Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The Southeast - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

What's the point of being kooped up indoors on a weekend, if it's sunny get out there.

Today looks another great day for London town, bar the odd shower, get your self out of the wind and once again the sun will feel pleasant with temps maxing at 13c...

I'm out in my garden every weekend whether its cold, snow, rain, hot or sunny! I am officially obsessed.

13 degrees??

Warmest in UK today Exeter at 11 degrees. London maxed out at 10 degrees.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=daily;type=maxt

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

9°C here, with quite a strong gusts - it's like March winds and April showers all in one day.... most of the showers have been of hail, it's certainly been fun watching the clouds rolling by as I've chillaxed in the conservatory this afternoon

angel.gif

Posted

Had a really heavy hail shower an hour ago temp here 7.5 now. I knew I'd get a shower if I painted my fence! Seems to be ok tho :)

Time for a beer in front of the footy

Posted

.....he's been down my bra most of the morning and then wrapped in a sock to keep him warm! unsure.png

I hope you mean the baby bird not Mr JJ angel.gif

.......I thought it was snowing in Yarmouth for a moment when I saw you had posted in here blum.gif

Posted

I hope you mean the baby bird not Mr JJ angel.gif

.......I thought it was snowing in Yarmouth for a moment when I saw you had posted in here blum.gif

Hi Snowangel!

Well, we have had a couple of hail storms in the past couple of days with thunder and lightning, didn't last long, temperatures constantly dropping, although blue skies today, just very cold.

Poor Mr JJ (Southernman, who doesn't post very often) is outside working in this tonight and is freezing.I've packed him off with plenty of hot bovril.

Posted

So cold here today and I've got a tiny baby bird just six days old, he's been down my bra most of the morning and then wrapped in a sock to keep him warm! unsure.png

All this talk of cold weather and then this post, reminding us all of the often overlooked benefits of a warm front.....

AS

Posted

Accdg to met office site, visibilty locally is 45 km. In the dark! Quite impressive, but I can see some stars so I think they need a better telescope.

Posted

Actually, no, scrub my last, its so lovely out that have got my bikini out and decided to fill the kids pool, we have found a square meter where the wind can't get to us and will be chasing that sun around til dusk, BBQ anyone?!

Yep had a BBQ yesterday - you should have come.

Sun shining again early this morning.

Posted

Looks like today will be our last sunny day for a few. Rain rain rain from tomorrow.

I read yesterday that our drought could last til Xmas....would that mean the hosepipe ban too? Hope not.

I'm liking the prospect towards the end of the month with the trough positioning itself sw UK and pulling up milder air....so perhaps end of April/May could see some thundery potential again. I rinsed almost my whole months data allowance (500mb) last week tracking storms! And I didn't even get a rumble!

So I would prefer it to wait til May so I've got my 500mb again!

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Friday the 13th on the A1m in Cambridgeshire between Sawtry and Peterborough we saw a 'twister' in the sky.

A couple of other motorists stopped on the hard shoulder to take a picture, but I caught it on video with my iPhone.

You can see it on my youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P2xjrrWaFU

I'm not entirely sure whether its a twister or a water spout - as looking at the map there is a large lake in the direction I filmed.

Anyway enjoy the video and did anyone else see it ?

Posted

All this talk of cold weather and then this post, reminding us all of the often overlooked benefits of a warm front.....

AS

LOL! Luckily one of the adult birds has come back today and is looking after the baby, yesterday I was so worried for him all alone in the cold!I just wonder what the adult bird thinks, "hmmmmmmmm I'm sure the baby wasn't wrapped in a blue sock when I left...."

Posted

I'm not entirely sure whether its a twister or a water spout

Wow lucky you.... I wish I had seen it, great video - it looks like a funnel cloud to me as it doesn't appear to touch down but some good rotation going on there good.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I remember seeing a funnel cloud just after leaving work, during the late 1990's in the Colchester area. I'd driven through some extremely heavy rain and then there is was, right in front of me; I'd guess less than 100m away! The rotation was very obvious.

I'm not sure whether it touched the ground and became a tornado, but it must have been a close thing. I was too surprised to stop and properly observe.

On reaching home, I phoned the Anglia News weather number to report it, but no-one answered the phone. However other reports then corroborated my experience.

Nothing like the central plains of the USA, but nonetheless very memorable.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Nice hail shower went through herne bay about 10mins ago :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

A lot of rainfall progged for our area over the next few days.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Just been woken up by a really heavy shower only to find out that it looked pants on the radar!

Posted

Kaddy can go.....

She said she loved my weather photo via an email on a website I was using and asked if she could use it on her blog, I said sure and she never did... I emailed her back asking if she was still going to use it and she never did and didn't reply. There was also once last year on facebook that I asked if the weather was going to be nice for our holiday on the weekend and she banned me. True story, not once did i insult her but behind that beautiful front is a dark core

Guest archiesmummy

Kaddy can go.....

She said she loved my weather photo via an email on a website I was using and asked if she could use it on her blog, I said sure and she never did... I emailed her back asking if she was still going to use it and she never did and didn't reply. There was also once last year on facebook that I asked if the weather was going to be nice for our holiday on the weekend and she banned me. True story, not once did i insult her but behind that beautiful front is a dark core

Lmao! Your a stalker! Sorry just kidding its her loss, dunno what the fuss is all about to be honest! Anyway, seeing as its gonna rain all day hoping to see some thunderstorms today, we keep missing them here!

Posted

she banned me.

I'm warming to her even more now.......

Posted

I'm warming to her even more now.......

Says the guy as a netweather team member :p

Posted

Says the guy as a netweather team member blum.gif

rofl.gif