Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

By the way I broke the 100 Likes barrier yesterday tease.gif wowowowowo!!!! blum.gif

I wish him all the very best..He "should" be okay depending on how quickly that rain moves north..I think in all honesty the South and South east threads are the cool crew..We never argue we only debate and we have a laugh! Christmas party this year?? smiliz39.gifdrinks.gifsmiliz19.gif

Seriously, I'd be up for a meet some time.drinks.gif

Off to Costco in Mk later, shall I get the drink in readyrofl.gif

Seriously, I'd be up for a meet some time.drinks.gif

Haha yes! Lets get something together...Where is a good place though :/ The south is a big old place..And I bet if we book a Christmas do...It snows like 4 feet just for the fun :) And I am of to Tunisia with the girlfriend for a week in early September (First holiday together) :) They have 43 degrees out there at the moment LOL!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Haha yes! Lets get something together...Where is a good place though :/ The south is a big old place..And I bet if we book a Christmas do...It snows like 4 feet just for the fun smile.png And I am of to Tunisia with the girlfriend for a week in early September (First holiday together) smile.png They have 43 degrees out there at the moment LOL!

Sod that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Pretty hefty downpours on the radar clipping SW coast at the moment.... should become interesting this side of the UK mid afternoon? - Keep us posted with activity in your area!

I've got my torch ready... just in case...

Stay safe everyone :)good.gif

Jo x

Posted

UK Met Office chart via 21st OWS has the wind right the way through tomorrow morning:

21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_WIND-TEMP_SFC_36_00Z.png

windsym.gif

Posted

looking at the radar people on the south coast should get the boats ready that rain looking very heavy coming from france

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

I agree. I'm also not excited by the prospect of this. In fact this run of weather is getting on my nerves, although it's a wasted emotion, as I can do nothing about it.

I think damage will be mostly limited to power supplies caused by tree damage. Let's face it too, a powerful summer storm won't have the same potential as a powerful winter one.

hi speed.

I largely agree, tho a tree in full leaf could be more vulnerable at this time of year compared to same wind speeds with no leaf in winter.

Met have me down for 45mph at its peak 1600 tomorrow. i really hope not!

Posted

looking at the radar people on the south coast should get the boats ready that rain looking very heavy coming from france

Blimey yes!!!! Just extrapolating the animation into a general direction, looks like time for the wellies later!

post-6667-0-82833300-1339061382_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Embedded T-storms?

you never know! Probably nothing more than a rumble in the heaviest bits, rather than any actual storms. A rumble will do me fine :)

Certainly does look very heavy doesn't it

Posted

Which bit? The heat ? Im loving it !!! less than 3 months from today tease.gif Go north a little from Tunisia and they are getting 47-49 degrees lol!! You can't go out in that you would die blum.gif

That heat is no big deal, nothing unusual for Tunisia in June, don't know what all the fuss is about, bet it won't be as hot as that anyway, certainly not in my area....

Sorry, couldn't resist!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Embedded T-storms?

Just a handful at the moment.....

post-6667-0-57072300-1339061614_thumb.pn

That heat is no big deal, nothing unusual for Tunisia in June, don't; know what all the fuss is about, bet it won't be as hot as that anyway, certainly not in my area....

Sorry, couldn't resist!

AS

Hehe I been looking into it because it's the first time I have been to Tunisia and last year they had an unusually warm summer with temps staying well into the high 30s until October :p

3-5pm tomorrow looks like the peek of the winds for "down south" (our region anyway)

12060815_0706.gif

KTS to MPH 5 Knots = 5.8 MPH 10 Knots = 11.5 MPH 15 Knots = 17.3 MPH 20 Knots = 23.0 MPH 25 Knots = 28.8 MPH 30 Knots = 34.6 MPH 35 Knots = 40.3 MPH 40 Knots = 46.1 MPH 45 Knots = 51.8 MPH 50 Knots = 57.6 MPH 55 Knots = 63.4 MPH 60 Knots = 69.1 MPH 65 Knots = 74.9 MPH 70 Knots = 80.6 MPH 75 Knots = 86.4 MPH 80 Knots = 92.2 MPH 85 Knots = 97.9 MPH 90 Knots = 103.7 MPH 95 Knots = 109.4 MPH 100 Knots = 115.2 MPH 105 Knots = 121.0 MPH 110 Knots = 126.7 MPH 115 Knots = 132.5 MPH 120 Knots = 138.2 MPH 125 Knots = 144.0 MPH 130 Knots = 149.8 MPH 135 Knots = 155.5 MPH 140 Knots = 161.3 MPH 145 Knots = 167.0 MPH 150 Knots = 172.8 MPH

Posted

Which bit? The heat ? Im loving it !!! less than 3 months from today tease.gif Go north a little from Tunisia and they are getting 47-49 degrees lol!! You can't go out in that you would die blum.gif

You think as a 19 year old like myself, that sort of heat would be a dream tied in with endless days of sunshine. In reality I prefer cold snowy days, I hate being couped up inside like a budgie because it's way too hot! Take me to Canada in the Winter please!

Posted

is coast on here is my eyes going daft is their possible tornadoes over france

You think as a 19 year old like myself, that sort of heat would be a dream tied in with endless days of sunshine. In reality I prefer cold snowy days, I hate being couped up inside like a budgie because it's way too hot! Take me to Canada in the Winter please!

Im 18 ;) and nah I love the heat I like snow...But prefer heat! :)

that rain could cause some local flooding imo...Good 2-3 hours of rain and its not light stuff..

Posted

Im 18 tease.gif and nah I love the heat I like snow...But prefer heat! smile.png

that rain could cause some local flooding imo...Good 2-3 hours of rain and its not light stuff..

The heaviest stuff I've seen in years (from a frontal system)

Guest QuantumSnow

Blimey that really is heavy looking stuff. Looks like some us are going to get soaked later

Posted

is coast on here is my eyes going daft is their possible tornadoes over france

Its a very real possibility as I think they will get almost every kind of weather out there today!!!!!!

gfs_stp_eur12.png

gfs_srhl_eur12.png

Blimey that really is heavy looking stuff. Looks like some us are going to get soaked later

It does look like it will be very moist in Sussex this afternoon!!!

gfs_prec_eur12.png

Posted

Looks like I may have to stay in at lunchtime

post-6667-0-59954200-1339066590_thumb.pn