Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted

Down in this part of London it rained heavily from about 9 pm yesterday evening on through much of the night. Now drizzle and 11.3. At the moment, not a breath of wind.

Posted

Down in this part of London it rained heavily from about 9 pm yesterday evening on through much of the night. Now drizzle and 11.3. At the moment, not a breath of wind.

Yeah it does seem SE/south London had more rain than the north last night.

Here in NE London it stopped raining around 1am

I have just watched Carol K on BBC Breakfast and her graphics are no where near what is being shown on the radar at the moment, the rain is about ten miles to the north of me in Bedford. I suppose it could pull back down again although even the met office web site seems to be different from her forecast at the moment.

Posted

That drizzle/mist looks pretty thick on the Thames, judging by the TV pictures just now. I think a spell of 6 Music followed by a walk on the beach is required to avoid Jubilee Overload Syndrome!

AS

Posted

I have just watched Carol K on BBC Breakfast and her graphics are no where near what is being shown on the radar at the moment, the rain is about ten miles to the north of me in Bedford. I suppose it could pull back down again although even the met office web site seems to be different from her forecast at the moment.

Makes you laugh doesn't it. The graphics were miles out. I do think we will see that rain pull back down but when and who will get heavy stuff is anyone's guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. 10c here in Norwich. Fine drizzle and overcast. Looks as though it may brighten up but we shall see. Re' met office, IMO we get more accuracy from the guys on this forum. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Here is a recent radar image. To be honest, I'm surprised how far north of my area the main rain band currently is.

post-11059-0-80647700-1338709782_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Please let me have some surprise sun tomorrow afternoon. Got a big BBQ planned.

Posted

Hmm, it looks fragmented around my area and that's how it's going. Drizzle, then brightens a bit then more drizzle. Ah well, hopefully Ipswich will be better when I get there later. :)

Posted

Of course, a British bank holiday weekend - it had to be drizzle!!!! rofl.gif

Well...Looks like tomorrow will see rain clear around 7-8am (if it even arrives) forecasting nightmare it looks like at the moment...Real big mess up last night with what looked to be a complete wash out for most of us ended up with 2-3 hours of moderate rain..Looking at SAT24 it should turn brighter in the afternoon as the cloud moves north and east allowing the sun to shine through...

My views on tomorrow:

12060409_0300.gif

6am Monday and it looks like the worst of the rain has cleared

12060412_0300.gif

Midday no signs of rain just cloudy

12060412_0300.gif

Midday temps not amazing but will do as long as it's dry :)

I'm not ruling out that tomorrow will be dry for all of us...I think showers and drizzle could be on the cards for a few un lucky ones..But what ever the weather ENJOY THE CELEBRATIONS !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

So where is all this heavy rain in London this morning??

Haha... Love it. No rain and once again heavy rain predicted for my town which never happened. This has happened quite a lot over the past month. Anyway a chance to enjoy party's today without being a wash out.

Even tomorrow looking a damn sight better then originally thought.

Im in east London and it lashed it down with rain for a good few hours last night. Heaviest from about midnight to 2am.

Posted

I've just looked at the radar again and it shows a very similar picture to earlier. It just means that some folk, mostly to the north of our region, are enduring a horrible day of weather. Here it's just cloudy and cold.

Posted

Please let me have some surprise sun tomorrow afternoon. Got a big BBQ planned.

Well the forecast is cautiously optimistic. If the weather panned out as the Country Tracks forecast recently on BBC1, then NW Kent would have a reasonable amount of sunshine, with just an outside chance of a shower and temperatures of 15/16C.

To me, it looks like one of those times when it's best to look out of the curtains in the morning, because if there's any sort of delay in the departure of the low pressure, then it'll make all the difference to the day. A good sign on the forecast though was that the departure was pretty rapid, which implies that any overhang of cloud will also be on its way out quickly too.

Fingers crossed that all is okay for you!

Posted

Im in east London and it lashed it down with rain for a good few hours last night. Heaviest from about midnight to 2am.

I was asleep so that doesn't count for me.. Haha.. I have to see it for it to count.

Also two hours of heavy rain is a big difference to 10 hours of heavy rain which was forecast

Guest archiesmummy

Drizzle all morning and steady rain now, was always going to be a lazy day for us, so doesnt affect our plan, been non stop jubilee partys all week so rest is nice, feel sorry for people who have plans tho, but even tho rain was lighter than first thought at least most people had prepared for rain anyway!

Stopped for a short while now!

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted

It's issng down here now. Really gloomy day. Looks like Wednesday good for T storm fans. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye peeps, our BBQ has been cancelled; It would have been a tad unreasonable to expect all the old folks to stand around in this kack...

Posted

Well the forecast is cautiously optimistic. If the weather panned out as the Country Tracks forecast recently on BBC1, then NW Kent would have a reasonable amount of sunshine, with just an outside chance of a shower and temperatures of 15/16C.

To me, it looks like one of those times when it's best to look out of the curtains in the morning, because if there's any sort of delay in the departure of the low pressure, then it'll make all the difference to the day. A good sign on the forecast though was that the departure was pretty rapid, which implies that any overhang of cloud will also be on its way out quickly too.

Fingers crossed that all is okay for you!

Thanks!search.gif

The OH came in earlier and said the weather looks to be nicer in the afternoon. I told him to be quiet so the weather gods couldn't hear him and jinx it.

He gave me a very strange look.blush.png

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

It's been surprisingly sunny here this afternoon. A little breezy but not as cold as further north. I was wishing that I could send the sunny weather further north for the queen!

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted

It's been surprisingly sunny here this afternoon. A little breezy but not as cold as further north. I was wishing that I could send the sunny weather further north for the queen!

Yes CM, here in Brighton it improved hugely from about 1pm - attached photo is from within the gardens of the square - sunshine, very breezy, and not too cold after all. Weather has changed again in the last hour or 2 and cloud has rolled back in. What a contrast to the weather for the pageant which looked like it turned pretty grim - the choir at the end looked utterly bedraggled!

AS

post-3098-0-92528200-1338744543_thumb.jp

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Latest Countryfile forecast says dry and sunny spells inbetween cloud fr tomorrow here.