Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Autumn Weather Discussion

J10

Posted

Looks like a relentless barrage of sleet here. You never know though, the temperatures could be a degree or so lower than forecast and the snow could be more widespread. It wouldn't be the first time (though it's rare; the temperatures are usually higher than forecast instead!)

Posted

Some very heavy showers (rain) blowing in on a strong wind off the sea here now, and joy of joys, next door have put up a wind chime outside my bedroom window!

Edited by KTtom

Posted

Some very heavy showers (rain) blowing in on a strong wind off the sea here now, and joy of joys, next door have put up a wind chime outside my bedroom window!

With your elevation should see plenty of snow with a covering no problem. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

With your elevation should see plenty of snow with a covering no problem.

Afraid not mate, not saying I'm low down here but I've got seaweed as a front lawn :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Aberporth hardly ever get snow cover.

Posted

Should have put in jackfrost not you lol.

Posted

Started raining here about half an hour ago, now still raining but with a lot a hail and a small amount of sleet mixed in. Temp is 3.6c and dp is 1.6c, so I was surprised to see the odd sleety flake but they are definitely there. Not sure if the main band tomorrow morning will miss west of here though. If it hits then we may get some snow, don't expect any proper snow before then.

Posted

Light sleet/hail mix, plenty of snowflakes in there though. Temp is 1.9c and the wind is picking up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

It's snowing back home in Deiniolen, North West Wales! I'm jealous! Getting colder here in central Cardiff though currently 5.4C

Posted

Lluwchwynt/ Blizzard conditions

Mae 'na tua dwy fodfedd o eira yma @800 troedfedd

There are approx. 2 inches of snow here @ 800 ft

Edited by Penderyn

Posted

Just had a message from Mum in Deiniolen, looks quite bad there, no electricity and around 6/7cm of snow has fallen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Snowing steadily in Glyn Ceiriog, roads clear, sounds worse than it looks, as strong wind coming from south driving snow before it. Good thing about working from home, don't have travel in feelthy weather, bad thing is no excuse for not getting to work....

Posted

More snow here than during the winter and still snowing very heavily.

Temp: 0.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Snowing here, not sticking to anything though.

Posted

Snowing lightly here for the last hour or so, put not sticking. Due to wind it looks heavier than it actually is. Temp 1.5c, dp -0.4c. Looks like more precip to come later but would expect temp to rise as day progresses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temp here 6C so anything that falls will be of rain, going to Cardiff later with a friend for a few drinks so i hope we don't get too wet :mellow:

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Temp 4 or 5 C here should drop when rain arrives could give a few flakes

Posted

Just phoned home, things are quite bad in Deiniolen, although Llanberis and Caernarfon only saw sleet until this morning which has now also turned to snow. They've also just had their electricity back after going off early this morning.Here in Cardiff a few raindrops and a temperature of 5.9C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Still snowing steadily here, in strong Wind, not really settling at this part of the valley, but I bet, judging from car roofs passing my window, that further up the valley will be sticking and drifting. No more power cuts as yet, but just got call from mum in Hognaston, snowing, windy, misty and power out.