Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 9

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

I'm sure i just heard a rumble of thunder?! Or was it my tummy haha!?

Posted

I'm sure i just heard a rumble of thunder?! Or was it my tummy haha!?

A strike is showing up just by Much Wenlock.

Detector also confirms the thunder I heard in Nuneaton, location of strikes looks to be Hinckley.

Posted

Intense shower just south of here, wind still to westerly though!! need just a smidge more of a southerly tint to it!

:lol: Literally dodging us by 4-5 miles to the south now.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Just heard a couple of very distant rumbles of thunder. We had one very sharp shower about half an hour ago (which I guess is the same as the one Rainbow Snow reported on here), but the sky is still very murky and ominous.

EDIT: absolutely torrenting it down now good.gif

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,heavy rain,hot summer days,snowy winters.

Nothing exciting over coventry sad.png not even a good rain storm

Edited to say its comming down nicely now biggrin.png

Edited by 02476lisa

Posted

Nothing exciting over coventry sad.png not even a good rain storm

Blimey, you're unlucky. It's been belting down here for the past twenty minutes now. Maybe it's heading in your direction :)

Bish

Posted

Yep dodged here and the suns finally out now, 5 miles south of here on the outskirts of Telford got 2 rumbles of thunder and a soaking, really cursed living in this weatherless place :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,heavy rain,hot summer days,snowy winters.

Blimey, you're unlucky. It's been belting down here for the past twenty minutes now. Maybe it's heading in your direction smile.png

Bish

It decided to come down about 5 minutes ago,fall all of 30 seconds sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just when is this uncomfortable warm spell gonna end? today hottest of year at 26.8C, no storms, although stormy to my south during the torch at 5pm,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Yep dodged here and the suns finally out now, 5 miles south of here on the outskirts of Telford got 2 rumbles of thunder and a soaking, really cursed living in this weatherless place :lol:

Yep i agree with you conor! I heard one rumble of thunder only cause i was outside at the time and there was a shower ( but the sun was out for most of it!) Telford truly is a rubbish place to live when it comes to weather lol!!

Posted

Blimey!

That was a dodgy ride home!

The rain was so torrential that I couldn't ride at more than 10mph and I had to stop several times because the man hole covers were blowing off!

It was really, really severe, watch out those down the line with this rain storm!!!!!!!

Posted

Everything feels lovely and fresh here now. The sun is coming out again, even though it's still raining quite heavily.

Some of those storms to the north and east of London look astonishing on the radar ohmy.png

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A very disappointing day. Despite a forecast this morning of widespread showers there's been not a spot of rain here and at no time has it looked as though there might be.

Perhaps a 'tail ender' will come along this evening.

Posted
Blimey!

That was a dodgy ride home!

The rain was so torrential that I couldn't ride at more than 10mph and I had to stop several times because the man hole covers were blowing off!

It was really, really severe, watch out those down the line with this rain storm!!!!!!!

Wow that sounds intense! What's the situation with those man hole covers? I've never heard of that happening before.

We've just had one final burst of heavy rain, really torrential, in broad sunlight which gave us a stunning rainbow. About forty five minutes of constant downpour, just what the doctor ordered after an uncomfortably humid day good.gif

Bish

Posted

I was still at work in Rowley Regis when the 'storm' hit at around 4:20 this afternoon. I didn't hear any thunder at all but there was a lot of incredibly heavy rain. However, my wife was at home 6 miles west of my work in Wordsley...and she said there was quite a bit thunder there. Strange.

Posted

Great storm in Northampton area past 20 minutes. Torrential rain, sheet lightning, violent thunder.

Still ongoing.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

we had a 2 minute downpour looks like i just clipped the southern end of it

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

Wow that sounds intense! What's the situation with those man hole covers? I've never heard of that happening before.

We've just had one final burst of heavy rain, really torrential, in broad sunlight which gave us a stunning rainbow. About forty five minutes of constant downpour, just what the doctor ordered after an uncomfortably humid day good.gif

Bish

I'm not sure, coz I was too wet and miserable to be wanting to go and have a look afterwards, also it's about a mile from my house.

I don't know if it was connected but, we lost our internet connection just after the storm and also the water board came around about an hour ago and turned off our water supply and it's still off?

There were alot of sirens going, so It must have cause alot of problems.

I was just saying to a workmate earlier today that we don't seem to get huge rainstorms like we used to, lol! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Very wet sunday coming up, and Whit holiday monday looks wet, but this is normal English weather unlike the last 9 days

Posted

Yep I just knew Bank Holiday weekend would find some way to end up an absolute washout as usual.

Slate grey skies and much cooler today, I expect were next see 25c in September now :lol:

I expect were next see 25c in September now

lol yes that is possible but i definately think we will see a brief heatwave in July, almost all Julys have them, hopefully mainly a SE affair just because i want the 26C recorded in Coventry in May to be the highest temp of the year as recording the highest temp of the year in May is exceptionally rare, also wouldnt mind the coldest temp being recorded in the second half of November for the year.

Posted

The outlook really looks dire again, god the first half of this month looks being words bad just like April and the first half of May, you can't make this stuff up.

For some reason really decent weather is always followed by as bad as it gets washouts, and how this weekend miraculously changed from being pleasant and dry to

a washout says it all.

Posted

warm again today, I wonder when the warm spell will end? 23.2C max today

Is your sensor under an oven :lol:

Nowhere in the Midlands has breached 20c today, a high of 18.8c which was pleasant enough but overcast skies all day.