Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I've got some rather dodgy ridge tiles on the garage roof at the moment, I think I might park a bit further up the drive just in case ph34r.png

..... it will save the builders a job if that part of the roof blows off though because (as long as we get planning permission) that part of the house is going to be extended later in the year to create a new west wing !

That would be a thing you'd kick yourself for.doh.gif

I remember losing a tile a few years ago, while I was having a shower. I couldn't believe the amount of noise it made on the way down! It was like 'Jeez, what the hell was that!'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well I never! I've never heard a roof tile 'blow-off' before!sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well I never! I've never heard a roof tile 'blow-off' before!sorry.gif

Really ? I saw a complete house roof 'blow off' in 1987 unknw.gif

Posted

lookiing at the showers on the radar could get a bit of action soon!!!!

Posted

Metoffice warning for thurs into friday....gales and rain. Damage to trees is "likely"

Laura Tobin just said 60-70mph around coasts

Edit: ooops just seen mk's post above

Similar warnings to what we have in winter. Weird to see it for June I must say.

Anyway I can't see anything happening here apart from a twig falling off a tree.

50mph gusts in NE London Essex where I am will not cause damage, I can pretty much put money on that.

English channel coasts could see the odd tree blown down - lots of street litter everywhere and branches and twigs on the road where gusts could reach 70mph.

If come Friday I'm standing outside my house with tiles off my roof and trees in the road then I'll admit I'm wrong but quite frankly that's never going to happen.

Posted

Similar warnings to what we have in winter. Weird to see it for June I must say.

Anyway I can't see anything happening here apart from a twig falling off a tree.

50mph gusts in NE London Essex where I am will not cause damage, I can pretty much put money on that.

English channel coasts could see the odd tree blown down - lots of street litter everywhere and branches and twigs on the road where gusts could reach 70mph.

If come Friday I'm standing outside my house with tiles off my roof and trees in the road then I'll admit I'm wrong but quite frankly that's never going to happen.

all i say carol k was warning of bad bad weather this kind of storm is rare for june

Posted

Latest GFS still going with big gusts of around 93 km/h (57mph) on Friday morning along Channel coast, with something approaching that all the way into London!

36_25.gif

48_25.gif

Exiting out of Essex and E Anglia:

54_25.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Thanks for your pearls of wisdom :)

Guest archiesmummy

Ha ha, that's never going to happen, Mr fish said that didn't he?! Not having ago but maybe its unlikely or don't think it will happen is more appropriate, no?

I know you will be the first one on here Friday evening saying I told you so and I hope for the sake of house owners up and down our region that's the case but there is nothing wrong with being prepared, would rather know than not and be all like, no one told us this was going to happen!

#Justsayin :)

Edited by archiesmummy

Your betting on mother nature...That is not wise ;)

Posted

Haha... I'll be on here Friday saying I told you so alright.

Don't worry I'll be sure to take a pic of my house without its roof off on friday and post it to the forum.

Off to sainsburys now to stock up on my beans before this horrendous storm hits Essex.

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/18338919

Who said this was not going to be a bad storm and typical English weather? LOL

What crappy weather for the weekend too! I'm glad I'll be away from it to be honest.

Posted

Looks like there are storms in the Norwich area currently. Any reports?smile.png

Posted

What crappy weather for the weekend too! I'm glad I'll be away from it to be honest.

Me too. Can't wait. Although this terrible storm on Friday might rip the Tarmac of the runway and I won't be going anywhere.

Sure is rubbish...And

Anthonyb

...Don't worry I got plenty of beans pop round and I will give you a few...

Haha.. Thanks Surrey. Judging by your analysis I'll need more than beans during this frightful storm on Friday.

I'm thinking of not going outside and everything I'm that scared

Posted

Although this terrible storm on Friday might rip the Tarmac of the runway and I won't be going anywhere.

Lets hope it's not that bad then eh? :whistling:

Posted

Awww... Don't hate just because I'm not a wet and windy lover

I'm not sure about your 'prowess in private' !!!!! rofl.gif

Me too. Can't wait. Although this terrible storm on Friday might rip the Tarmac of the runway and I won't be going anywhere.

Haha.. Thanks Surrey. Judging by your analysis I'll need more than beans during this frightful storm on Friday.

I'm thinking of not going outside and everything I'm that scared

Trust me..We are going to need to hide in 5 ft thick concrete bunkers it's going to be that bad...(Im kidding don't worry) Yes quite a bit blowy with quite a bit of rain..Nothing we are all not used to..With trees in full leaf probably some branches down and nearer the coast trees down...But that's all :) Enough to warrant a yellow warning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Well, that's just typical. I've been waiting and waiting for a storm and as soon as I'm away from Norwich.....they get one. Grrrrrr! :(

It's quiet at mo in Ipswich and looks to remain so. *sigh*