Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May 2012 Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

I'm normally very sceptical when it comes to these sort of things and this cell doesn't look anything out of the ordinary but I swear to god I saw some rotation on its leading edge, the likes of which I've only seen when chasing out in the states. No funnel cloud or anything but definite roation in the rising air near the condensation level/cloud base.

I'm guessing it could just be something caused by the gust front but it looked great nonetheless. Headed over central London and behind buildings too soon. :(

I thought the same but wasn't sure. I recorded it will try to put vid up later see what people think

Posted

I thought the same but wasn't sure. I recorded it will try to put vid up later see what people think

mega_shok.gif Wow, thought I'd be the only one who saw it or that I was just going mad. Well done for getting it on video.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Had a lovely thunderstorm earlier this afternoon - thankfully I was on site in Commercial Road (E14) and it kicked off right over head.

Some lovely loud crashes of thunder :yahoo:

I've now equalled the same number of storms I had for the whole of 2011 and we've not even moved into prime season yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Quite a good storm that in SE5, some decent amount of t & l. Didnt know there was potential today.

Posted

Had two heavy hail showers today.Then around 17.35 the skies went black and i thought game on but all that came was heavy rain. So still waiting for somthing thundery. But i have high hopes this year as there does seem to be a lot around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

verry heavy hale,rain showers with thunder and lightning just after 3pm here in brum.

Posted

Congratulations to all those who got the thunderstorms today. This Spring is certainly turning into a good season so far.

As I was leaving work at Heathrow at 3pm this afternoon the skies looked absolutely ominous, darker than I can recall seeing them for very long time. Mid-afternoon almost became midnight. No sound and light show unfortunately but some heavy rain followed by small hail for a time. Most noticeable thing to me was just how cold it was.

7c in the middle of May is really not what I want to see !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Missed everything again! ,,,jeez am I unlucky or what this convective season.?...and the really ironic thing?.....My village gets hit by a decent thunderstorm around 3pm with plenty of CC's & a couple of CG's, big booming thunder, large hail...sounds good doesn't it?.....Just a damned shame that I was 50 miles away working at the time! doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Skies turned very dark at around 2.40 in the afternoon bringing heavy winds & hail showers.

Another tornado today in Oxford?

Credit to Mark Neal for this capture:

As9iy21CAAAJFeT.jpg

Edited by Delta Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Still in the NSC here depite spherics being detected all around during the past month or so. A full year without a storm now.....wonder if we can make it 2 :o

Posted

Nothing here again. Spring has been rubbish for me, not a single rumble heard.

I have been looking at holidays to Florida. Over there I would hope to see a storm or two.

Posted

Nothing here again. Spring has been rubbish for me, not a single rumble heard.

I have been looking at holidays to Florida. Over there I would hope to see a storm or two.

Had some heavy looking Storm Clouds here in Morley about half hour ago nothing came of it, Florida in Hurricane season for me this year, last time i went this is what happened

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

A few drops of rain here in North Watford missed some pretty heavy showers by a few miles, no thunder heard today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'll have to move to the Midlands - time was when people used to envy anyone in Norfolk/Suffolk, now we just get a pitying look and a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.....cray.gif

Posted

now we just get a pitying look and a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.....cray.gif

I don't think that has anything to do with your weather type though!!!!!rofl.gif

Posted

A quieter period coming up but that activity around the 23rd/24th May still showing, but currently not anything like as extreme as shown a few days ago, and maybe no convective activity at all!:

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png

156_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Could be a kent clipper for sunday/monday , some storms will be flirting with the s.e. if the low tracks as forecast, we need Mutley and his fan to blow the low north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Skies turned very dark at around 2.40 in the afternoon bringing heavy winds & hail showers.

Another tornado today in Oxford?

Credit to Mark Neal for this capture:

As9iy21CAAAJFeT.jpg

I thought I witnessed one whilst travelling south down the A34 that very same day. I will have to check the timings etc. but I remember some big storms were apparent due West of where I was at the time. The only thing I did wonder was whether I was seeing a rain wrapped downburst but it appears not?

Cheers and well done Mark. good.gif

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Not sure if Sunday will be close enough across the water for coastal areas of South Kent or Sussex to hear/see anything:

60_20.gif

gfs_cape_eur60.png

gfs_layer_eur60.png

gfs_lfc_eur60.png

gfs_spout_eur60.png

gfs_lapse2_eur60.png

gfs_stp_eur60.png

gfs_pw_eur60.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Coast, I am returning from Berlin on Sunday night (from Munich via connecting flight) into Heathrow, you reckon it could be a bumpy one?

Routing normally runs over Hanover, Enschede, Amsterdam, and then out over the North Sea.

Posted

Coast, I am returning from Berlin on Sunday night (from Munich via connecting flight) into Heathrow, you reckon it could be a bumpy one?

Routing normally runs over Hanover, Enschede, Amsterdam, and then out over the North Sea.

Might be too late for any action, but keep the camera handy over the Netherlands!

21OWS_ATLANTIC-EUROPE_FITL_THUNDERSTORM-STANDARD_12052006.GIF

Charts only go out to first thing currently:

21OWS_ATLANTIC-EUROPE_FITL_UL-TURBULENCE-STANDARD_12052006.GIF

http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/index.cfm?section=Hazards

HiRLAM shear:

hir_stp_eur60.png

Might be fun!!!! bad.gif

hir_srhl_eur60.png

blwindshear.curr.1200lst.d2.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A purely unscientific observation but the skies around my area appear to have a look of potential thunder about them. I wonder if we could get a surprise development come up from France way before Sunday’s possible action.

Currently temperatures are on the slide here after some sunnier interludes this morning. Right now in Newbury, it is 14.4c (Max 15.6c), Dp 10.3c with a steady barometer reading of 1002.5hpa.

The radar is showing some bits and pieces of rain down south and in the English Channel right now, sat24 looks interesting too.

Cheers

"Straw clutcher" gottolovethisweather

Posted

A purely unscientific observation but the skies around my area appear to have a look of potential thunder about them. I wonder if we could get a surprise development come up from France way before Sunday’s possible action.

Currently temperatures are on the slide here after some sunnier interludes this morning. Right now in Newbury, it is 14.4c (Max 15.6c), Dp 10.3c with a steady barometer reading of 1002.5hpa.

The radar is showing some bits and pieces of rain down south and in the English Channel right now, sat24 looks interesting too.

Cheers

"Straw clutcher" gottolovethisweather

Glad it's not just me LOL!!

Much warmer day today than of late, despite the cloud not the hint of a chill/coolness in the air. Plus, the sky was covered in altocumulus undulatus this morning, something you frequently see the morning after plume thunderstorm events.

I've also got my eye on the weekend....action will come very close, all it takes is a slight shift in the patterns!

Posted

Glad it's not just me LOL!!

Much warmer day today than of late, despite the cloud not the hint of a chill/coolness in the air. Plus, the sky was covered in altocumulus undulatus this morning, something you frequently see the morning after plume thunderstorm events.

I've also got my eye on the weekend....action will come very close, all it takes is a slight shift in the patterns!

And to think I have always regarded you as the expert, please don't lower yourself to my level. ohmy.pngnonono.gif

Nevertheless, something is definitely up as the precipitation band around East Wales is expanding and perhaps the stuff down south is doing just the same. Whether, the atmosphere is sufficiently primed and fired up, I will leave that to others including yourself, Harry to decide. good.gif

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

And to think I have always regarded you as the expert, please don't lower yourself to my level. ohmy.pngnonono.gif

Nevertheless, something is definitely up as the precipitation band around East Wales is expanding and perhaps the stuff down south is doing just the same. Whether, the atmosphere is sufficiently primed and fired up, I will leave that to others to decide. good.gif

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Hehehe...I can assure you I'm no expert. I can say categorically however that (sadly) the atmosphere is in no way primed for thunderstorms for our part of the world, despite some of the deceptive conditions around.

It's perhaps one of the best cloudy days we've had, lol!!