Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May 2012

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

loads of lightning and thunder to south east, is there a cell developing? Surely I'm not hearing the one over essex?

If that's the one I'm watching from the SE, you're in for a treat. I've been up for the last 10-15 minutes and on average it's flashing away over 15-20 seconds worse case scenario, sometimes once every 10 seconds!! Absolutely stunning to watch from here :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Just round the corner from you it seems Harry,i`ll bring the beer you get the pizzas in! :D

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

YES :D :D

THUNDERSTORM!!

Posted

If that's the one I'm watching from the SE, you're in for a treat. I've been up for the last 10-15 minutes and on average it's flashing away over 15-20 seconds worse case scenario, sometimes once every 10 seconds!! Absolutely stunning to watch from here biggrin.png

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY big blue flash from somewhere behind me.....OH AND ANOTHER, in really quick succession!!! No thunder though so can't be too close!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY big blue flash from somewhere behind me.....OH AND ANOTHER, in really quick succession!!! No thunder though so can't be too close!

AND ANOTHER - WE HAVE LIFT OFF IN KENT!!!!!!!!

AND ANOTHER!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! Just need thunder now to cap it off.....awwwwweeeeeeesommeeee!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Gah, can't see even a faint bit of a sort of flash in the south, must be too far away

Posted

AND ANOTHER!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! Just need thunder now to cap it off.....awwwwweeeeeeesommeeee!!!!!

AND ANOTHER!!!!!

Heheheheheeeee!! Awesome!!!!!! About 6 big flashes in about a minute, Love it!!! Just hope it keeps some gusto on its journey this way :yahoo:

HUUUUUUGE flash that one.....lol....I'm beside myself now!!!!

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Please send some this way. You lot in the SE have had more than enough this month. And im still waiting for my first storm of 2012! Hurry Up Please! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

AM soooooooooooooooooooo glad I didnt go to sleep!!! I can see that little cell over N London - lighting up like a nutter!!!

Some great flashes, in such a short area of the sky! Awesome! Orange, blue, pink, white flashes....hahaha!! Sat here, balcony door wide opening, nice warm breeze blowing over my feet, with a Cb firework display going off about 20 miles away! Bliss!!!!

Far more active a cell than I was anticipating tonight....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more active!!!!!!

I kinda take back what I said this morning.... Sorry Harry!!! ahahah

Posted

Please send some this way. You lot in the SE have had more than enough this month. And im still waiting for my first storm of 2012! Hurry Up Please! laugh.png

The good news is that its heading in your direction it just needs to keep its strength.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

It's going up the M2 towards sittingbourne e.t.c :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The good news is that its heading in your direction it just needs to keep its strength.

Haha fat chance of that happening! laugh.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Incoming!!!!!!!!! Lol from the Only Direction one has not come tonight (SE) Lol this is Great

Wow Huuuuge White Flash to my South just then

You sat on the roof or something.....not seeing it my way....!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It's like a real thunderstorm machine happening out their to the East/South-East with so many potent thundery showers being manufactured. :-O

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

Thunder now...flashing about every 15 seconds or so, sometimes few flashes in a very short space of time.

Raining lightly now with weird distant thunder (sounds like sliding wardrobe doors)

Wow torrential rain now....TORRENTIAL!!!! Lightning getting brighter too....nice peel of thunder there!!!!

BLOODY HELL THIS IS GETTING IMMENSE AS I TYPE!!!!!!!

Posted

WOW!!!! This is MAD!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

All these little storms are very fun....but monster storm is still hanging over Belgium...now about to hit the coast off Brugge. Not yet in the range of the UK radars, but it looks a monster...about the size of Greater London....and it can't seem to decide where to go, North, then East, then North again. I think she is tired from having so many babies....

Posted

Don't be disheartened fellow residents of Kent, I think that we'll see the best of the night within about two hours or three hours,

post-5986-0-60298000-1335826233_thumb.pn

Initiation continues as moisture is continually advecting from under the German/Poland cap and is sucked into an environment with impressive shear and many convergence zones. It appears that the cap has broken in some areas towards eastern Europe, but, fortunately, it is not widespread. Essentially, the fuel is still coming in; even a quick glance at the European radar confirms this. The notion that it is night time is irrelevant tonight, surface temps really - unusually for the UK - seem to have nothing to do with these storms formation or dying so the expectation is that storms will last until the latent energy in a parcel of air is released as moisture condenses is finally used up.

Also, synoptically, as the LP moves SW out into Biscay, the track of these storms will turn more westerly, until we are left we a NE flow tomorrow morning. Slightly worried as storms like this tend to follow anything but the isobars, and I guess we'll see.

Happy hunting all,

:)

Just before I pressed go, lightning observed (CC) and thunder heard some 15 seconds later at my location. Can see the stars and the moon, and this one appears home-grown rather than an import - if that's the case, then that tongue of moisture is initiating storms in the UK in advance of MCS imports expected later!!! Me = excited or wot :)

Posted

Harry,that one 30 secs ago was amazing! Must have been over your head.

Nope...flashes still coming from behind me which is eerie as I don't have a view anywhere to my East!!!

WOW!!! These are frequent and getting closer and closer......

Posted

gutted!!!!! i dont even think we have had rain, let alone any lightning or thunder!!!!! im just on the coast near brighton, utter tosh!!!!!!!!