Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 9

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Verry heavy rain with tnl here in north brum just after 5pm. So guys is this it for us in brum for today?

Posted

Had some heavyish showers here earlier, on the whole just a grey day with no thunder, outlook is dire/hideous/mind numbling awful with no positives so i'll be returning in a weeks time to see if its any better then.

Posted

Not rained here in Redditch for over an hour. Is this the calm before the storm , or is the West Mids actually not going to be as bad for rain during the day as predicted everywhere ?

Posted

Been raining quite heavily for around 15 minutes and the radar only shows heavy stuff starting to arrive

Posted

Wind speed has started coming up in the past hour, and the rain is steady.

Posted

Anybody know what the wind speed might be like here? I know it won't be as bad as other areas and it also comes down to where it goes and now casting.

Edited by Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A truly abysmal day. I really cannot understand how people can like this in Summer! I know Terminal Moraine does (somehow!) but the weather could not be more wrong at this time of year.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

A truly abysmal day. I really cannot understand how people can like this in Summer! I know Terminal Moraine does (somehow!) but the weather could not be more wrong at this time of year.

i actually quite like it. quite cosy to be indoors, keeps the weather varied aswell which is something i crave. as nice as sunny days are, i just like some variety, it doesnt rain ALL the time, and its what makes it british.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

everything moved north now no thunder and hardly a breath of wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

tomorrow is going to be an absolute washout for Stafford, today not too bad, not even that cold really

eh?.....It's poured down this afternoon...Stafford's showing getting on for 1/2 inch rainfall in the past 4 hours....Re. tomorrow, I disagree ..The winds will be SWerly so I'd expect the Welsh mountains to leech out a lot of the rainfall....It certainly won't be a good day, but to label it a washout is a bit misleading IMO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

We've had an inch of rain today, doesn't look like it's finished yet.

Posted

eh?.....It's poured down this afternoon...Stafford's showing getting on for 1/2 inch rainfall in the past 4 hours....Re. tomorrow, I disagree ..The winds will be SWerly so I'd expect the Welsh mountains to leech out a lot of the rainfall....It certainly won't be a good day, but to label it a washout is a bit misleading IMO

i cant believe alvechurch has only recorded 9mm today. been close to a washout today with around an inch in these parts since midnight. as you say, will be dribs and drabs tomorrow i suspect.

Posted

going to be some high rainfall totals in places through the night i feel. rainfall has been pretty heavy over this patch for a good hour or so now, only just tailing away.

Posted

The rain over the last two hours has probably been the heaviest of the entire spell here, being persistently heavy with only occasional lapses to moderate rainfall, although just now it's stopped more or less entirely. Today looks like it could even rival yesterday's rainfall total.

Edited by Harve

Posted

Despite our closeness to the Welsh border — about 8 miles here — it's been virtually dry all day so far. Does anyone know why the rain is stuck over Wales and appears not to want to venture into England? The whole lot is revolving anticlockwise, but it never gets over the border.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Despite our closeness to the Welsh border — about 8 miles here — it's been virtually dry all day so far. Does anyone know why the rain is stuck over Wales and appears not to want to venture into England? The whole lot is revolving anticlockwise, but it never gets over the border.

orographic lift & resultant rain shadow effect smile.png

Posted

orographic lift & resultant rain shadow effect smile.png

It amazing looking at this in action on the rainfall radar, isn't it? I honestly thought only the higher mountains in North Wales could produce such an effect, but evidently not. It's almost as if someone has powered up a rain shield since mid-afternoon.

Bish

Posted

must have reached Birmingham, cricket washed out

It's been more or less dry in Brum since lunchtime as has been here....the second day's play at Edgbaston was abandoned due to a water logged outfield, a result of the rainfall over the past 24-36 hours....In hindsight, the groundstaff may have been a bit hasty as with this drying wind I reckon some play in the evening session would've been possible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Been raining seemingly non stop for the past 36 hours. Earlier on we had some localised torrential bursts and my road was 2 inches deep in surface water at one point.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

It amazing looking at this in action on the rainfall radar, isn't it? I honestly thought only the higher mountains in North Wales could produce such an effect, but evidently not. It's almost as if someone has powered up a rain shield since mid-afternoon.

Bish

40mm here past 24 hours, 71mm near Aberystwyth, and over 120mm over the high hills of mid Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's been more or less dry in Brum since lunchtime as has been here....the second day's play at Edgbaston was abandoned due to a water logged outfield, a result of the rainfall over the past 24-36 hours....In hindsight, the groundstaff may have been a bit hasty as with this drying wind I reckon some play in the evening session would've been possible

I sat inside the 'square peg' pub on new street from 11am-2pm and I can tell you at not 1 point did the rain get anything less than heavy drizzle, puddles everywhere throughout the city centre, near constant moderate rain. I went to edgebaston and the outfield looked okay, but there was still puddles everywhere. Strangely it did clear up after it was abandoned at 3pm-ish but not enough to dry off sufficiently. It wouldnt surprise me to see a delayed start tommorrow.

Anyway, me and the weather have issues. The 1st test match to be washed out 2 days running since 1964 and its the day that I choose. 48 years almost and on just 1 of thoose days, just 1 of any I could have taken MY day gets rained out. Fine im sure some people have enjoyed this wind and rain event. But it can be telephone boxing windy and pouring with horrendous amounts of rain from September-April. Its June for god sake. Sods law says ill probably pick another rainy day next time!

So horrifically dissapointing - on the upside. I have 4 or 5 pints and a nice meal.

Maybe next time :(.

Posted

I thought the atmosphere would be running out of moisture now, but the rainfall has just turned heavy again despite looking to be petering out throughout the evening. It's crazy. I don't remember such a wet 48 hours since June 2007 (though I'm sure actual statistics could disprove this).