Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May 2012

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Burnham on sea cell exploded from nothing now. I expect Canvey will be next - perhaps the shemanator will be in luck on his home patch when he should be away!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Low level cloud here streaming in from an E/N'Erly direction, while upper level cloud continues on the NW'rly path!

I haven't seen a flash of lightning at night since June 2010!!!! My luck has to change soon surely! Not seen so much as a flicker from anything to our North and East (mind you my skyline is limited to a pan from N to SW)

I'm rather concerned for kent, if you look at the euro radar we are in a gap between two lines of storms/intense rainful going way into europe... We could end up with it on both sides :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Low level cloud here streaming in from an E/N'Erly direction, while upper level cloud continues on the NW'rly path!

I haven't seen a flash of lightning at night since June 2010!!!! My luck has to change soon surely! Not seen so much as a flicker from anything to our North and East (mind you my skyline is limited to a pan from N to SW)

I had a flash of lightning the other week + one rumble of thunder, was at about 2200hrs... was amazing :p

Sorry mate :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm rather concerned for kent, if you look at the euro radar we are in a gap between two lines of storms/intense rainful going way into europe... We could end up with it on both sides sad.png

Yep that's my fear, unless something develops in between or the clusters eventually merge as was progged to do.

I had a flash of lightning the other week + one rumble of thunder, was at about 2200hrs... was amazing blum.gif

Sorry mate blum.gif

You can naff off, lol (not that I'm bitter in the slightest) rofl.gif

Right, I'm tired so am off for my shower then bed! Plus the better half is giving me that "what you staying up for?? Oh yeah, f*** all!"....lol...nag nag nag!! Still, my phone will be virtually cuddling me in case anything pops up, plus will set an alarm for 2am so I can have a check!

Night all, good luck!!!

Edited by Harry

Posted

burham on sea???, its only across the birstol channel

Crouch then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

steady big raindrops here on mendip , but nothing big yet ,lightening out to the far southeast . looking at radar the worst in our area is down south somerset ,waiting for next imports ,probably after midnight .looks like it will all link up later in the night ,perhaps a large area of thundery rain will develope hampshire dorset and move n/west, probably becoming v slow moving with some early storms developing with the sun during the morning ,just had a goood flash and lights dipped must go out for a fag /back / 2 flashes towards the south and east ,rain becoming heavier gone very clammy ,regards drinks.gif

Posted

Am in the clear slot but to see Cb Tops this clear in the Uk is a joy to behold, Can see the Cauliflower Top just to my North absolutely clear as day, something else to my North East now as well, probably the Burnham on Crouch Cell Chino!

Posted

Am in the clear slot but to see Cb Tops this clear in the Uk is a joy to behold, Can see the Cauliflower Top just to my North absolutely clear as day, something else to my North East now as well, probably the Burnham on Crouch Cell Chino!

You enjoy I'm off for shut eye - hopefully I will get woken by a big bang later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

First time I've seen night time lightning in 6 years

Posted

Hmm, just had a rumble of thunder and both known cells are out of range now. Surely not number 3?

Posted

Looks like I'm going to take a direct hit, hopefully they stay electrified! Haven't seen much for a while doh.gif

Lol

You must have seen that One - Lit up the Whole Sky!

Posted

steady big raindrops here on mendip , but nothing big yet ,lightening out to the far southeast . looking at radar the worst in our area is down south somerset ,waiting for next imports ,probably after midnight .looks like it will all link up later in the night ,perhaps a large area of thundery rain will develope hampshire dorset and move n/west, probably becoming v slow moving with some early storms developing with the sun during the morning ,just had a goood flash and lights dipped must go out for a fag /back / 2 flashes towards the south and east ,rain becoming heavier gone very clammy ,regards drinks.gif

any thunder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The air smells very sultry, very distinct smell.

Posted

Greetings all,

Glad we seem to have some action tonight, it's been long awaited blum.gif

Nothing to report from Buckinghamshire at the moment, let's see what the rest of the night brings.

Radar looks fairly interesting atm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

The cell which has just developed over Burnham-on-Crouch looks to be hitting Chelmsford now, and is following a line towards Luton. Not sure if it's electrified yet....only a matter of time I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

any thunder?

Not being funny or anything but my 'Made in Chelsea' was interrupted, don't know if it's the weather or not, but rain seems heavy outside.

Posted

Something strange going on here with Converging Onshore Winds just off the East Coast which is making these Cells intensify for about 20-30 minutes and then die off, watch the radar from the Essex Cells move almost due west against the normal flow.

I'm rather concerned for kent, if you look at the euro radar we are in a gap between two lines of storms/intense rainful going way into europe... We could end up with it on both sides sad.png

Don't think that 2 things... okay... quick bit of editing ready!!..

This is what I can see from the latest radar grabs...That lot in the red has been building up and up and up...heading for KENT! ;)

post-12648-0-07377000-1335823279_thumb.j

The green area..Stuff over France is dieing out....

My personal opinion :) And don't forget out "prime time" is about 12-3 time :) when all of us will be sleeping lazy.gif more like...cray.gif or...biggrin.pnggood.gif or one last one ...fool.gifdoh.gif