Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Guest archiesmummy

I dont mind it not raining, its when they say up to a inch of rain was going to fall last week, now it looks like a few mm if we are lucky,almost like saying it is going to be a really hot sunny day with no clouds then we get torrential rain and storms, I quite enjoy it when it rains overnight has a soothing effect especially when you can hear it on the conservatory roof, makes you want to fall asleep.

Ah rain on a conservatory roof, yes nothing like it, my nan lives in Carmarthenshire and you can see the rain roll off the hills and its just feels comforting, makes you want to snuggle under a blanket! Have always loved the sound of overnight rain for that very reason!

Essex weather still think rain til 1pm tomorrow, hope it does dry up for her majesty, on the Thames in the rain..yuk! Mind you we are Brits and the atmosphere will still be amazing, nothing dampens our spirits!

Posted

Ah rain on a conservatory roof, yes nothing like it, my nan lives in Carmarthenshire and you can see the rain roll off the hills and its just feels comforting, makes you want to snuggle under a blanket! Have always loved the sound of overnight rain for that very reason!

Essex weather still think rain til 1pm tomorrow, hope it does dry up for her majesty, on the Thames in the rain..yuk! Mind you we are Brits and the atmosphere will still be amazing, nothing dampens our spirits!

Me and you would probably do a better job at forecasting the weather than Essex weather.

Guest archiesmummy

Am I completely wrong in thinking that the way the rain is wrapped around this system it could come back on us Sunday evening? Just a learner so be kind! Lol

Posted

Just had two flashes and bangs here in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, lost sky signal as it hammered it down!

Posted

had a 5 minute downpour and now it looks lke the rain has already cleared north, i thought it was meant to hang around till tomorrow afternoon

forecasting is getting worse by the week

Posted

http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

to get where the rain is click above

PPVE89.png

PPVG89.png

these look wet for tomorrow from my eyes

however monday has low pressure close by but could stay dry in the afternoon

PPVI89.png

PPVJ89.png

tuesday also looks dry as well

PPVK89.png

PPVL89.png

so not as bad by these as first feared

assuming their right

nae looks very similar to above

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Edited by john pike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

All dry now and since that stuff over kent is heading NE its going to miss most of london completly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Battering it down here...trying to get to sleep! No thunder tho....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Absolutely Pelting it down here in addo

Reminds me of downpours when abroad

Big raindrops

Edited by snowbob

Posted

Looks as though tommorow afternoon

May be dry

Hoping Monday afternoon will be dry too

Huge BBQ ing going on

Any ideas jp

Edited by snowbob

Posted

Saw multiple lightning flashes whilst driving round the M25 about an hour ago. The conditions were horrendous, couldn't see a thing because of the spray.

Posted

Looks as though tommorow afternoon

May be dry

Hoping Monday afternoon will be dry too

Huge BBQ ing going on

Any ideas jp

hello mate

monday afternoon may see the odd shower according to the fax charts

but nothing like the heavy rain predicted before

12060412_0218.gif

12060418_0218.gif

you may be just far enough west to stay dry smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hammering down here. Just so bored with the rain c rap,Going to turn the summer boiler switch on,Ahhh just thought...No we dont need any more rain for those thinking. April to may was cool and really wet enough. So bored with this rubbish weather pattern,I know some said it could last a while,But seriously its not fun anymore. Anyway enjoy your jubilee break and get merry,If you can get beyond that then you will not feel the damp chill. As for BBQ monday afternoon best bet,The only bet.

JT

Posted

To be honest I couldn't count on one hand the amount of bbqs I have had in the sun lol

I'm only used to tossing burgers with one hand and holding a golf brolly with the other

Let's be honest us British are a resilient bunch

Bring on the jubilee what ever the weather

I still got 4 days off work and that to me is priceless lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Is it me or do the people at the meto seem imcompatent or is it the algorithms they are using imcompatent, they couldnt predict that the area of heavy rain would move north quicker then expected 12 hours or even 6 hours before? I know the UK weather is unique but that is no excuse.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Drizzling with plenty of atmospheric sea mist in Brighton - no horizon available! Rained a fair bit last night. Just watching BBC news, presenter on the Thames is hanging on to a large brolly and mentioned the heavy rain last night in central London. Forecaster said rain coming and going with north easterly breezes and cool 11c, so maybe not much has changed in the forecast after all for today at least. The rain band then looks like it's heading back our way later in the day. Forecast for Monday is much better now but Tuesday looks like turning wet as the day goes on.

Interestingly though, having expected it to be quite windy here there is not a breath.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It looks like tomorrow will be far better than predicted earlier, with reasonable sunshine, if still coolish.

I was thinking on Friday ( I wish I'd posted then, as it looks like I'm saying this with hindsight ) how often forecasts can predict two days of dire weather in this part of the country (like today and tomorrow, which had constant rain implied) and yet the reality is that it almost never happens. When the forecasts say this is due to happen in Scotland, it generally does.

I went on a riverside walk between Chelmsford and Maldon yesterday morning, which was in very cool weather, with occasional spits of rain. I was reasonably happy with this as I didn't need sun lotion. Once I was back home it was fairly sunny, so my local pub had at least one day of good trade (they've put lots of preparation into this weekend) and I helped in that.drinks.gif

Posted

morning all like winter outside 8.9 raining they windy dont think its a nice day to be on the thames this afternoon!!!

Posted

So where is all this heavy rain in London this morning??

Haha... Love it. No rain and once again heavy rain predicted for my town which never happened. This has happened quite a lot over the past month. Anyway a chance to enjoy party's today without being a wash out.

Even tomorrow looking a damn sight better then originally thought.