Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Nevermind, just appears to be another little area of heavy rain forming to my south east again.

Posted

Good too see those having some fun and games on a convective POV, this week has just been a non event around here apart from Wednesday when we had one heavy shower with no distinct sunshine and shower structure to the clouds around here.

Frustrating we are also getting a Northerly with very little PPN reaching here before the Northerly fades away, could of had some snow showers if the Northerly was sustained for a bit longer but it sums up my luck regarding convective weather in these past few months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hs been very frustrating for me. Had I not been stuck in work I would have been able chase and catch something both Wednesday and yesterday, as there were storms to my east, west, north and south. There is potential for more convectiony stuff next week but with stronger winds and thus fast moving showers, it will be an uphill struggle I think to chase anything. However, it may mean more people get to see something.

Some very bright echos between York and Goole.

Posted

heavy rain shower just passed through Castleford, non of the good stuff though.. heading south now...

Posted

The stuff between York and Goole seems to have connected up a bit, and is now heading for Hull.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

All gone a bit quiet here now but quite a nasty little shower popped out of nowhere just east of Bridgwater.

Posted

Seems that at the moment, the entireity of South and West Yorkshire is getting rained on,..

Posted

Heavy rain just to the north of here currently, which is moving slowly south.yet more rain about to arrive shortly.

Posted

I wonder if most of these radar blobs are actually producing precipitation which is reaching the ground?

As that area which just passed over me produced nothing but fall streaks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Well the developing cell to my west looks like it's going to slip too far south of here......shame because from my window it looks like a bit of a bad boy. Wrexham being pummelled

Non electrical though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Been some convective looking skies today with some big looking cumulus clouds and possibly some cumulus-congestus, although skies remaining very hazy looking now with very little cloud about.

Although looking to the West, there is a fair bit of cloud about.

No showers been detected here today.

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

I can see that big blob on the radar to the south of me now as a nice anvil in the twilight, shame there's no electrical activity in it as it would look really nice this time of the evening.

Posted

Currently getting hammered by a large rain shower.. Not a sound of any thunder or the like.

Posted

Currently getting hammered by a large rain shower.. Not a sound of any thunder or the like.

Same here.A lot of rain around here in the last week thats for sure.

Posted

Raining here... for some reason! Radar shows a little shower I guess.

hmm.. must be developing just heard thunder.. nothing else yet tho since rushing to window....

cancel that, just found out it was my neighbours kid on roller skates skating down side of house to the bin..rofl.gif ..

Edited by nanu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

OMFG!!! I don't believe it, Thunder and lightning at night....brings back memories of the 90s!!

Storm 6 this week :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Next Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday look fantastic at the moment!

Posted

OMFG!!! I don't believe it, Thunder and lightning at night....brings back memories of the 90s!!

Storm 6 this week ohmy.png

Where abouts in London are you Robbie?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Where abouts in London are you Robbie?

Walworth Road, I was sitting on my PC and I saw a flash of lightning, 5-6 seconds later a huge rumble of Thunder, had to go on Twitter to check it out and apparently it was correct. From looking out the window another cell forming as the vis is very poor to my west.

What is causing thunderstorms at this time of night across London???

Posted

Walworth Road, I was sitting on my PC and I saw a flash of lightning, 5-6 seconds later a huge rumble of Thunder, had to go on Twitter to check it out and apparently it was correct. From looking out the window another cell forming as the vis is very poor to my west.

Nocturnal cloud top cooling? Although perhaps a bit too early in the year for that, but never say never. ATD has lightning, albeit west of the actual cell but it's reasonably correct.

Posted

its the heat of london (always warmer no matter what time of day) clouds just get energy from the city, especially if they are slow moving which is what happened today, also got moisture from the thames itself, so another added bonus.. can confirm saw lightning light up the top of cb,, but is a very isolated small shower tho, so dont know if this will develope further.