Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The Southeast - Regional Discussion

Paul

Guest archiesmummy

Can I PLEASE request a favour ?

Between 1.30 and 2.30 a very heavy shower passed over whitstable/herne/herne bay and dropped alot of hail and intense rainfall!. Some of the grass started to go white and there was flooding in parts, what was also very noticable was a temp drop to just 2C it went from 7.5C down to 2C and it looked very sleety/slushy in the hilly parts of herne, kent.

What I need is a radar image of that time and any reports of such a low temp?

Sorry can't help with a chart but my previous post asked that very question about reports of snow in Kent, according to Essex weather on twitter the met office confirmed was very slushy hail, don't know if you saw the pictures in hampshire, on the weather tonight, but was practically a white out but was hail, result of a torrential storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

IS That TETLEY OR PG TIPS MK.? LOL

I don't drink tea......the only PG I like is Pino Grigio, I've had a few of those tonight as it happens :drunk:

MK missed out on all the action today so I'm still in the no storms club for 2012, for now anyway :angel:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Sorry can't help with a chart but my previous post asked that very question about reports of snow in Kent, according to Essex weather on twitter the met office confirmed was very slushy hail, don't know if you saw the pictures in hampshire, on the weather tonight, but was practically a white out but was hail, result of a torrential storm.

It certainly gave the impression of sleet, those temps dropped to 2c as well... Great storm :)

Posted

Some impressive showers and even a bit of hail here over the last couple of days but nothing to compare with this......

Picture of truck stranded in hail north of Amarillo

post-10773-0-78393100-1334234105_thumb.j

Snow plows were dispatched to clear Highway 287 south of Dumas.

http://myhighplains..../?nxd_id=260472

Posted

Had a heavy shower with a little hail in earlier, keeping an eye on the cells forming to my north west now, want to get out of the 2012 no storms club.

Guest archiesmummy

Very foggy and dreary looking here this morning, feels quite chilly too! Noticed some snow on the BBC graphics for Sunday over Norfolk, not amounting to anything according to our Carol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Definitely dreary here at the moment.

It looks like the chilly and unsettled weather is here for most of the rest of this month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Very foggy and dreary looking here this morning, feels quite chilly too! Noticed some snow on the BBC graphics for Sunday over Norfolk, not amounting to anything according to our Carol!

models showing uppers around -6 so could be a few flakes blown in off the n wind. Certainly gonna feel cold but for a proper snow shower we would need uppers of -8 I think which is unlikely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Victor this is the radar image you wanted it is as close to 1.30 as i can get hope it helps.

Victor this is the radar image you wanted it is as close to 1.30 as i can get hope it helps

Hey thanks :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Feels great in the sunshine today, in central London anyway.

Are u one of those peeps I see wearing shorts and t shirt in 10 degrees lol?

About to watch my team get battered in the fa cup.....no goalkeeper is never a good look!

Guest archiesmummy

Seeing the sun today was lovely but is was quite chilly, saw people sitting out like it was 25c, think some people sit out like that just to prove a point. Won't be sitting out like it this week looking at the wind and rain due......

Posted

Nothing wrong with sitting outside, it's Mid April and the sun is very strong, so whether it's 10c or 25c, get yourself in a bit of shelter and it's lovely.

What's the point of being kooped up indoors on a weekend, if it's sunny get out there.

Today looks another great day for London town, bar the odd shower, get your self out of the wind and once again the sun will feel pleasant with temps maxing at 13c...

Guest archiesmummy

Didn't say anything wrong with sitting outside, what I wrote was sitting outside LIKE it was 25c, so wearing shorts, kids in short sleeve t shirts, I was out, I wasn't sat cooped up, I took my kids to the park I just had them in coats coz it was 10c not flipping 25c but I guess you won't agree with that either

Guest archiesmummy

Actually, no, scrub my last, its so lovely out that have got my bikini out and decided to fill the kids pool, we have found a square meter where the wind can't get to us and will be chasing that sun around til dusk, BBQ anyone?!

Posted

Pretty chilly in Reigate. The temp down the road at Charlwood has been static at 7.1c at 10am and 11am but the wind strength has picked up and has now reached the official wind speed level of 'nagging'. So far the nagging wind has told me to cut the grass, do some ironing and take some stuff to to the local tip. The sooner the wind stops being nagging and starts being gently carressing, the better....

AS

Posted

BBQ anyone?!

Yep, Mr D is out there doing it right now - unfortunately for him it just started to hail laugh.png

Guest archiesmummy

Yep, Mr D is out there doing it right now - unfortunately for him it just started to hail laugh.png

Doesn't put men off tho! It's the hunter gatherer in them I think!

Posted

Just back from a very bracing seaside walk! The wind is quite strong and coupled with a temperature of 9c made it very chilly! Nice though, some sunny spells and odd spots of rain making it just like April should be (in my opinion any way biggrin.png )