Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 9

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,heavy rain,hot summer days,snowy winters.

Beautiful day in Coventry :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

24C here.....that's my warmest temp of the year so far I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Certainly a lot of great weather around at the moment. :) Temperature approaching 23*C now. Almost feels as though we have jumped from Winter to Summer in just one week. :D

Posted

24.9C here at the moment, Sun's gone a bit hazy now but it's still lovely outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

25.3c/77f. We have gone from Winterlike temperatures to Summerlike temperatures with-in 36hrs! To Hot To soon as far as Im concerned, especially if you have to work in that Hot Sun!!give_rose.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

An exceptionally nice day, hot in the sun at 25c here :D

Posted

High here of 22.9c with cloudless skies and light winds, absolutely glorious!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,heavy rain,hot summer days,snowy winters.

25c here :)

Posted

Hopefully a 25c here today! cooled down much more than the rest of the Midlands this evening due to the light NW breeze coming through Cheshire Gap!

Currently 11.5c and clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A very warm or hot day ahead again today. I think the charts especially GFS have way overestimated the thunder risk imo. The risk is below 15% I think. Temperatures up a degree or two as well today so 25/26 maybe even 27c possible. Tomorrow may in fact just get a little higher again before getting just slightly cooler from a strengthening breeze though nothing too bad.

Posted

No 25c going to be reached here today unless this grot burns off, the Cheshire Gap has decided to send thick mist all the way here with here whilst the rest of the Midlands is crystal clear!

Posted

No 25c going to be reached here today unless this grot burns off, the Cheshire Gap has decided to send thick mist all the way here with here whilst the rest of the Midlands is crystal clear!

Unlucky though I'm sure it's gone now. Conversely, hot and sunny here now with no breeze at all. Hotter than yesterday I'm sure. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Ive got a reading of 27.6c here near Lichfield. I am quite low lying compared with other areas around me.

Its probably a slightly higher reading due to my garden microclimate although the sensor is positioned on a shaded bird table next to the pond and lawn.

The Coleshill official met office station is a strange one reading 23.7c. However, it is quite exposed and on a considerable hill, personally i dont think its a very good location for the met office to position one of their stations, given the general low-lying topographic characteristics of the east Birmingham area.

The Coleshill reading is bull IMO because after nearly 10 years of weather interest it feels to me that its at least 25c around here if not higher (and my judgement taking into account high humidity).

Posted

Local stations around 26.5c now, could we reach 27c? :D

Posted

I recorded 27.6C in Warwick today at 15.53hrs. Currently at 26.4C

Coventry Airport currently recording 26C (max for the day) which is about 12 miles away.

Posted

Mist burnt off just after I put that post this morning :lol: weathergods must of heard my weeps for once!

Glorious day since with clear skies most of the day, a few cumulus clouds bubbling up now, high today of 24.4c here.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Ive got a reading of 27.6c here near Lichfield. I am quite low lying compared with other areas around me.

Its probably a slightly higher reading due to my garden microclimate although the sensor is positioned on a shaded bird table next to the pond and lawn.

The Coleshill official met office station is a strange one reading 23.7c. However, it is quite exposed and on a considerable hill, personally i dont think its a very good location for the met office to position one of their stations, given the general low-lying topographic characteristics of the east Birmingham area.

The Coleshill reading is bull IMO because after nearly 10 years of weather interest it feels to me that its at least 25c around here if not higher (and my judgement taking into account high humidity).

Your summary says it all about the temperature variations really.

Coleshill is a Met Office station with correct siting and exposure, representative of the surrounding countryside (a mix of low valleys with rolling but low hills) while your probably unscreened and unofficial sensor is representative of a sheltered garden, and received radiation from surrounding surfaces and objects and so not measuring the true shade air temperature.

Regarding altitude, Coleshill is on relatively low ground at just 96masl. Plenty of parts of Warwickshire have higher ground than this.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

it was only 21c here but that felt hot, because i am not used to these temperatures after having 2 months of cold gloomy crap,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

The tiny blob of rain on the radar is right over me now.

funnily enough....Snap

Posted

Breeze funnelling through Cheshire Gap again here this evening has dropped temperature off to 17c which is good as warm days with cool comfortable nights is the best kind of weather for me :D

No showers/storms here in the end, perhaps more of a risk tommorow evening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Breeze funnelling through Cheshire Gap again here this evening has dropped temperature off to 17c which is good as warm days with cool comfortable nights is the best kind of weather for me biggrin.png

No showers/storms here in the end, perhaps more of a risk tommorow evening?

yeah good wind direction, feels cooler with my NW facing open window, just a bit of misty low cloud moving in, hope it stays fresher