Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Autumn Weather Discussion

J10

Posted

Typical going to tenby next weekend ,weather looks bloody cold with gas fire on next weekend with general frosts around .

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well it was never going to stay at 20c was it this early in the Season, the near record breaking warmth, we did well to get it for a week. and in any case quite pleasant if a touch cool next week not too disastrous for April.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Well it was never going to stay at 20c was it this early in the Season, the near record breaking warmth, we did well to get it for a week. and in any case quite pleasant if a touch cool next week not too disastrous for April.

A touch cool? 4 to 7 c is nippy for April with possible wet snow tues wednesday i say brrrrrr.

Posted

Beautiful sunshine is back after a frosty night

Min: -1.5c

Current: 1.0c

Posted

Where the heck has this cold come from? I was out gritting last night. And..... long term forecasting is indicating 'RED' alerts all week with temperatures dipping below zero during the nights.

Could have a -5 to -7 forecasted by the end of the week .

Posted
Posted

Could have a -5 to -7 forecasted by the end of the week .

Please no we are going away for easter typical, I'm doomed everytime I book in this country we have Cold Weather, off to look for hols abroad, that will jinx it and you will have beautiful weather then x

Posted

Weather guide for the coming week or so:

http://forum.netweat...lands-specific/

Pretty good but i feel we in for a colder period towards the end of the week with wintry showers from the north.

Posted

The latest NW forecast is giving about 5cm of snow for this location Tuesday night. I'm sure that will alter as we get closer, but one to watch!

Max today: 12.3c

Current: 8.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Thought I was seeing things watching the forecast for the week ahead on the bbc news last night! Only a few days ago I was on the beach soaking up the rays!

Posted

Yes with snowfall wednesday night could well give a covering over highest ground with wet snow over the rest of wales pretty cold with a biting n easterly flow.

Posted

Not at all unusual to get a run of air frost in April though. The atmosphere is still chilled from Winter, and the sea is cold too, also nights are quite long.

And I mean if late April is capable of this:

post-2595-0-71964300-1333396104_thumb.jp

Edited by TonyH

Posted

What is a rare to get general snowfall this time of year rather than a showery classical April showers set up.We should see a amber weather warning go out soon especially east wales.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm off to spend two weeks on my uncle's farm near Llanpumpsaint (sp?) on Thursday...Will I ever get there?

Posted

I should imagine a bit of sleet won't stop you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I should imagine a bit of sleet won't stop you!

:lol: I guess not?

Posted

There ya go

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Powys, Wrexham, Ceredigion, Monmouthshire, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhonnda Cynon Taff & Torfaen valid from 1200 Tue 03 Apr to 1800 Wed 04 Apr

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its still 12.3C here, so doubt any snow is on the cards this way but we could do with some rain as its been a while...

Posted

Light rain and the temperature is starting to drop now.

Max today: 9.8c

Current: 7.9c

Posted

Just checked the NW forecast for this location.. It's gotta be over cooking it!! - a 12 hour period of snow totalling to about 30cm and a max of 1c! I'm expecting to see some snow, but can't see that being accurate!!

Posted

Turned noticeably colder here now on the Brecon Beacons - gallu teimlo'r oerwynt yn chwythu :) perhaps a bit to far west to see anything of substance though unless the second front pushes more westerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

I am not expecting anything, I am now a gardiner so I want mild not cold, sorry to be negative :)

I hope everyone gets what they want :D (i am sure you all will, you lovely people :p;):D)

Tra

Sam