Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fed Up With Overcast, Rain And Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

but where are you from ohno? you are lucky unless you live in the NW midlands, horrible area today looking very wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Another day of incessant grey overcast skies , and sleety rain today, swept in by a rather biting westerly wind. Feels more like November than May. And this is going to sound really strange but....I guess its down to the overcast conditions but here, even when it brightens (rarely) its like...its like the light is a lot "dimmer" than it should be for this time of the year. Walked son to school ten minutes ago and there were still cars with headlights on etc. More like an early winters morning. Prob just subjective I know, but has anyone else noticed the same? And the nights dont seem to be drawing out much! Sorry if it sounds crazy but thats how Im perceiving it at the moment! Can't remember a spring quite like this!

Posted

so as i arrive at work freezing cold for may with a temp of just 6 degrees i wonder when this will ever improve. Sunday was a fab day, feels like a lifetime ago!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Sleety rain in this area.. I dont think so, it's cold, but not that cold.

As for the cold, well for me, this surely is the coldest April-May I've seen in my conscious lifetime - I hope never to see such rubbish again. Unfortunately however it looks like invading summer as well as it currently stands.

Not very promising with cold weather for the forseeable future up here. Even with settled spells it looks cold for the time of year. I am disappointed in this weather.

It has not sleeted today though, I can categorically say that.. very cold though, more like January

Posted

Seriously miffed off here given it's now the middle of May and not even the average temps have been met, let alone a dry day for months (or what feels like it.) March was the last time I was able to sit in the garden or go hiking without worrying about taking much prep in the cause of rain, now it feels like anytime I even go to the shops I have to don a wetsuit and 3 layers. If this was early Spring/Autumn it could be forgiveable, but not a month close to Midsummer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Sleety rain in this area.. I dont think so, it's cold, but not that cold.

As for the cold, well for me, this surely is the coldest April-May I've seen in my conscious lifetime - I hope never to see such rubbish again. Unfortunately however it looks like invading summer as well as it currently stands.

Not very promising with cold weather for the forseeable future up here. Even with settled spells it looks cold for the time of year. I am disappointed in this weather.

It has not sleeted today though, I can categorically say that.. very cold though, more like January

It was very early on, for a brief period, around 5am. We had a short shower of hail at about 6am. Had to put the heating back on today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Heating on, coat on and a shivering ride home against the vile east wind. I cannot remember such a poor April & May as this. Normally I'm a big spring fan and enjoy the mix of cold Arctic feeds & showers in April then a warm spells and the arrival of light evenings. But this year we've only got the light and even that is tempered by the cloudy skies. At least we had a decent weekend so not quite as fed up as I was.

But really - this is so unpleasant. If summer bounces back then maybe all is forgiven...

Posted

Fine dry morning, cloud build after noon.

Hail, sleet and a cracking thunderstorm by 3.00pm

Now it's going fine and clear.

What's the problem?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Nah! I LIKE the weather in the UK. Yes, the cold gets a little monotonous especially now it's May, but I'd sooner have this than live any where else on Earth. The warmest summers that I can remember where, 1975/6, 1983, 1990, 1997, 2003, 2006. As for global warming, I don't know anything about it. I leave that to the boffins. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Fine dry morning, cloud build after noon.

Hail, sleet and a cracking thunderstorm by 3.00pm

Now it's going fine and clear.

What's the problem?

It's too cold for the time of year essentially. This is great early April weather but its two weeks from the start of summer with maxima around 12c.

In itself a day like this would be fine even in mid May if there had been some warmth before it.

It's costing a fortune to keep heating this late into the season - it's now a clear 7 and a half months since I had a period of not needing the heating on at some point in the day (back to early Oct) and that already short window we get in the UK for warmth is getting smaller & smaller all the time. You cool lovers don't know how good you get it!

Posted

It's too cold for the time of year essentially. This is great early April weather but its two weeks from the start of summer with maxima around 12c.

In itself a day like this would be fine even in mid May if there had been some warmth before it.

It's costing a fortune to keep heating this late into the season - it's now a clear 7 and a half months since I had a period of not needing the heating on at some point in the day (back to early Oct) and that already short window we get in the UK for warmth is getting smaller & smaller all the time. You cool lovers don't know how good you get it!

Really?

I had an extended weekend break in a cabin in the Forest of Dean and it was dry and sunny all the time and I got a bit too warm walking up the hills!

Had to open all the windows every evening.

Posted

Sunday was the first time I was actually able to sit on grass with friends that wasn't wet or damp since March. Two days of decent weather, which by May's standards wasn't really that warm. But due to the tedious cold, overcast weather it felt like a bloomin' heatwave. However, it looks like the same situation is going to happen throughout the rest of this month. Rain, cloud, the occasional hour of sun and cold. I really can't see this changing any time soon. Looks like we're stuck with it, I'm afraid.

Another largely sunny and dry day here, although cool in the wind, bring sheltered from the majority of the showers helps though.

Much better than around a fortnight ago when we were having the worst of the showers, and around an inch of rain (or more) every week.

Posted

Really?

I had an extended weekend break in a cabin in the Forest of Dean and it was dry and sunny all the time and I got a bit too warm walking up the hills!

Had to open all the windows every evening.

Yes the weekend was indeed nice and Sunday I actually *didn't* have the heating on at all! Admittedly we were running around gardening/cleaning but still it was nice to have the window cracked a bit and not be in centrally heated air for once.

But a day like Sunday was a bare minimum for being warm enough - it wasn't sitting out weather unless in direct sunlight which came and went a lot, especially in the cloudier afternoon.

And that was only one day!

Posted

Another day of incessant grey overcast skies , and sleety rain today, swept in by a rather biting westerly wind. Feels more like November than May. And this is going to sound really strange but....I guess its down to the overcast conditions but here, even when it brightens (rarely) its like...its like the light is a lot "dimmer" than it should be for this time of the year. Walked son to school ten minutes ago and there were still cars with headlights on etc. More like an early winters morning. Prob just subjective I know, but has anyone else noticed the same? And the nights dont seem to be drawing out much! Sorry if it sounds crazy but thats how Im perceiving it at the moment! Can't remember a spring quite like this!

Well, today didn't turn out too badly in the end! It's been sunny all afternoon and evening here.

Weird weather this. It was only 12C today with a chilly wind, but because of the strong sunshine I couldn't possibly wear anything over a T-shirt without getting sweaty and uncomfortable. The sun can also burn you very quickly now if you're not careful - I've actually built up a nice tan over the past couple of weeks despite mostly lacklustre temperatures.

Posted

This weather is so draining and makes me feel ill, another day today to add to the list this spring that didnt even reach double figures.

You can just bet that just like the weekend here tommorows high will bring a sheet of stratocumulus that lasts till 5pm just like the weekend did.

It's the fact that this weather has gone on and on here since 2007 now thats so dreary, Telford has become the cloud capital of the UK, even Stornoway has more sunshine than here :lol:

Posted

What I am finding most frustrating about the weather at the moment is how poor temperatures are - can't remember a May like it when I am still having to wear my winter raincoat on most days and when so far I have only left my windows open once one afternoon - compare it to the last 10 days of March when the windows were open most days and I left the flat with my light summer jacket or no jacket at all never mind the winter raincoat..

There has been a role reversal in fortunes this year.. what we had during mid feb to late march is what we should have had these last 6 weeks and vice versa..

The immediate prospects are dire.. thursday and friday single digit maxima and rain followed by yet another cool cloudy windy weekend.

Many people are still in winter mode despite the summer solstice being only 5 weeks away. Watch us have another late summer fest in late sept/early october - far too late, now is the time of year when we can maximise the extra sunlight and hold onto the fuzzy pre summer feeling with the prospects we hope of a glorious summer to come, none of these feelings occur by september.

Ahh had to get that off my chest..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ALL WEATHER, NOT THE PETTY POLITICS OF MODS IN THIS SITE

Welcome to the club.

Posted

ROFL even on the supposed best day of the week, with the BBC showing not a cloud in the sky on the weather maps it's been raining all morning here.

Posted

These ridges of high pressure have been such dissapointments as they always bring 90-100% coverage of stratocumulus by 10am and it doesnt clear up until after 4pm, combining this with maximums of 9-13c all the time its just not bearable to sit in the garden in for me.

After all this grot I demand June has 0-10% cloudcover throughout and temperatures of 21-25c :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

today ok ,yesterday was dire ,7. 30 pm last night travelling across the mendips was like mid winter ,hail ,sleet cold wind ,we stoped in our favourite lay by for a fag and it was raw ,wouldnt be surprised if father you know who popped up . saw some brilliant cloud scapes but no camera on board ,cheers

Posted

dear me so we finally get rid of the cold nights, but now that is going to be replaced by the usual may easterlies and yet more slate grey skies

so although my crops won't die from the cold they will get battered by the wind, when will this horrid weather end ?

February reached 16c here a few times, we have only had 16c here about 3 times this month, i will actually get excited if the charts were showing temps of 18c that is how bad it is right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Nah! I LIKE the weather in the UK. Yes, the cold gets a little monotonous especially now it's May, but I'd sooner have this than live any where else on Earth. The warmest summers that I can remember where, 1975/6, 1983, 1990, 1997, 2003, 2006. As for global warming, I don't know anything about it. I leave that to the boffins. smile.png

Yeah, nothing like 5 days of forecasted cloud all day to get my heart pumping.rolleyes.gif