Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted

europesat_600x405.jpg

Joy... Tonight's rain and tomorrow I am sick of this weather...

Hi Surrey

In fairness, you flagged this a few days back and said it could be damaging and I've just seen that the weather warning for Cornwall and the western half of Devon is now an orange warning. Looks like a good call out that you made. I wonder if that orange warning will get over to our neck of the woods and possibly even, hard to credit I know, as far as Essex .....

AS

Posted

Hi Surrey

In fairness, you flagged this a few days back and said it could be damaging and I've just seen that the weather warning for Cornwall and the western half of Devon is now an orange warning. Looks like a good call out that you made. I wonder if that orange warning will get over to our neck of the woods and possibly even, hard to credit I know, as far as Essex .....

AS

they to-night are saying 60 mph and for this sort of storm in JUNE ARE RARE!!!! SO BE READY dont park cars near trees or walls

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I was going to share this on Facebook or Twitter, but I though it would be appreciated more on here. Of course the weather is always interesting to some of uslaugh.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18296086

Hi Surrey

AS

Thanks really appreciated...I spotted on the models and it started to show and show each run and come tonight and tomorrow afternoon we will have a good understanding of the lows potential it looks quite nasty...Not only the strong winds but the amount of rainfall too..On met monkey the higher posters are going with over 100mm of rain in some locations over the next 2 days...If you can believe that..

Posted

I was going to share this on Facebook or Twitter, but I though it would be appreciated more on here. Of course the weather is always interesting to some of uslaugh.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-18296086

Thanks Dub, I'm torn now between (i) pretending that your link is really dull and would appeal only to sad obsessives and (ii) reading it avidly and trying to talk about it with my family (thus catapulting me into sad obsessive category). Not sure I come out of this well whichever way I go. Oddly enough, I am now sitting on my own.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Guest archiesmummy

That's cool too, ok, kids can get their own food tomorrow! Lol

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted

they to-night are saying 60 mph and for this sort of storm in JUNE ARE RARE!!!! SO BE READY dont park cars near trees or walls

Park my car near a wall? Are you serious? Do you really think 60mph gusts will blow bricks down. Come on...

I've had and witnessed 60/70mph gusts here in the past and I can tell you that no walls were blown down. Maybe the odd tree in Epping forest...

I have to say I do find everyone's enthusiasm and dramatics regarding this low pressure quite amusing at least. Good entertainment.

So I shall post again Friday evening and let you all know how I got on with the damaging horrendous winds.

I'll be sure to warn my neighbours to prepare for the worst.... Haha😄

Posted

PPVE89.png

low pressure over the south west and ireland tomorow luchtime

looks pretty wet here

isobars not too tight so only slight breeze

PPVG89.png

low pressue system looks to have shifted slightly

further north here

isobars have tightened further so wind more noticeable

although 30-40mph which is not bad at present

looks very wet, flooding issues possible from this

PPVI89.png

this is when the stronger will happen

very hard to get speeds from these but 50-60 mph gusts possible

looks like showers from this and not heavy rain.

anyone following these things will know that the track wont be known

exactly until the day.

most accurate is radar watching

gfs shows this

48_30.gif

54_30.gif

met office warnings

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I think I'll read the joke links in the morning, as really tired now. I'm sure they'll be worth reading.smile.png

Probably my poor diet over the bank holiday catching up with me. For instance Monday started with no breakfast and during the day I ate some chocolate, 4 slices of cake (someones birthday, who was given a very large cake) a cheeseburger and all washed down by 12 or 13 pints of beer - a beer festival and barbecue in my local. I reckon I've had few days in my life with a worse diet than that.ohmy.png I was wondering how long it would take for scurvy to set in with that kind of dreadful eating, even forgetting the beer element.

Still looking very windy (more so than it did last night and will be earlier) I reckon there will be lots of power outages, due to tree damage. Hopefully that'll be the worst of it and no-one is seriously injured or worse. Unfortunately there'll probably be that sort of story as part of this event.sad.png

Night all.

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

I'm not really expecting any damage from this low imby, but coastal areas and sw UK could see some damage if the track and intensity verifies as predicted.

I have zero enthusiasm for wind at this time of year.....even 30-40mph will not be good for my plants!

Posted

I think I'll read the joke links in the morning, as really tired now. I'm sure they'll be worth reading.smile.png

Probably my poor diet over the bank holiday catching up with me. For instance Monday started with no breakfast and during the day I ate some chocolate, 4 slices of cake (someones birthday, who was given a very large cake) a cheeseburger and all washed down by 12 or 13 pints of beer - a beer festival and barbecue in my local. I reckon I've had few days in my life with a worse diet than that.ohmy.png I was wondering how long it would take for scurvy to set in with that kind of dreadful eating, even forgetting the beer element.

Still looking very windy (more so than it did last night and will be earlier) I reckon there will be lots of power outages, due to tree damage. Hopefully that'll be the worst of it and no-one is seriously injured or worse. Unfortunately there'll probably be that sort of story as part of this event.sad.png

Night all.

i reckon with your diet today

wind will be a problem for you

but not from outside rofl.gif

Posted

I'm not really expecting any damage from this low imby, but coastal areas and sw UK could see some damage if the track and intensity verifies as predicted.

I have zero enthusiasm for wind at this time of year.....even 30-40mph will not be good for my plants!

I agree. I'm also not excited by the prospect of this. In fact this run of weather is getting on my nerves, although it's a wasted emotion, as I can do nothing about it.

I think damage will be mostly limited to power supplies caused by tree damage. Let's face it too, a powerful summer storm won't have the same potential as a powerful winter one.

i reckon with your diet today

wind will be a problem for you

but not from outside rofl.gif

You would think so, but I don't really suffer like some do with this problem. Obviously others in your company can make you suffer with their personal problems though.bad.gif

Posted

Still looking pretty lively for overnight into tomorrow especially in my part of the World:

30_21.gif

36_21.gif

GFS has the main gust area now further North over land more than the coast:

48_25.gif

gfs_gusts_eur30.png

54_25.gif

gfs_gusts_eur33.png

HiRLAM still tracking more along the Channel:

hir_gusts_eur30.png

hir_gusts_eur33.png

looking pretty rough...I wouldn't want to be travelling on the Ferry to France tomorrow thats for sure X.D

the stuff that I was looking at yesterday is now pushing up from France...Very heavey rain embedded in that...I think its being pulled North by the low approaching am I right or being an idiot lol!

Posted

Still looking pretty lively for overnight into tomorrow especially in my part of the World:

Jim Bacon recently said 40-45 mph gusts for Essex tomorrow, which is obviously less than predicted here.

We can only wait and see what happens.

Posted

We can only wait and see what happens.

Exactly!! I shall have my hand held anemometer ready for some really geeky wind reports live from Sussex!!! rofl.gif

Only if you like trance music tease.gif

Yep, love it!!!!

f015.gif

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

looking like their some very heavy rain now coming from france should get here by the afternoon

I saw this yesterday and predicted it to move North...I am doing pretty well I must say ;) I think...This is not part of the low approaching our shores..But..Met office are showing it joining forces with the Low as it moves in...

Posted

looking pretty rough...

Oddly, that's how I feel!

Back at the office in Harefield today - a damp drive from home this morning and the breeze has picked up a bit now. Youngest has gone to his cricket course, let's hope he gets his full 4 hours in before the rain arrives.

John Holmes on the model thread is pretty downbeat about dry and warm prospects over the next 10 - 15 days, though I do find dropping in there a trying experience due to the argumentative nature of some of the posters, which the mods seem to spend a lot of time dealing with. Not like here. Mostly.

AS

By the way I broke the 100 Likes barrier yesterday ;) wowowowowo!!!! :p

Oddly, that's how I feel!

Back at the office in Harefield today - a damp drive from home this morning and the breeze has picked up a bit now. Youngest has gone to his cricket course, let's hope he gets his full 4 hours in before the rain arrives.

John Holmes on the model thread is pretty downbeat about dry and warm prospects over the next 10 - 15 days, though I do find dropping in there a trying experience due to the argumentative nature of some of the posters, which the mods seem to spend a lot of time dealing with. Not like here. Mostly.

AS

I wish him all the very best..He "should" be okay depending on how quickly that rain moves north..I think in all honesty the South and South east threads are the cool crew..We never argue we only debate and we have a laugh! Christmas party this year?? smiliz39.gifdrinks.gifsmiliz19.gif

By the way I broke the 100 Likes barrier yesterday tease.gif wowowowowo!!!! blum.gif

I wish him all the very best..He "should" be okay depending on how quickly that rain moves north..I think in all honesty the South and South east threads are the cool crew..We never argue we only debate and we have a laugh! Christmas party this year?? smiliz39.gifdrinks.gifsmiliz19.gif

Off to Costco in Mk later, shall I get the drink in readyrofl.gif