Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fed Up With Overcast, Rain And Cold?

Mostly sunny again today. It hasn't rained here for three days.

Smug mode.

kryten.jpg

Has it been cold outside though. lol

Decent weather here since last Saturday although a little rain this evening,

Posted

It's been chilly in the shade, but the strong May sun is making it feel much warmer than you'd expect at 12C.

There's also been much less of a breeze today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Even Faeroe Islanders would complain if they got a spring this awfulhelp.gif

No.. they wouldn't.

Posted

i guess if we get a nice anticyclone that lasts for 10 days you would soon get fed up of it won't you Aaron, and would find it tedious

Posted

Yeah I would.. but I wouldn't complain about it endlessly, lol

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Reading this thread i must say i do agree with village this weather is getting boring and i never fell for the glowble warming and i don't think i will.

Posted

No I'm not fed up with overcast,rain and cloud; quite the opposite. I'm grateful for not having my retinas frazzled while ever I'm awake, happy to be able to sleep during the day after doing nights,without feeling like I'm in a sauna and having the dreadful sun blasting through the inadequately dark curtains. Happy that every moment spent at work doesn't feel like I'm in the middle of some nightmare marathon. I fear that there will be a very heavy price to pay for this spell of wonderful weather,and the feeling that I'm "getting away with it" with each passing day is starting to trouble me. I try to think positive and remind myself daily that the longest day is almost upon us and closing in,albeit painfully slowly. At the top of the slope then,and although I know the heat and yuck is still to come,the fading of daylight hours is inexorable bar some kind of planetary catastrophe. Roll on October.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

No I'm not fed up with overcast,rain and cloud; quite the opposite. I'm grateful for not having my retinas frazzled while ever I'm awake, happy to be able to sleep during the day after doing nights,without feeling like I'm in a sauna and having the dreadful sun blasting through the inadequately dark curtains. Happy that every moment spent at work doesn't feel like I'm in the middle of some nightmare marathon. I fear that there will be a very heavy price to pay for this spell of wonderful weather,and the feeling that I'm "getting away with it" with each passing day is starting to trouble me. I try to think positive and remind myself daily that the longest day is almost upon us and closing in,albeit painfully slowly. At the top of the slope then,and although I know the heat and yuck is still to come,the fading of daylight hours is inexorable bar some kind of planetary catastrophe. Roll on October.

Your living in the right country, especially in the North, it could be a whole lot worse in terms of heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I have to say that I've got rather tired of the persistent cloud cover here in the North East (not bothered so much by the rain, but rather the dominance of stratus and winds off the North Sea).

Next week may or may not provide some relief- it looks a lot more promising than it did yesterday with the high ridging further south, but ideally I need the southward trend to continue. I know it will be frustrating if I end up sat under stratus, hearing about the wonderful warm sunshine that most other parts of the country are experiencing and being told, "you have no right to be dissatisfied with your weather- you may have thick stratus but it's still settled and warm", like happened during the 1st-10th June 2007. I expect to move inland in the near future which may reduce the incidence of such experiences. But on the evidence of this morning's GFS and ECMWF it might well end up a case of dry sunny weather but a bit cooler than in other parts of the country, which would at least shift this cloud cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Laserguy in this country you are definitely better off than the hot sun lovers around!

We're on the cloudiest places in the world and considerably cooler than anywhere else (in general) on our latitude in summer. Our winters days are extremely short too.

I'd say think yourself lucky but to me it sounds like your condition is anything but luck... Still glad someone has enjoyed this vile couple of months!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

. Still glad someone has enjoyed this vile couple of months!

And guess who else has?

I'm steeling myself now for what looks like an inevitable blast of summery weather next week although the Met ' Office 16-30 day forecast does offer me further hope.

Posted

Look, it's taken a lot of hard work to get some warm, dry weather set up for the Jubilee (and it's not even guaranteed yet) - so I don't want any moaning from anyone. Right! diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

And guess who else has?

I'm steeling myself now for what looks like an inevitable blast of summery weather next week although the Met ' Office 16-30 day forecast does offer me further hope.

Well it goes without saying! :lol:

Glad you've enjoyed it but its my turn now :)

I'll hand back the reigns in late September... (heres hoping!).

Posted

Are my eyes deceiving me? Warm, sunny weather forecast for next week! I might actually be able to get started in the veg garden, well behind on last year.

I'll be very glad to see the back of this dismal weather, during the past 6 weeks I think I can count all the days with a temperature above 10c on one hand, 18/19c showing for next week with feel tropical!

Posted

yet another vile, dull day which wouldn't look out of place in october

next week we should make the most of the pleasant spell as i bet it won't last as long as the models make out

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks like the northern two-thirds of the country are strongly favoured for a dry sunny day on Monday, with dry sunny conditions almost nationwide on Tuesday, but from Wednesday onwards the easterlies set in. If the GFS is to be believed the Tyne and Wear area looks good for four days of sunshine and daytime warmth, but the UKMO/ECMWF outputs could restrict this area to just a couple of such days.

Essan's "no moaning from anyone" post reminds me of the scenario that I described in my previous post- with a warm airmass and easterlies, a warm dry cloudy scenario (with the warmth stemming from high night-time minima) is a distinct possibility over the Jubilee weekend for eastern areas, though western areas, particularly the north-west, look favoured to hold onto some warm sunshine. It's a long way off of course, and the high could end up eroded from the SW, or it could settle on top of the country bringing warm sunshine almost everywhere.

Posted

Your living in the right country, especially in the North, it could be a whole lot worse in terms of heat.

Laserguy isn't so lucky - South Yorkshire in summer is often a UK hotspot - especially Doncaster. He needs to move to Shetland or Orkney.

Posted

Look, it's taken a lot of hard work to get some warm, dry weather set up for the Jubilee (and it's not even guaranteed yet) - so I don't want any moaning from anyone. Right! diablo.gif

Yes Jubilee weekend is a while off yet, but high pressure to the NE can be a very stubborn beast.. it would be sods law if it got eaten way by the time the jubilee weekend occured, especially as normally bank holiday weekend would be next weekend..

The weather during the queens coronation and 25th anniversary on the throne were dissapointingly cool and dreary with cold north/north easterly airstream and I don't believe the golden anniversary was much cop either..

Posted

As I've known and feared for a long time,the wonderful conditions of the last few weeks have been replaced abruptly by exactly the type of weather I can't tolerate. The transition is as shocking as driving along happily in the car without a care in the world,then the next moment being at the centre of a pile-up. Gotta leave the house and my darkened room soon,into the withering sun and suffocating warmth. My palms are sweating and my coordination is wrecked;picking up something like a cup ends in spillage. Really can't function normally at all,thinking about dark winter days gives fleeting relief before some sound outside snaps me out of my reverie and back into the awful reality of now and the things I have to do.

Posted

Seriously it might be worth seeing someone about that!

No one should have that kind of aversion to a bit of warmth & sunlight. It really isn't hot either - just slightly warm...

Posted

i can understand people not liking heat, or even warmth as it can make you sweaty and tired, but sunlight, really ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

While I don't mind warmth when I'm going on holiday or having time off work, I've never been a fan of anything above about 20-25c in England unless it produces thunderstorms! I suffer from hayfever and due to shift work its almost impossible to sleep during the day during warm summer days. I've actually invested in air conditioning for my apartment to help with that and its currently set to a very comfortable 16c! I must have icelandic or arctic genes in my body as I rarely have the heating on in the winter as it is.

Posted

Seriously it might be worth seeing someone about that!

No one should have that kind of aversion to a bit of warmth & sunlight. It really isn't hot either - just slightly warm...

I'd have thought temps in the low to mid 20s are above slightly warm.

I'd class that as hot, especially for May, which isn't even summer.

The only good thing about today so far is the shower that I'm desperately in need of.

Edited by rob48