Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Autumn Weather Discussion

J10

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Weather guide for the coming week in my very own thread (or so it seems :lol: )

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72422-model-summaries-and-thoughts/page__st__40

As I have been doing these weekly guides since last Autumn any feedback (good, bad, or indifferent) would be appreciated!

I've been away over the past few days in Reading with no computer access.

Springlike weather there yesterday and back home today.

As for the updates, always a good read, one question though why do use Wettzerzentrale charts when Net Weather ones are available.

Also if you were to do the forecasts in a blog and link to them here and in the models thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/blogs/

Then all blogs would be saved in order, for future reference.

Posted

Thanks for feedback julian.

I will find out about the blog method.

Although I have netweather full I still seem to find wetter easier with respect to saving the images.

Thanks for feedback julian.

I will find out about the blog method.

Although I have netweather full I still seem to find wetter easier with respect to saving the images.

There's no problem using WZ images, indeed some people prefer them. I tend to use Snipping Tool to gain images.

Very strange weather here locally today, if you look at Mumbles Weather Station the max temp is 9.1c, however that is under thick fog. So much so that Mumbles cannot be seen from here. Here around 5 miles the temp has ranged between 10 and 13c, with long sunny spells and again very springlike.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Really frustrating weather here, cloudy all day yesterday and today and yet Carmarthen is mainly sunny. Looks like it will stay cloudy here for most of the week aswell.

Posted

I think all of us will have some warm and fairly sunny weather at times this week.

Edited by TonyH

A lot depends on the level of sunshine this week, where sun comes out, it will certainly be warm this week.

I mentioned earlier about the fog, and I took some snaps.

It really was stunning, my camera work needs a lot to be desired though !!!

Posted

Foggy this morning rather warm and sunny this afternoon 14c.

I quite like fog!

Posted

Foggy this morning rather warm and sunny this afternoon 14c.

I quite like fog!

Yes car crashes everywere need some wind to blow away this bloody FOG.

Posted

Five solid days of clear blue skies here (bar the odd high cirrus) and another two or so to come, hit 17.1C today but misty and chilly at night. Glorious, really.

Wonder how long it'll be before those drought warnings start to creep West? We've not exactly had our usual deluge so far this year!

Went for a wander this morning, got these snaps.

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/15686-picture-040/

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/15687-picture-068/

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/15690-picture-082/

Plus a few others in my gallery. :)

Posted

And joy of joy along came the fog again at 1530 dropping the temperature 5c in one hour!

Fascinating weather!

Yes car crashes everywere need some wind to blow away this bloody FOG.

That's generally idiots who can't drive in bad weather.

Posted

Warm and sunny once more after thick overnight fog.

Currently 15.1C, so not as warm as yesterday.

Posted

Hi guys been very foggy here until around 11 ish in the morns but not as thick this morn so hoping for another nice day,but sounds like we need to make the most ov it as rain be in for fri and weekend boo hoo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Gloomy start to the day here, but i hope the sun comes out later as going out for a nice meal with the family for my 18th!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Day 3 of gloom underway. Dear oh dear.

Posted

We had some sun yesterday but otherwise it's been cloudy and grey all week here. Cold and foggy last night, temp down to 1.7c and up to a max of 9.9c today.

Posted

Today was the first day all week here that the sun completely failed to break through the cloud. Next week looks like it might be sunnier for all of us in Wales, but also colder with frosty nights.

As mentioned in other threads GFS didn't cover itself in glory last week and underdid cloud amounts, and while it wasn't a bad week weather wise, was not as good or as warm as GFS suggested.

Again overnight we missed the heaviest of the rain. and only a few mms here at moist. Of course there are some heavyish looking showers moving east, and this may give some heavy rain later on. But so far this year, rainfall is lower than average, especially during February and March.

Posted

New home for my weekly guide:

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/309/entry-4374-weather-guide-sunday-18th-to-saturday-24th-march-west-wales-and-central-midlands-specific/

Dodging the showers today, decent sunny spells, beefy Cb's constantly tracking over the Cardigan Bay coast to the NW all afternoon.

Posted

Woken up by heavy rain this morning, which turned to big fat flakes of snow. Stopped now though.

Min: 1.2c

Current: 2.7c

Posted

Cold and frost, -1c already.

Posted

Sharp frost very white.

-4c.