Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May 2012 Part 2

Posted

Here we go storm fans, a whole new thread to fill with marvellous mumblings about convective activity - potential and actual!

ibv7QK44PIsrzb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Here we go storm fans, a whole new thread to fill with marvellous mumblings about convective activity - potential and actual!

ibv7QK44PIsrzb.gif

thats a nice bulber lightning shot coast.

Posted

thats a nice bulber lightning shot coast.

Not mine, just a cut and paste I'm afraid! smile.png

Posted

I know this isnt to do with the UK but i recently returned from Nigeria and Cameroon and i have to say, if we get anything like the thunderstorms they get over there, i will be very very happy! (lightning strikes every second - literally).

Here's hoping!

Posted

I know this isnt to do with the UK but i recently returned from Nigeria and Cameroon and i have to say, if we get anything like the thunderstorms they get over there, i will be very very happy! (lightning strikes every second - literally).

Here's yesterday's action in Africa and Europe in one gif:

Movie_of_Lightning_in_EurAfrica_BIG.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Here's hoping!

As a result of the mass amount of heating they have in the day and the fact it's the ITCZ. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

ITCZ,

inter tropical convergence zone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Its the same in india and bangladesh.

Posted

ITCZ,

inter tropical convergence zone?

Yeah they form over this region, head out to the Atlantic becoming organised into tropical depressions and then tropical storms and then Hurricanes.

Hurricane_Life_Cycle-2.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

come on gang cant we cook up some interestig weather for next week , is that something interesting coming in for next monday ,followed by some good lows with plenty of rain to help the drought in the south ,where have all the posters gone , hang about iv just seen a reply flash up but i cant check on it cause i dont know how ,will have to post this first or i will lose it .still learning but i get too many distractions with the weather ,cheers .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

come on gang cant we cook up some interestig weather for next week , is that something interesting coming in for next monday ,followed by some good lows with plenty of rain to help the drought in the south ,where have all the posters gone , hang about iv just seen a reply flash up but i cant check on it cause i dont know how ,will have to post this first or i will lose it .still learning but i get too many distractions with the weather ,cheers .

Hey legritter,smile.png any more news on this coming Monday? could we be in for a storm?biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Nothing all that obvious that I can see unfortunetly!

post-12721-0-16048900-1336069389_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

even all gang rofl.gif yes it could be a very interesting time again next week .we have plenty of fronts around ,and the possibility of low pressure over us but as always the detail will come later .that sun is getting stronger by the day ,we will also have some cold air in the melting pot ,so JANE LOUISE air_kiss.gif AND ACTIVE WEATHER DUDE drinks.gif [JUST A BIT OF FUN ] AND ALL THE OTHER GANG MEMBERS drinks.gif HERES TO MOTHER NATURE .ONE OF THE BEST STORMS IV SEEN APART FROM THE GREAT BRISTOL STO RM OF 1968 WAS IN MAY 1999 HELL BLITZESO AMAZING ,MY SON GOT MARRIED AND RECEPTION AT BRISTOL GOT FLOODED IN ABOU T30MINS . BUT AS ALWAYS WHAT LOOKS GOOD FOR US COULD BE ANYWHERE ACROSS U K blinkin caps lock , hope everyone gets something PS that front across mid seems to be pepping up a tadge ,cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I agree legritter! May 27th was an absolute corker, then just when we though it was all over, it kicked off again on May 29th - two fantastic thunderstorms. I think they are two of the earliest thunderstorms I actually remember by date.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I really would like to see some decent convective potential soon with none of the marginal rubbish of late where the Cb's just flattened as quickly as they formed. Bring on the first Spanish plume of the season - something akin to last May would suit me smile.png

Come on Miss Mother Nature.... You know you want to good.gif

Edited by Liam J

Posted

I really would like to some decent convective potential soon with none of the marginal rubbish of late where the Cb's just flattened as quickly as they formed. Bring on the first Spanish plume of the season - something akin to last May would suit me smile.png

Come on Miss Mother Nature.... You know you want to good.gif

Watching the golf this afternoon & I think Spain would quite like a Spanish plume!

Posted

You know France isn't really that far away - as long as you aren't swimming to it or expecting storms to cross to us!!!!!

post-6667-0-32594900-1336120073_thumb.pn

21OWS_ATLANTIC-EUROPE_FITL_THUNDERSTORM-STANDARD_12050412.GIF

12_20.gif

12_48.gif

gfs_icape_eur12.png

gfs_layer_eur12.png

But if you were swimming, you wouldn't want to come ashore to spouts would you??

gfs_spout_eur12.png

Posted

You know France isn't really that far away - as long as you aren't swimming to it or expecting storms to cross to us!!!!!

A serious amount of activity over there and in many parts of Europe this afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Does anyone know a website from which I could get hold of old lightning maps for the each day for the UK, i.e. going back to the early 1990s as well as the more recent 2000s and 2010s as the wetterzentrale one seems to die on December 11th 2007. Thanks.

Posted

A serious amount of activity over there and in many parts of Europe this afternoon!

Same again today for our French neighbours by the look of it and nothing much showing for us until the start of next weekend:

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png

Better in Scotland on Tuesday/Wednesday, but not nailed on obviously at this great range.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Same again today for our French neighbours by the look of it and nothing much showing for us until the start of next weekend:

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png

Better in Scotland on Tuesday/Wednesday, but not nailed on obviously at this great range.

Hi Coast,

I am thinking that could upgrade further. As there are some high 850's knocking on our doorsteps during the latter part of next week, the French with their elections over can send us their home-growns. good.gif

I live as ever in hope.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

If only!

post-2719-0-17603300-1336214987_thumb.pn

Edited by Supacell

Posted

If only!

Being fair, the way this year is going so far in terms of activity, I wouldn't be surprised. The fact that the Azores High is non-existance compared to previous years, means there may be a good chance lurking for some fantastic storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

If only!

Along with my previous post it must be NAILED on now. clapping.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather