Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fed Up With Overcast, Rain And Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Seriously it might be worth seeing someone about that!

No one should have that kind of aversion to a bit of warmth & sunlight. It really isn't hot either - just slightly warm...

He just dislikes sun and warmth, no big deal, I know plenty of people who dislike both and have no illnesses.

Anyway the sun can be annoying at times, an overcast day can be rather comforting.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I'd have thought temps in the low to mid 20s are above slightly warm.

I'd class that as hot, especially for May, which isn't even summer.

The only good thing about today so far is the shower that I'm desperately in need of.

Hot is 30+ imo, because let's not forget temperatures are classed as in the shade and not in the sun, it feels almost hot in the sun, but in the shade it's just pleasant, 28-30C upwards even without sun feels quite hot, so classed by in the shade, hot is not 23-25C.

Posted

He just dislikes sun and warmth, no big deal, I know plenty of people who dislike both and have no illnesses.

Anyway the sun can be annoying at times, an overcast day can be rather comforting.

yes it can be if we had clear skies all the time, but we don't, so overcast skies are rarely comforting they are far more tedious than having sunny weather all the time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The topic has come up before- Laserguy probably has some variant of "reverse SAD", where sunlight creates depression (unusual in this country but supposedly more common in countries which have abundant sunshine). It's a known issue though and not symptomatic of mental issues or anything like that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

As I've known and feared for a long time,the wonderful conditions of the last few weeks have been replaced abruptly by exactly the type of weather I can't tolerate. The transition is as shocking as driving along happily in the car without a care in the world,then the next moment being at the centre of a pile-up. Gotta leave the house and my darkened room soon,into the withering sun and suffocating warmth. My palms are sweating and my coordination is wrecked;picking up something like a cup ends in spillage. Really can't function normally at all,thinking about dark winter days gives fleeting relief before some sound outside snaps me out of my reverie and back into the awful reality of now and the things I have to do.

I can see your point, Barrie: I've been doing a lot of outdoor stuff over the past six weeks and, to be honest, the relative coolness has been a godsend. Today, in contrast, has been almost too hot.

Cometh the Ice Age, eh?good.gif

Posted

I can see your point, Barrie: I've been doing a lot of outdoor stuff over the past six weeks and, to be honest, the relative coolness has been a godsend. Today, in contrast, has been almost too hot.

Quite agree with you on this one.

I've been grubbing out some hedgerow in the garden after work and the sweats absolutely poured out of me.

All this and it really isn't hot either, just slightly warm, apparently.

Probably my own fault for not working in the shade!

Edited by rob48

Posted

Hope so,Pete. Well,a little one anyway! Well,another day survived and it's been total hell at work;feel like I've ran 10 marathons. No-one can seriously wish for this! Ah for cool Autumn rain...

Posted

well i finished off some work in the workshop this morning, then spent most of the day trying to bring some order to my jungle of a garden, then washed the land rover, after doing some small repairs which have had to wait due to the fact its peed down for weeks. i then got the chilli simmering on the hob whilst i bat- watched with a beer in hand, on a beautiful summery evening. i sweated buckets, got burned shoulders, but i loved every minute. this is how summer should be. if winter would comply with the seasonal ideal then i would be very happy...

Posted

Hope so,Pete. Well,a little one anyway! Well,another day survived and it's been total hell at work;feel like I've ran 10 marathons. No-one can seriously wish for this! Ah for cool Autumn rain...

I'll be doing some remedial stuff in my bro's garden this afternoon...Oh dear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I won't be!

Posted

In two weeks time we may be getting a fed up of all the hot humid weather thread.

I don't think I will be. Temperatures look cooling down just a notch, to near-perfect levels and humidity looks to fall too, correcting the two main things wrong with this spell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It's happened a fair bit in recent summers- we've had lots of people hoping for a hot spell, and then when it comes (late July 2008, late June in 2009 and 2010) threads complaining about the heat have appeared. The bottom line is that the weather can never please everyone, although of course some types of weather please more than others.

I doubt I'll be complaining anytime soon if this Atlantic trough/Euro high setup verifies.

Posted

I won't be!

Me neither...

Posted

I already am! It's just too far in the other direction now ....... Why can't we get sunny weather and 20c in this country?

It's gone from being too cold or wet to work in the garden to too hot to work in the garden :(

Edited by Essan

Posted

Look, it's taken a lot of hard work to get some warm, dry weather set up for the Jubilee (and it's not even guaranteed yet) - so I don't want any moaning from anyone. Right! diablo.gif

whistling.gif

It was supposed to be warm, dry and sunny - not very hot and humid! Though BH looks better :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Having only being able to experience this spell of weather in the evenings so it's been great as temps are holding up long into the evening.

Working out in the garden at midday might have been different though!

Posted

Having only being able to experience this spell of weather in the evenings so it's been great as temps are holding up long into the evening.

Working out in the garden at midday might have been different though!

I'd disagree there.

Mornings haven't been too bad.

Today for example was reasonably fresh until lunchtime.

It's from about 2.30 onwards that the heat really intensifies and the humidity shoots up and then it becomes unbearable (for me, and slightly warm for you) and as far as i'm concerned the rest of the day's a write-off.

I'll have to be up about 5-ish at the weekend if I want to get anything done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I've done a lot of garden work recently in 24C - 26C temperatures.. I got very, very sweaty but I didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I wonder how long it will be before we see a thread titled 'fed up with dry sunny warm weather'..

1 more day ?? but mods wouldn't allow it

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

sick to the back teeth of this cool, cloudy, wet dross now, it feels like it gets worse every summer, sorry just needed a moan

though who knows july and august could be baking and we will look back on one of the best summers ever

then i woke up

Posted

Looks like it might just about last until the solstice, so that'll be the first milestone out of the way.