Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 part 3

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Bit of a dark cloud over my house, although it doesn't quite look powerful enough to produce anything at the moment, though hoping some of that heavy stuff to the West will reach here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Certainly looking good for the West Midlands currently, already got a couple of weak storms on the go - one of them over Stafford as has been reported above. CZ and insolation to my W/NW should see some rather interesting developments during the next few hours.

Yep, models do show our region to have some the most showers this afternoon. Nice bands forming and quite a few torrential cells to be had around here this afternoon.

Potential drops off after today. Another chance Tuesday perhaps and tomorrow for some Northerners but after that it quietens down...at last! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Yep, models do show our region to have some the most showers this afternoon. Nice bands forming and quite a few torrential cells to be had around here this afternoon.

Potential drops off after today. Another chance Tuesday perhaps and tomorrow for some Northerners but after that it quietens down...at last! :lol:

Don't rub it in :p....... Well done to those finally getting a storm today :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

thunderstorm just to my NW.....coming from the same line of showers that passed through Stafford 20 mins or so earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Cell to my west might be coming your way Kain so heads up...

Yep mate am looking out my livingroom window at the beast. Nice gustfront on it too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Hopefully it won't be too long before we get a SW, S or SE airstream to bring in some storms en masse to the southwest. Cloudfarts seem to have been the main source of excitement since 2009, until which point we did alright for storms here.

On a brighter note (pardon the pun), the skies are clearing a bit of the low cloud crud that's been around all morning and there are some very big cbs appearing to the southwest and west of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Another popcorn storm day today, lots of little storms passing through.

Some more on the radar coming this way, but look like they have no real potency about them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some nice Mammatus here now. :D

Posted

Right under the gustfront now, other than wind its done nothing lmao...such a tease this weather lately :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

bugger....updraft is decaying rapidly...lightning detector was showing lightning within 10 miles of my location to the NW....now nothing but some light/moderate rain....don't you just love these pulse type storms?! doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Something more organised to the NW of here.. but this happens a lot and they often decay.. so it's a game of wait and see.

Some intense rainfall in the Midlands right now, I bet those people from Telford (with their famed weather shield) are happy!

Posted

Lots of thunder about 8 miles to the South of here. Sadly it only really got going once it reached the North Sea. More clouds building inland towards Chelmsford & Braintree, hopefully these will give us a 'direct hit' storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

wow that stuff coming into the home counties and London is picking up intensity!

Heading my way at all?

Posted

bugger....updraft is decaying rapidly...lightning detector was showing lightning within 10 miles of my location to the NW....now nothing but some light/moderate rain....don't you just love these pulse type storms?! doh.gif

Indeed AJ Its fun watching but can make your blood boil too. I do ofter wonder if we all secretly get off on the hit and miss nature of UK storms. The chase seems as good as the storm itself!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Still dry with sunny intervals at Cleadon and skies having that rather washed-out 'coastal' look to them, cumulonimbus cells locked out to the west. I think the next few days will be non-events unless the wind changes direction to something in the western half of the compass.

Posted

its the new goverment tax on thunderstorms. only us rich folk in the south east can afford them now.....

Actually when Labour goverments are power we do seem to get nearly as many storms as the south east up here, it really does seem like thatblum.gif

Bloody tories

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

(lol) Feel kinda about the times when I complained about all the very heavy showers seeming to miss here, when I just had a small hailstorm occur here with some hailstones around 1cm big. Settled on the ground a bit, too, although has starte to melt.

post-10703-0-30132300-1335103492_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,heavy rain,hot summer days,snowy winters.

Nice hailstorm in Coventry now

Posted

ok, I faked a headache to come home early from work *gasp* - what's due for Heathrow!!!??? now is blustery, grey and mizzly rain......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

its the new goverment tax on thunderstorms. only us rich folk in the south east can afford them now.....

They tax everything else - why not thunderstorms!!!!!