, in a wet watery way. newly planted beans look a bit sad, I would to if I was stuck out in that!

Posted

A lot of rain forecast next week with flooding becoming a problem doesent seem to be any balance in the weather one extreme to another.

Posted
Posted

http://expert-images...042912_2812.gif

Bit of late April snow action?

Not really seeing it myself, uppers are too high and think the NAE must be undercooking the dewpoints (even allowing for significant evaporative cooling) as that chart is for Midday. Perhaps a bit of snow over the tops of Snowdonia & Brecon Beacons, but only talking the very tops.

It is pretty cold out for the time of year though.

Posted

Blizzards and heavy snow above 300m in Snowdonia and the Brecons, according to this-

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/mountain-forecast/

It'll be a nasty day, regardless.

Posted

Not often you see snow forecast for anywhere outside of the Scottish Highlands at this time of year.

Take a look at this, especially at the date:

http://www.tredegar.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5750

If, if, if...

Posted

morning all and what a morning it is,yet more rain and plenty ov it,in fact i would say more than the last lot we had.and also very very windy. any news about a bit of warm sunshine in the near future guys? March caught the sun with nice warm temps and now rain hail sleet wind and more rain, our weather will keep u on your toes anyway.

Posted

Icy, sleety mess coming down here. Definitely snowflakes in there. Temp 2.0c

Posted

just give you a heads up its been a wild nignt down here if it stalles in the middle expect floods

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Just had half an inch here....