Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May 2012

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Please send some this way. You lot in the SE have had more than enough this month. And im still waiting for my first storm of 2012! Hurry Up Please! laugh.png

I wish...this is the 1st ive seen in a while here (due to the Braintree Shield...which has had a malfunction tonight good.gif ) Will try and steer these your way!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

All these little storms are very fun....but monster storm is still hanging over Belgium...now about to hit the coast off Brugge. Not yet in the range of the UK radars, but it looks a monster...about the size of Greater London....and it can't seem to decide where to go, North, then East, then North again. I think she is tired from having so many babies....

Sod Belgium!! I'd be happy with this in July mate!!!! Flashing every 10 seconds or so now....thunder getting louder too :yahoo:

OOOOOH closer stilll!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

This is proper tropic styley!!

And another...about three flashes and rumbles of thunder (MAKE THAT FOUR) in the last 15 seconds!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!

Posted

Can someone please tell me which direction the storms in the south east are heading? Thanks.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

What time are we expecting the cells from europe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Don't be disheartened fellow residents of Kent, I think that we'll see the best of the night within about two hours or three hours,

post-5986-0-60298000-1335826233_thumb.pn

Initiation continues as moisture is continually advecting from under the German/Poland cap and is sucked into an environment with impressive shear and many convergence zones. It appears that the cap has broken in some areas towards eastern Europe, but, fortunately, it is not widespread. Essentially, the fuel is still coming in; even a quick glance at the European radar confirms this. The notion that it is night time is irrelevant tonight, surface temps really - unusually for the UK - seem to have nothing to do with these storms formation or dying so the expectation is that storms will last until the latent energy in a parcel of air is released as moisture condenses is finally used up.

How long do you think storms will continue to keep being 'born' for? :)

Posted

Fairly frequent flashes now just to the east of Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire) :)

Posted

onionsTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTING HELLL!!!!!! HUGE CG just hit about 100 metres from ROCHESTER CATHEDRAL!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Think I'm going to make myself ridiculously tired for work tomorrow and for nothing... but I just can't leave the radars as stuff seems to keep popping up for people out of nowhere. Come on.. that stupid weak/dry slot that keeps directing itself towards Gloucestershire needs to get lost! mad.gif

Posted

onionsTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTING HELLL!!!!!! HUGE CG just hit about 100 metres from ROCHESTER CATHEDRAL!!!!!!!

RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY APARTMENT....THIS IS NOW VERGING ON SCARY!!!! NUTS!!!!!!!

I wish I had a video camera.....this is good for USA!!!!! I'm not joking....flashing every 10 seconds or less....that last CG right in front of my window scared the crap out of me!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

WOW,who needs the lights on,that one was sooooooo bright! Rain is REALLY coming down hard.

Posted

Think I'm going to make myself ridiculously tired for work tomorrow and for nothing... but I just can't leave the radars as stuff seems to keep popping up for people out of nowhere. Come on.. that stupid weak/dry slot that keeps directing itself towards Gloucestershire needs to get lost! mad.gif

If nothing happens by 1am im out.

Posted

You think I'm being melodramatic I'm sure....this is unreal!!!! Not seen a storm like this since the USA, and in the UK for YEARS!!!

Surely people near this location must be seeing this!! Madness!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Look at my sigbad.gif think its time to movesorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Can someone please tell me which direction the storms in the south east are heading? Thanks.

go on, have a look at a radar and give yourself a treat...

What time are we expecting the cells from europe?

on the 23.51 , the 0041 and the 0117

fe%^ me!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Look at my sigbad.gif think its time to movesorry.gif

Keep it together! That storm here the other night was from nowhere out of your direction! Cracker it was! Wishing for a storm for us two!

Posted

Still going....this by FAR exceeds anything I'd have dreamed of for tonight!!! There's bolts and flashes to my north and west and a multitude of flashes coming from behind me to the East!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Don't be disheartened fellow residents of Kent, I think that we'll see the best of the night within about two hours or three hours,

post-5986-0-60298000-1335826233_thumb.pn

Initiation continues as moisture is continually advecting from under the German/Poland cap and is sucked into an environment with impressive shear and many convergence zones. It appears that the cap has broken in some areas towards eastern Europe, but, fortunately, it is not widespread. Essentially, the fuel is still coming in; even a quick glance at the European radar confirms this. The notion that it is night time is irrelevant tonight, surface temps really - unusually for the UK - seem to have nothing to do with these storms formation or dying so the expectation is that storms will last until the latent energy in a parcel of air is released as moisture condenses is finally used up.

Also, synoptically, as the LP moves SW out into Biscay, the track of these storms will turn more westerly, until we are left we a NE flow tomorrow morning. Slightly worried as storms like this tend to follow anything but the isobars, and I guess we'll see.

Happy hunting all,

smile.png

Just before I pressed go, lightning observed (CC) and thunder heard some 15 seconds later at my location. Can see the stars and the moon, and this one appears home-grown rather than an import - if that's the case, then that tongue of moisture is initiating storms in the UK in advance of MCS imports expected later!!! Me = excited or wot smile.png

Turn more westerly? From where I'm at they couldn't be more westerly if they tried rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Anything for Gloucestershire heading this way? and the midlands and Wales of course? you lucky lot down South grrrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Hey Harry it's developed a white core :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Ah man, look at that MCS forming south east of the destination East Anglia one... this has Kent/London written all over it.

561172_10150708834568341_735173340_9433922_1727429376_n.jpg

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

Still going....this by FAR exceeds anything I'd have dreamed of for tonight!!! There's bolts and flashes to my north and west and a multitude of flashes coming from behind me to the East!!! SOD thundery rain, this is a WICKED thunderstorm by any standards for the UK!! In the past 15 minutes I've seen about 50 flashes of lightning easily!!!