Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 9

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The outlook really looks dire again, god the first half of this month looks being words bad just like April and the first half of May, you can't make this stuff up.

For some reason really decent weather is always followed by as bad as it gets washouts, and how this weekend miraculously changed from being pleasant and dry to

a washout says it all.

For some reason, warm spells always seem to go the other side of average to really poor. Just average isnt good enough.

Just 8c this Sunday, feeling like 5c!!!! Anyone who likes that is seriously wrong in the head!!!! God almighty the outlook is shocking. It really cant get worse than Sunday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

For some reason, warm spells always seem to go the other side of average to really poor. Just average isnt good enough.

Just 8c this Sunday, feeling like 5c!!!! Anyone who likes that is seriously wrong in the head!!!! God almighty the outlook is shocking. It really cant get worse than Sunday!

Sundays are common for this setup, often rains all day on a sunday, just normal really nothing out of the ordinary, cant say I particularly like it, but it is normal Sunday weather

Posted

Sundays are common for this setup, often rains all day on a sunday, just normal really nothing out of the ordinary, cant say I particularly like it, but it is normal Sunday weather

By the way it is gonna rain on saturday night, i notice you always seem to think it rains during the day and not at night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

To be honest I dont think Low Pressure systems target British Weekends on purpose if thats what your trying to say. 8c in June is not normal. In fact its disgusting, vile and pure wrong.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

TBH i could do with the rain, for my allotment, but why does it always have to be cold rain all the time, this bank holiday weekend will be colder than days in mid winter

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just 8c this Sunday, feeling like 5c!!!! Anyone who likes that is seriously wrong in the head!!!!

Perhaps I should make an appointment with my therapist!

I'm so happy with the outlook I almost require sedatives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Eugh how depressing. I can't believe how depressing the UKs weather actually is. Its probably why we moan all of the time.

Posted

Why do atlantic weather fronts ALWAYS arrive here during the day to?

There was a time when they would sweep through overnight with plenty of sunshine and just showers following by day, July 2009 for example, a very wet month but I remember

many days would see rain clear in the morning to give a warm sunnyish 19-24c afternoon and just a shower or two at most, these days its a case of clear nights with rain arriving in the day or rain day AND night e.g tommorow afternoon - sunday night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Ugh thick fog this morning here, still misty now, visibility rubbish. I guess we'll have more to complain about over the next couple of days when the rain arrives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Currently invaded by drizzle and feeling a little cool as well - my personal least favourite weather type. Would enjoy it more if it was heavy rain, though. But I guess the heavy rain shield here is just too over-powering at the moment. ;-)

Posted

This time last week i was basking in hot sunshine, almost unbearable, as i ended up with sunburn! I also experienced a magnificent storm the night before, infact the best i have ever seen, it approached with a spherical front, with lightening every 5-10 seconds and it lasted for a good hour! However very little thunder was heard for some strange reason! Also i would be in line for more storms tonight... what a contrast to today!

Posted

Today, is ugly, vile but just a small taste of tomorrow. Really shocking conditions. Makes me angry to see the "green hole" over the UK on the H500 charts where there are lower heights. Better conditions EVERYWHERE but the UK. It really feels like that for one weeks good weather we must pay by 1 months awful weather.

Posted

Oh my word the sun just came out! First time today. The grey murk has finally lifted.

Posted

Oh my word the sun just came out! First time today. The grey murk has finally lifted.

Lucky you! just started getting the first few spots from the main rain band. Cornwall already in the clear, so moving further north perhaps?

Posted

Just think, in winter we were all saying that "I bet come summer, we'll have a huge GL high and massive northern blocking".

And look what's come home to roost?

Well, I'm gonna say it now!

"I bet come winter we'll have mild southerlies and a Bartlett high!".

There, now winter can do what it bloody well likes, we simply cannot get any worse weather than we've had for the past 4 years now!!

Summer can bugger off too, it can't even manage average weather, we either get stupidly hot or stupidly wet and cold, never anything in between.

It's really buggered up our takings at work now, we were reeling after April and early May and now our last hope month June is starting on an almost record breakingly duff note!

Who is in charge of this mess, I want words :p

Posted

Is it me or is the band of rain pushing further north than orginally forecasted!!the rain was meant to hang around the midlands all day sunday but there is already a clearance from the south!!😊

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted

Most if not all June's get one or two day's similar to this, not as unusual as some may believe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well, when the forecasters said it was going to be wet today, they got it spot on....It's been raining here for 18 hours now....horrible, truly horrible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

well, when the forecasters said it was going to be wet today, they got it spot on....It's been raining here for 18 hours now....horrible, truly horrible!

Had to put the electric fire on today. Current temp is 9.2C

Posted

I found at least 3 equally horrid June days in Coventry Bablake statistics:

As recent as 2009, June 6th max 12.6c with over 20mm rain

June 26th 1997 max 10.5c with 'rain all day'

The pick of the bunch! June 6th 1985 max 9.9c and 29mm rain! Sleet then fell on the morning of the 7th at Elmdon Airport (COL Bulletin June 1985).

http://bws.users.net...limate data.htm

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not here hardly rained, not the usual wet sunday, north of here seems wettish around manchester

Posted

Been raining solidly all day, heavier now if anything, still in thick fog. Temperature 10.1oC, feels pretty chilly even indoors, had to put the heating on briefly.

Posted

I found at least 3 equally horrid June days in Coventry Bablake statistics:

As recent as 2009, June 6th max 12.6c with over 20mm rain

June 26th 1997 max 10.5c with 'rain all day'

The pick of the bunch! June 6th 1985 max 9.9c and 29mm rain! Sleet then fell on the morning of the 7th at Elmdon Airport (COL Bulletin June 1985).

http://bws.users.net...limate data.htm

In Buxton, today looks to be beating that 'pick of the bunch' day. 20mm so far and a daytime maximum of roughly 6.5c in the early hours of this morning. The 7.6c 'high' shown on the link came very shortly after midnight.

http://buxtonweather.co.uk/

vws742.jpg

vws856.jpg